free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:21 pm

PTG wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
PTG wrote:I mean read this post from Dragon33 post75210#p75210
you might have to use this link beginners-forum/a-fresh-start-doji-s-trading-journal-t3029/page2870
it's about images_cache/i43.tinypic.com__x5qiic.png and images_cache/i41.tinypic.com__dokkqs.png

Compare the screenshots with the screenshot below to see the potential. 8)

2018-03-19_1934.png

"Trade caught by watching the fail on the daily, those trades pay back good. So no need to trade every day!!!"
There's your dead giveaway right there :lol:

PTG, right after the area you mark what about short here, why wouldn't you start looking for a long half way down. You have 3 nice bullish candles that close above the high pivot. Prices makes it right to the 50% area, prints a sema, stays in place then you have a m15 candles moving and closing above the h1 open, giving you a perfect chance to trade with candle color.

Because there is a bigger picture to take into account and it's getting in an area where you'd be looking for at least a bigger pull back since is had gone up for 2-ish weeks and that it bounced off of a half BRN that has shown to be relevant in the past (= others have been acting upon it). You don't want to go long in an area of overhead resistance after a long run up; you wait or you look for a short regardless of 50% and whatnot.

Also, looking back at it, I notice that RBNZ talking head Spencer blew some hot air; you often see a run up for days-weeks anticipating an event like that and then after the event it fizzles (also happens in stocks, e.g. Apple is said to introduce yet another useless piece of crap and the masses are buying stock like there is no tomorrow, then after the introduction, when the expectation is gone, the stock tanks). In this case it went up a bit more for half a day or so, pulling in more longs ("let's go long") and running them right into overhead resistance.

Thanks for the explanation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:24 pm

PTG wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
PTG wrote:So - let's say you went short here around the white Z-line (during Asian) :

2018-03-20_0549.png

and then during the first hour of European it goes beyond the Asian range a few pips, and closes above the 50% line of the latest H1 down momo so you might be inclined to pull the plug on that trade because that's your rule for that trade,

2018-03-20_1436.png

then there's always another trade around the corner

2018-03-20_1447.png

As I write this, it hits the H4 open/close. Right on time before 1500 CET.

2018-03-20_1500.png

What would make you take the two additional positions, when price is just falling. Wouldn't you be worried about a retrace, that would happen on about 90% of every other day. Where would you put your stops?

Because it IS falling. "Think continuation". For some reason human beings are hard wired to look for a reversal everywhere, and that's where the money is because that fails more often than not. Price can only go two ways and it favours the prevalent direction. Look at a chart. Look at the stats that TRO's tools produce. What do you do when the wind is against you, do you start to pee in the direction of the wind, or do you first turn around ? (assuming you're not in the game of wetting your own shoes that is :smt082 )
Put your stops in a place where it makes sense (e.g. "close over a horizontal line"). Or trade space, eights, or whatever else makes sense to you.

Hum this is something I will have to study and work on. Buying or selling breakouts just seems to be a losing game. According to what your saying then something like using a donchain channel would have more wins then losses, which just isn't the case. But hey it works for you which is all that matters and gives me something to work on to make my trading better. Thank you.

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
PTG wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
What would make you take the two additional positions, when price is just falling. Wouldn't you be worried about a retrace, that would happen on about 90% of every other day. Where would you put your stops?

Because it IS falling. "Think continuation". For some reason human beings are hard wired to look for a reversal everywhere, and that's where the money is because that fails more often than not. Price can only go two ways and it favours the prevalent direction. Look at a chart. Look at the stats that TRO's tools produce. What do you do when the wind is against you, do you start to pee in the direction of the wind, or do you first turn around ? (assuming you're not in the game of wetting your own shoes that is :smt082 )
Put your stops in a place where it makes sense (e.g. "close over a horizontal line"). Or trade space, eights, or whatever else makes sense to you.

Hum this is something I will have to study and work on. Buying or selling breakouts just seems to be a losing game. According to what your saying then something like using a donchain channel would have more wins then losses, which just isn't the case. But hey it works for you which is all that matters and gives me something to work on to make my trading better. Thank you.

Nah - donkey channel schmonkey channel :lol:

It's just that it matters where you enter a trade, some places have more potential than others. Example: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1572&start=60#p44844
You want to look for a reversal when the time is ripe. Exhaustion comes to mind. Or other things, like patterns repeating themselves (TRO would probably classify that as a Yale thing :-" )
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:55 pm

PTG wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
PTG wrote:

It's just that it matters where you enter a trade, some places have more potential than others. Example: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1572&start=60#p44844
You want to look for a reversal when the time is ripe. Exhaustion comes to mind. Or other things, like patterns repeating themselves (TRO would probably classify that as a Yale thing :-" )

PTG, I don’t understand how what appears on lower timeframes could be seen in a single bigger candle (wickdoll).

How do you trade, if you trade it, on one timeframe?

__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Hiya Mira

Dragon charts on the previous page show m15, H1 and H4 all shown together on the same chart
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:07 am

PTG wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
PTG wrote:

Thanks PTG.

" some places have more potential than others". Finding those places is what Im looking for.

I appreciate all your posts, responses and charts.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:54 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
PTG wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

Thanks PTG.

" some places have more potential than others". Finding those places is what Im looking for.

(For me)...that's where S+D comes into its own.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
PTG wrote:

Thanks PTG.

I've been loving S+D, using the tips you offered me. And have been tracking DWZ style and see that I like it a lot and Im thinking about adding it to my trading. Still want to test it a little more but then it should be good to go. Still need to find the indy so I don't have to eyeball it anymore.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Thanks PTG.

I've been loving S+D, using the tips you offered me. And have been tracking DWZ style and see that I like it a lot and Im thinking about adding it to my trading. Still want to test it a little more but then it should be good to go. Still need to find the indy so I don't have to eyeball it anymore.

TRO has his version of the DWZ.

There's also this variant:
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/15865

I have been running tests to see if I can identify which pairs are perhaps more suited to the kind of movement that suits DWZ best. I've narrowed it down and once I'm happy with the list (which will obviously change over time anyway), I will let you know.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:46 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

TRO has his version of the DWZ.

There's also this variant:
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/15865

I have been running tests to see if I can identify which pairs are perhaps more suited to the kind of movement that suits DWZ best. I've narrowed it down and once I'm happy with the list (which will obviously change over time anyway), I will let you know.

:D You are to nice.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”