aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Manta wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
lazygeorge wrote:Hi All,

I want to start by saying that i have been a long time lurker on these forums and followed the success of guyz like dragon and es pips closely,i've also made a few post here and there, mainly to ask and clarify questions along the way.

I am inspired by MO's teachings and contribution and thank him and Tro wholeheartedly for everything.

After going thru the NLA and this thread,and after proving the Zline concept to myself on DEMO i finally decided on 1st june 2010 to go 'LIVE'.

Dragons sucess of taking a small account into approx 22k in approx 3mths was, and still is a great inspiration to me,something i'd like to emulate myself.

I started my live account with only ?100 on the 1st of june and as of now it is at ?782 in 6wks trading at only ?1/pip,a good account growth percentage on a relative basis. I have not increased my ?/pip value as of yet because i have concerns which i would like MO,TRO,ES PIPS and DRAGON to help with.

My main concerns are timing of entries with the least amount of drawdown,even though at times i've gone 10 trades in a row without a loss,sometimes a few of those trades have been -50/60 pips before being a winning trade.

I need to drastically improve my timing which will give me the confidence to increase my pip value with proper money management.

I know everyone fashions their own way of trading MO's teachings, ES PIPS trades slightly different to DRAGON yet both are successful,what advice would you guyz give me on improving my timing??

I think im looking at the bigger picture and higher TF MOMO but sometimes get caught on trading from daily extremes when the market does'nt turn on shorter TF MOMO.

To MO,if on any given day i see the market has made a new low with some heavy down MOMO,but then i get strong up MOMO on a shorter TF,should i buy?? coz im trading from an extreme or wait for a retracement and sell at a better price going in line with higher TF MOMO and daily trend....reason being this is what has caught me out with the few losses i've had, even though i was only gonna trade the retracement like a scalp,the market does'nt retrace and goes down a bit more- making the shorter TF MOMO null and void..

LONG POST I KNOW(SORRY GUYZ AND GALS)

DRAGON/ES PIPS---What would you guyz advise on me trying to improve my entries so i can confidently put in a reasonable stoploss,dont get me wrong,i've had some fantastic entries with minimal drawdown as well,not consistently enough for me just yet.

You could argue that im not accepting the loss and moving onto the next trade but if you guyz can do with a 20-30 pip stoploss then so should i,except maybe im slightly too early or too late.......im waffling i know guyz
:lol: just a few losing trades tells me im managing the trades ok at this risk level because its worthless to me,but would i crack up and close the trades at higher ?/pip level.....probably yes....hence why i need your help improving timing....

DRAGON,your entry technique on page 55 of this thread is a little different to your later posts,are you using rat reversals now??anything to help better timing.....

I know it may sound like im a doom and gloom merchant ](*,)

But i owe a lot to all here especially MO,TRO DRAGON ESPIPS

Im a' work in progress' :D

Sorry to have gone on a bit, be assured that people here are changing lives,not because of what i've achieved coz that is miniscule compared to where guyz like dragon,es pips are,but because it gives me the belief that i will share the same success not long from now

forgive any typos :evil:

I just show different techniques to enter trades but the basics are all the same. As you know by now is your timing very important. If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more.
It means you are able to pick the right direction of the main trend. There are a few options to make your timing better.

Start drawing zerolines on the smaller frames and look for those very near to the higher frames. Then you can apply the entry technique on page 55 or you can trade the ratentry around those areas.

Mo does say it all the time. Price closes above a line or doesn't close above a line. Those are the only options out there.
Just trade from line to line. If price does not come to your line then seek for another entry or other opportunity but don not force your trade, it doesn't work.

"If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more."

Are you encouraging him to use extremly high leverage unprotected?

I may use 50:1 leverage in a trade, but it is part of a position and I
protect my average entry.

To use the leverage he has been using when there is $100,000 account on
the line could cause a heart attack.

I strongly agree that one of the key things is to have under control your risk(btw. it can be achieved even with different methods than SL).

But on the other hand...I havent learnt too many really useful things in my short life, but as far as I know, there is no real gain without risk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gqMpZroy8&feature=related

"But on the other hand...I havent learnt too many really useful things in my short life, but as far as I know, there is no real gain without risk..." -Manta

More risk is more risk and more profit is more profit.

There is nothing a day trader will achieve with a starting leverage of 25:1 that he could not achieve with a starting leverage of 5:1 except dramatically slowing the growth of his account.

But you have to hit the buttons too many times your way Mightyone. 8)

You can get it in in three shots:

5-5-15

and all in in two more:

then 25 then 50 = 100:1

The second average price is a 40% RET and all the others are 50% RET.

I might be having a duh monemnt, could you explain and/or show your
last statement? Thanks. Please remember I trade Small TF when you
reply. :wink:

This is the sort of thing you set aside 4.5% of your account for...not 45% of your account :wink:

If you have $10,000 you would see what you can do with $450.

if you make 100%c/month then you will have over 1.8 million at the end of the year.

That is pretty much what I do, trade 4.5% aggressively...not this aggressively though :lol:

Basically I am looking to get some rocket ships built at 50:1. I am pretty
excited over 10% to 20% returns on a trade using small time frames.
I do think I have been getting in initially with too much leverage so I
think your example will help once I analyze it. Thanks

Also I see your example is of a YEN cross which I think I'll be looking
at in the future, that is of couse if the Central Banks don't mess up
FOREX and I go trade options.

Or futures? They now have mini's.

It sure doesn't sound like retail forex is dead yet after reading this. Maybe even an upgrade.

http://www.forex-tsd.com/general-discus ... al-us.html

Check out spot vs. forex futures here: http://www.cmegroup.com/education/inter ... xmain.html

CME Group have a wide range of new forex products, including e-mini and e-micro, but these have very low volume so I wouldn't touch them with a stick (for now). You want liquidity to get in and out quick. That's only a matter of time I think.

The futures you'd want to trade at this time are 6E, 6B, 6J, 6A, 6C, 6S. They have 12.50, 10.00 and 6.25 per tick (= pip) depending on currency pair. Intraday-margins can go as low as 400-500$, depending on broker and instrument (currency pair). Very nice for intra-day trading.

Here's an overview of the volume top 10: http://www.futuresmag.com/News/2010/4/P ... olume.aspx
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:04 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Manta wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
lazygeorge wrote:Hi All,

I want to start by saying that i have been a long time lurker on these forums and followed the success of guyz like dragon and es pips closely,i've also made a few post here and there, mainly to ask and clarify questions along the way.

I am inspired by MO's teachings and contribution and thank him and Tro wholeheartedly for everything.

After going thru the NLA and this thread,and after proving the Zline concept to myself on DEMO i finally decided on 1st june 2010 to go 'LIVE'.

Dragons sucess of taking a small account into approx 22k in approx 3mths was, and still is a great inspiration to me,something i'd like to emulate myself.

I started my live account with only ?100 on the 1st of june and as of now it is at ?782 in 6wks trading at only ?1/pip,a good account growth percentage on a relative basis. I have not increased my ?/pip value as of yet because i have concerns which i would like MO,TRO,ES PIPS and DRAGON to help with.

My main concerns are timing of entries with the least amount of drawdown,even though at times i've gone 10 trades in a row without a loss,sometimes a few of those trades have been -50/60 pips before being a winning trade.

I need to drastically improve my timing which will give me the confidence to increase my pip value with proper money management.

I know everyone fashions their own way of trading MO's teachings, ES PIPS trades slightly different to DRAGON yet both are successful,what advice would you guyz give me on improving my timing??

I think im looking at the bigger picture and higher TF MOMO but sometimes get caught on trading from daily extremes when the market does'nt turn on shorter TF MOMO.

To MO,if on any given day i see the market has made a new low with some heavy down MOMO,but then i get strong up MOMO on a shorter TF,should i buy?? coz im trading from an extreme or wait for a retracement and sell at a better price going in line with higher TF MOMO and daily trend....reason being this is what has caught me out with the few losses i've had, even though i was only gonna trade the retracement like a scalp,the market does'nt retrace and goes down a bit more- making the shorter TF MOMO null and void..

LONG POST I KNOW(SORRY GUYZ AND GALS)

DRAGON/ES PIPS---What would you guyz advise on me trying to improve my entries so i can confidently put in a reasonable stoploss,dont get me wrong,i've had some fantastic entries with minimal drawdown as well,not consistently enough for me just yet.

You could argue that im not accepting the loss and moving onto the next trade but if you guyz can do with a 20-30 pip stoploss then so should i,except maybe im slightly too early or too late.......im waffling i know guyz
:lol: just a few losing trades tells me im managing the trades ok at this risk level because its worthless to me,but would i crack up and close the trades at higher ?/pip level.....probably yes....hence why i need your help improving timing....

DRAGON,your entry technique on page 55 of this thread is a little different to your later posts,are you using rat reversals now??anything to help better timing.....

I know it may sound like im a doom and gloom merchant ](*,)

But i owe a lot to all here especially MO,TRO DRAGON ESPIPS

Im a' work in progress' :D

Sorry to have gone on a bit, be assured that people here are changing lives,not because of what i've achieved coz that is miniscule compared to where guyz like dragon,es pips are,but because it gives me the belief that i will share the same success not long from now

forgive any typos :evil:

I just show different techniques to enter trades but the basics are all the same. As you know by now is your timing very important. If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more.
It means you are able to pick the right direction of the main trend. There are a few options to make your timing better.

Start drawing zerolines on the smaller frames and look for those very near to the higher frames. Then you can apply the entry technique on page 55 or you can trade the ratentry around those areas.

Mo does say it all the time. Price closes above a line or doesn't close above a line. Those are the only options out there.
Just trade from line to line. If price does not come to your line then seek for another entry or other opportunity but don not force your trade, it doesn't work.

"If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more."

Are you encouraging him to use extremly high leverage unprotected?

I may use 50:1 leverage in a trade, but it is part of a position and I
protect my average entry.

To use the leverage he has been using when there is $100,000 account on
the line could cause a heart attack.

I strongly agree that one of the key things is to have under control your risk(btw. it can be achieved even with different methods than SL).

But on the other hand...I havent learnt too many really useful things in my short life, but as far as I know, there is no real gain without risk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gqMpZroy8&feature=related

"But on the other hand...I havent learnt too many really useful things in my short life, but as far as I know, there is no real gain without risk..." -Manta

More risk is more risk and more profit is more profit.

There is nothing a day trader will achieve with a starting leverage of 25:1 that he could not achieve with a starting leverage of 5:1 except dramatically slowing the growth of his account.

But you have to hit the buttons too many times your way Mightyone. 8)

You can get it in in three shots:

5-5-15

and all in in two more:

then 25 then 50 = 100:1

The second average price is a 40% RET and all the others are 50% RET.

I might be having a duh monemnt, could you explain and/or show your
last statement? Thanks. Please remember I trade Small TF when you
reply. :wink:

This is the sort of thing you set aside 4.5% of your account for...not 45% of your account :wink:

If you have $10,000 you would see what you can do with $450.

if you make 100%c/month then you will have over 1.8 million at the end of the year.

That is pretty much what I do, trade 4.5% aggressively...not this aggressively though :lol:

Basically I am looking to get some rocket ships built at 50:1. I am pretty
excited over 10% to 20% returns on a trade using small time frames.
I do think I have been getting in initially with too much leverage so I
think your example will help once I analyze it. Thanks

Also I see your example is of a YEN cross which I think I'll be looking
at in the future, that is of couse if the Central Banks don't mess up
FOREX and I go trade options.

Or futures? They now have mini's.

It sure doesn't sound like retail forex is dead yet after reading this. Maybe even an upgrade.

http://www.forex-tsd.com/general-discus ... al-us.html

That link was from 2 years ago.

If you go here http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/tv/general/
then select FX cartoon and then forex monopoly you can hear what I
heard. Maybe I misunderstud the information.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:56 pm

aliassmith,
Ive been seeing it like this:

the 'product' of a central bank is the currency they are able to create, so the product of the fed is the USD, the arb has the AUD, etc...
The creation of the EUR was a step to see if the people would swallow a currency created by banks that do not answer to any nation and totally divorced from their economies while at the same time reducing the number of competing products, but still effectively allowing the former competitors to stay in the game by having them produce EURs (instead of franks,lira etc).

In a way us traders share the burden by trading such a fictitious currency, giving it legitimacy.

As we move closer to the World-o we will see more national currencies removed in favour of regional currencies. Eventually there will be no forex of any description, retail or institutional because there will be no 'competing' products. The goal of the banksters can be summed up by the quote by baron Rothschild "Give me control of the issuance of a nations currency, and I care not who writes the laws." Once we give the banksters one world currency the game is over since they will control (through the issuance [boom] or non-issuance [bust]) the available wealth of the world.

But weve heard all this before :)

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:16 pm

bredin wrote:aliassmith,

the 'product' of a central bank is the currency they are able to create, so the product of the fed is the USD, the arb has the AUD, etc...
The creation of the EUR was a step to see if the people would swallow a currency created by banks that do not answer to any nation and totally divorced from their economies while at the same time reducing the number of competing products, but still effectively allowing the former competitors to stay in the game by having them produce EURs (instead of franks,lira etc).

In a way us traders share the burden by trading such a fictitious currency, giving it legitimacy.

As we move closer to the World-o we will see more national currencies removed in favour of regional currencies. Eventually there will be no forex of any description, retail or institutional because there will be no 'competing' products. The goal of the banksters can be summed up by the quote by baron Rothschild "Give me control of the issuance of a nations currency, and I care not who writes the laws." Once we give the banksters one world currency the game is over since they will control (through the issuance [boom] or non-issuance [bust]) the available wealth of the world.

G.

I know what you are saying and I am more concerned because the
information said sonmething to the effect of having one year to fall in line.
The senario you describe is more likely when I am very old or dead.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:08 pm

aliassmith wrote:

G.

We have to see how far they get with publicizing one world government first.

PTG

Postby PTG » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:43 pm

jarnapal wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

G.

It's not going to work, this one world BS.
It will be undermined by Asia and the decentralisation through high tech, like internet.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 pm

PTG wrote:
jarnapal wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

G.

It's not going to work, this one world BS.
It will be undermined by Asia and the decentralisation through high tech, like internet.
The EUR was an interbank currency long before the discussion about creating it went public. There may be others. also the EUR is in use without the creation of a european government (Yes I know that brussels will become that government, but its not there yet), so dont discount the arrival of the worldo in the next few years as the answer to 'economic instability', like the eur before it.

I think 1WG will fail based on something much more basic, like the former Yugoslavia- which was a state made up of smaller states that had been warring with each other for about 3000 years (A mate of mine said that everything was fine until a genocidal racist came to power, but thats exactly the point Im making).

"When freedom comes to me I dont know what form it will take, but Tyranny always arrives wearing a uniform"
- Sorry, cant remember....

The Chinese have a curse. It runs "May you live in interesting times." I think we live in Interesting Times :)

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Humble

Postby Humble » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:45 am

PTG wrote: It's not going to work, this one world BS.

Yes, we may finish up saying thank god for Asia. May Oz continue it's push to be part of that region.

Greece is a good example of why it doesn't work. If they still had their own currency, their financial plight would have blown up long ago. A bail out would have came much sooner and at a far lesser cost.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Dragon, MO, ES/PIP

Would you have taken this trade. I know you dont trade EU but can you give me your opinion of this setup

4h MZ

15m trigger

The 4h mz had a 1h mz on top.
Would you have taken the trade? Yes o No? and why?
Your reply will be really helpfull cause lately i am running it this kind of trades and dont know if i shoudl take them or not.

Thanks in advance for the inputs

JUAN

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:25 pm

JESGPY wrote:Dragon, MO, ES/PIP

Would you have taken this trade. I know you dont trade EU but can you give me your opinion of this setup

4h MZ

15m trigger

The 4h mz had a 1h mz on top.
Would you have taken the trade? Yes o No? and why?
Your reply will be really helpfull cause lately i am running it this kind of trades and dont know if i shoudl take them or not.

Thanks in advance for the inputs

JUAN

i traded that off of a little bit different reason

Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”