lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Not sure tbh. I will fire up my ATC demo in an hour (if it still works) and check.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:42 pm

pablo101 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:trades from today, including one loser.

First trade was a set entry before i left to school. If i was home i would have entered on a better price.

Second entry again one candle late and if a was a bit smarter i could have closed at BE.

third trade the best of the day. So i had a amazing day.

Dragon

From your trades yesterday, I estimate you made around 120 pips. So if I go by your original numbers you earlier posted of 250 dollars per pip, that means you made USD30,000!! Get the funk outta here!

Sorry for being nosy, I'm more curious about what is realistic and true in trading because there is a lot of BS out there and I trust this site more than any.

Thanks Pete

I have showed you two days of my statement because some people do not believe what is beeing told on a forum. I know there are a lot of lies about making money.
That was the only reason why i decided to show my statement because of that people! Yes i have days from $30000 but i also have days from -$10000, just check the statement a few pages back. I think there was a loss from -$12000 and the days after +$25000.

There are other people who are making more money then me, even i could make more but why? Do i need it, do i feel happy, am i comfortable doing my thing. Yes, do you?

Just learn to trade, learn some discipline, everybody can do what i do but you have to learn all the aspects. Taking profit, placing stops making the right entrys etc. That takes time and everybody wants to run before they can walk and it doesn't work like that.

I know it sounds unbelievable i taught the same a few years back and now i am on the other side. Even now it is strange to make all that money because i wasn't born riche. Am i rich now? You know what the difference is! I can buy the things i need without waiting untill next month when the next paycheck comes. But i'm still the same guy as before, still driving a 9 year old car.
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:25 pm

adaseb wrote:Is ACT timezone same as Alpari's ?

I doubt it as I was using the Alpari 5 digit demo before I made the switch to ACT.

ATC server time is the same as MB Trading: GMT-5
Alpari server time is GMT+1

That means that there is a shift of 2 hours for the 4H bars between Alpari and MBT/ATC

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm

So which broker should you use if you decide to trade ZL based of the H4 ?

Take both into account?

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Use the Alpari demo as a basis. You can decide to take trades off of that. Or, switch to MB Trading to look at H1 and M15 because from H1 down all bars are identical. Use ATC as a backup for MB Trading should it freeze. Or use ATC and forget about MB Trading demo data.

Lots of ways to skin a cat.

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:53 pm

However since the H4 is off by 2 hours. Different trades can present and one can get confused.

For example
With Alpari

With ATC

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah, from the H4 it looks different. But not from H1 and down. You could combine H4 on Alpari and H1/M15 on ATC for example.

PTG

Postby PTG » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Just downloaded Dukascopy MT4 demo. It is GMT+2

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:35 am

Is that what Dragon33 uses?

So basically Apari, ATC and Dukascopy all have 3 different timezones. How do you know which trade to take then?

PTG

Postby PTG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:11 am

adaseb wrote:Is that what Dragon33 uses?

So basically Apari, ATC and Dukascopy all have 3 different timezones. How do you know which trade to take then?

He would have to answer that. Having said that, I believe he uses Alpari demo (or live) for charting and Dukascopy to drain the banks :shock:

As for me, I have started a volatility brakeout system for 4 currencies on MB Trading using Navigator on a live account a couple of weeks ago. I need to put in orders at 6 AM my time (00:00 CST) every day. For that, I require high/low of the previous day and open/close data, preferably from MB Trading live data. I have already found out that the demo data is not the same. Also, I don't have a live MT4 MBT data stream (yet, perhaps). I therefore need to read the data from the crappy charts that Navigator provides :roll: which is a major pita, especially since I missed a run in the EU because of a typo :shock: where my s/l was one pip off and I got wicked out of the trade by 0.4 pips that should and would have increased my account by about 15% on that move. Perhaps the coffee wasn't strong enough, I don't know. I need to do something about this. The best thing might be to (semi)automate this using an EA so that those manual entry errors are eliminated. Anyway, to make a long story short, that's why I'm looking at this, I have both Tradestaion code and MT4 code so I will probably have to open an account to accomodate that. Just another bump in the road.. :lol:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”