lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:24 am

lazygeorge wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
lazygeorge wrote:Hi All,

I want to start by saying that i have been a long time lurker on these forums and followed the success of guyz like dragon and es pips closely,i've also made a few post here and there, mainly to ask and clarify questions along the way.

I am inspired by MO's teachings and contribution and thank him and Tro wholeheartedly for everything.

After going thru the NLA and this thread,and after proving the Zline concept to myself on DEMO i finally decided on 1st june 2010 to go 'LIVE'.

Dragons sucess of taking a small account into approx 22k in approx 3mths was, and still is a great inspiration to me,something i'd like to emulate myself.

I started my live account with only ?100 on the 1st of june and as of now it is at ?782 in 6wks trading at only ?1/pip,a good account growth percentage on a relative basis. I have not increased my ?/pip value as of yet because i have concerns which i would like MO,TRO,ES PIPS and DRAGON to help with.

My main concerns are timing of entries with the least amount of drawdown,even though at times i've gone 10 trades in a row without a loss,sometimes a few of those trades have been -50/60 pips before being a winning trade.

I need to drastically improve my timing which will give me the confidence to increase my pip value with proper money management.

I know everyone fashions their own way of trading MO's teachings, ES PIPS trades slightly different to DRAGON yet both are successful,what advice would you guyz give me on improving my timing??

I think im looking at the bigger picture and higher TF MOMO but sometimes get caught on trading from daily extremes when the market does'nt turn on shorter TF MOMO.

To MO,if on any given day i see the market has made a new low with some heavy down MOMO,but then i get strong up MOMO on a shorter TF,should i buy?? coz im trading from an extreme or wait for a retracement and sell at a better price going in line with higher TF MOMO and daily trend....reason being this is what has caught me out with the few losses i've had, even though i was only gonna trade the retracement like a scalp,the market does'nt retrace and goes down a bit more- making the shorter TF MOMO null and void..

LONG POST I KNOW(SORRY GUYZ AND GALS)

DRAGON/ES PIPS---What would you guyz advise on me trying to improve my entries so i can confidently put in a reasonable stoploss,dont get me wrong,i've had some fantastic entries with minimal drawdown as well,not consistently enough for me just yet.

You could argue that im not accepting the loss and moving onto the next trade but if you guyz can do with a 20-30 pip stoploss then so should i,except maybe im slightly too early or too late.......im waffling i know guyz
:lol: just a few losing trades tells me im managing the trades ok at this risk level because its worthless to me,but would i crack up and close the trades at higher ?/pip level.....probably yes....hence why i need your help improving timing....

DRAGON,your entry technique on page 55 of this thread is a little different to your later posts,are you using rat reversals now??anything to help better timing.....

I know it may sound like im a doom and gloom merchant ](*,)

But i owe a lot to all here especially MO,TRO DRAGON ESPIPS

Im a' work in progress' :D

Sorry to have gone on a bit, be assured that people here are changing lives,not because of what i've achieved coz that is miniscule compared to where guyz like dragon,es pips are,but because it gives me the belief that i will share the same success not long from now

forgive any typos :evil:

I just show different techniques to enter trades but the basics are all the same. As you know by now is your timing very important. If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more.
It means you are able to pick the right direction of the main trend. There are a few options to make your timing better.

Start drawing zerolines on the smaller frames and look for those very near to the higher frames. Then you can apply the entry technique on page 55 or you can trade the ratentry around those areas.

Mo does say it all the time. Price closes above a line or doesn't close above a line. Those are the only options out there.
Just trade from line to line. If price does not come to your line then seek for another entry or other opportunity but don not force your trade, it doesn't work.
Hi dragon,

Thank you for your kind words of inspiration,you are right,
i do have a slight feel for which way the market will move,
before knowing about the z line concept i would hold on
for too long and get z lined

so do you mean draw 15 min zline which is close to say,1hr or 4hr
z line and trade away with e.g rat entry?

but only using the 15 as entry and actually trading from either 1hr
zl to 1hr zl or 4hr to 4hr??

Also just to be clear,the smaller tf z line or any line for that matter
has to have 1.body in the direction of profit
2.wick in the direction of a loss(i say this coz not all the time
you get the wick in the direction of a loss)

I am inspired by your story,this is what firms my belief that the small
guy can truly become big......hope to keep in touch with my progress
and hope you will help where needed.....thank you

Building up a momentum starts on the smallest frame there is. You can try to catch it while it is happening but that is some trading for in the future. You pick a frame! Lets say H1 as baseframe. Draw your zerolines on that frame. When price is around your line start seeking for M15 candles away from that line (compare the size against other candles, when they are bigger start drawing lines on the M15) watch carefully the pullbacks and use the ratentry or place limits (i prefer ratentry) It is still strange to buy when the market is giving you negative candles, but that's me.
I target always the H1 zerolines and make multiple entrys because of the size i play. I do not scale in my size. Seek what fits you the best. I dream of making several 100 pips at once but what i do is comfortabel to me and i do not have the patience to wait several days to make the right entry.

conclusion: starting with H1 zeroline to buy. Every M15 zeroline above that line is valid to trade AFTER price is rejected from the H1 zeroline. That way you can try to catch H1 momo in the other direction. Take smaller pips because you need to target every M15 zeroline on your way.

Once you have your H1 momo you know how it works
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 pm

dragon33 wrote:

I want to start by saying that i have been a long time lurker on these forums and followed the success of guyz like dragon and es pips closely,i've also made a few post here and there, mainly to ask and clarify questions along the way.

I am inspired by MO's teachings and contribution and thank him and Tro wholeheartedly for everything.

After going thru the NLA and this thread,and after proving the Zline concept to myself on DEMO i finally decided on 1st june 2010 to go 'LIVE'.

Dragons sucess of taking a small account into approx 22k in approx 3mths was, and still is a great inspiration to me,something i'd like to emulate myself.

I started my live account with only ?100 on the 1st of june and as of now it is at ?782 in 6wks trading at only ?1/pip,a good account growth percentage on a relative basis. I have not increased my ?/pip value as of yet because i have concerns which i would like MO,TRO,ES PIPS and DRAGON to help with.

My main concerns are timing of entries with the least amount of drawdown,even though at times i've gone 10 trades in a row without a loss,sometimes a few of those trades have been -50/60 pips before being a winning trade.

I need to drastically improve my timing which will give me the confidence to increase my pip value with proper money management.

I know everyone fashions their own way of trading MO's teachings, ES PIPS trades slightly different to DRAGON yet both are successful,what advice would you guyz give me on improving my timing??

I think im looking at the bigger picture and higher TF MOMO but sometimes get caught on trading from daily extremes when the market does'nt turn on shorter TF MOMO.

To MO,if on any given day i see the market has made a new low with some heavy down MOMO,but then i get strong up MOMO on a shorter TF,should i buy?? coz im trading from an extreme or wait for a retracement and sell at a better price going in line with higher TF MOMO and daily trend....reason being this is what has caught me out with the few losses i've had, even though i was only gonna trade the retracement like a scalp,the market does'nt retrace and goes down a bit more- making the shorter TF MOMO null and void..

DRAGON/ES PIPS---What would you guyz advise on me trying to improve my entries so i can confidently put in a reasonable stoploss,dont get me wrong,i've had some fantastic entries with minimal drawdown as well,not consistently enough for me just yet.

You could argue that im not accepting the loss and moving onto the next trade but if you guyz can do with a 20-30 pip stoploss then so should i,except maybe im slightly too early or too late.......im waffling i know guyz
:lol: just a few losing trades tells me im managing the trades ok at this risk level because its worthless to me,but would i crack up and close the trades at higher ?/pip level.....probably yes....hence why i need your help improving timing....

DRAGON,your entry technique on page 55 of this thread is a little different to your later posts,are you using rat reversals now??anything to help better timing.....

Sorry to have gone on a bit, be assured that people here are changing lives,not because of what i've achieved coz that is miniscule compared to where guyz like dragon,es pips are,but because it gives me the belief that i will share the same success not long from now

I just show different techniques to enter trades but the basics are all the same. As you know by now is your timing very important. If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more.
It means you are able to pick the right direction of the main trend. There are a few options to make your timing better.

Start drawing zerolines on the smaller frames and look for those very near to the higher frames. Then you can apply the entry technique on page 55 or you can trade the ratentry around those areas.

Mo does say it all the time. Price closes above a line or doesn't close above a line. Those are the only options out there.
Just trade from line to line. If price does not come to your line then seek for another entry or other opportunity but don not force your trade, it doesn't work.

"If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more."

Are you encouraging him to use extremly high leverage unprotected?

I may use 50:1 leverage in a trade, but it is part of a position and I
protect my average entry.

To use the leverage he has been using when there is $100,000 account on
the line could cause a heart attack.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm

aliassmith wrote:
thepark wrote:thanks for the reply aliassmith !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is my analysis:

GBP/USD H4: potential short at H4 zeroline. if momo forms on H1 and retraces ill go short till H4 zeroline

EUR/USD H4: H4 down momo but right into resistance. HOw should this case be handled? I am more short than long here ...but not sure.

EUR/USD H4: H4 down momo but right into resistance. HOw should this case be handled? I am more short than long here ...but not sure.

EUR/USD H4 showed a dip into an order stack area. H1 Has some promise
going long. Will it go long? Who actually knows for sure :!:
A possible line in the sand on the chart.

How it played out so far
Attachments
aliasjuly13x.gif
aliasjuly13x.gif (21.04 KiB) Viewed 4190 times

lazygeorge

Postby lazygeorge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:53 pm

aliassmith wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

"If you can make a 600 ? 700% in just 6 weeks i think you are on your way to make a lot more."

Hi aliassmith,

Just to be clear,there was a default stoploss of 80 pips from my broker
which is a spreadbetting firm,they have mandatory stops.

I was just saying that the timing seemed a bit off that sometimes,
not always i occasionally get to -50/60 pips before it comes back.

But in saying that,i have always the opportunity to close the trade
at a small loss or b/e,the times i have let it go -50/60 is
when i've been at work or out.

You are right about not wanting to take that risk on a $100 000
account,hence why all this time i have not increased my size
from $1/pip.

i wanted to iron out all the little hiccups before increasing any size,
and assure you that i would not be as wreckless when the stakes
get higher, that was partly the reason to turn to you experienced
guyz/gals for help with timing.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:28 pm

lazygeorge wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Hi aliassmith,

from $1/pip.

At this point your leverage is not too bad if your stops are 20
to 30 pips. That would put you at about 4% risk per trade. If that is good
for you then go for it. I would rather risk 2% and have two tries at it.

I was thinking mostly how you originally started out and your "numbers"
were on the edge of disaster. That would be like using 100 lots on a
$100,000 account. At $1,000 a pip and -50 pips that would hurt.

Watch your numbers
Don't get overzealous
Protect your capital

lazygeorge

Postby lazygeorge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:49 pm

aliassmith wrote:
lazygeorge wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Hi aliassmith,

from $1/pip.

At this point your leverage is not too bad if your stops are 20
to 30 pips. That would put you at about 4% risk per trade. If that is good
for you then go for it. I would rather risk 2% and have two tries at it.

I was thinking mostly how you originally started out and your "numbers"
were on the edge of disaster. That would be like using 100 lots on a
$100,000 account. At $1,000 a pip and -50 pips that would hurt.

Watch your numbers
Don't get overzealous
Protect your capital

Sound advice aliassmith i appreciate it.......thanks.

scratty

Postby scratty » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks dragon

Can you help me and clarify these qestions?

1. dragon:Building up a momentum starts on the smallest frame
=> is this H1 in your example?

2. dragon: compare the size against other candles, when they are bigger start drawing lines on the M15
=> do you refer to zlines on M15? can you give me an example on a chart for that process?

3. dragon: Take smaller pips because you need to target every M15 zeroline
=> In which case you look for H1 target and which for M15?

thanks again for your help. There will be a time where even i get it :-)

dragon33 wrote:
lazygeorge wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Hi dragon,

Thank you for your kind words of inspiration,you are right,
i do have a slight feel for which way the market will move,
before knowing about the z line concept i would hold on
for too long and get z lined

so do you mean draw 15 min zline which is close to say,1hr or 4hr
z line and trade away with e.g rat entry?

but only using the 15 as entry and actually trading from either 1hr
zl to 1hr zl or 4hr to 4hr??

Also just to be clear,the smaller tf z line or any line for that matter
has to have 1.body in the direction of profit
2.wick in the direction of a loss(i say this coz not all the time
you get the wick in the direction of a loss)

I am inspired by your story,this is what firms my belief that the small
guy can truly become big......hope to keep in touch with my progress
and hope you will help where needed.....thank you

Building up a momentum starts on the smallest frame there is. You can try to catch it while it is happening but that is some trading for in the future. You pick a frame! Lets say H1 as baseframe. Draw your zerolines on that frame. When price is around your line start seeking for M15 candles away from that line (compare the size against other candles, when they are bigger start drawing lines on the M15) watch carefully the pullbacks and use the ratentry or place limits (i prefer ratentry) It is still strange to buy when the market is giving you negative candles, but that's me.
I target always the H1 zerolines and make multiple entrys because of the size i play. I do not scale in my size. Seek what fits you the best. I dream of making several 100 pips at once but what i do is comfortabel to me and i do not have the patience to wait several days to make the right entry.

conclusion: starting with H1 zeroline to buy. Every M15 zeroline above that line is valid to trade AFTER price is rejected from the H1 zeroline. That way you can try to catch H1 momo in the other direction. Take smaller pips because you need to target every M15 zeroline on your way.

Once you have your H1 momo you know how it works
Lose professionally!

zapzinig

Postby zapzinig » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Trades from today

I did not trade GU today waiting for retrace while in EJ and EU

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:45 pm

zapzinig wrote:Trades from today

I did not trade GU today waiting for retrace while in EJ and EU

8)
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

lazygeorge

Postby lazygeorge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi zapzinig

=D>

Nice trading,you obviously do this full time??

I am at work when all this is going on :evil:

Nice clear template you have their,any chance you share please?? :lol:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”