lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 am

I'm still around and accumulating pips :)

Correct 'safe' sell should have been at the arrow but got carried away

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

goji

Postby goji » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Based on the analysis and charts posted by MO/Vane (and others) - seem to align with my trading disposition ~ hence I have adopted it. Any system which confines the fluidness and randomness of the market ime has led to confusion and perpetual losses. My desire was to look at any chart, draw a couple lines, and make a trade ~ keeping indicators to an absolute minimum. ty for allowing me to access this knowledge.

Any thoughts about my trades would be greatly appreciated.

~ revelations 16:12
Attachments
eurcad1.gif
eurcad1.gif (20.73 KiB) Viewed 5005 times

goji

Postby goji » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 pm

My apologies for over posting. This chart is a little experiment I'm doing. We'll see how it turns out. I should really start a new thread.
Attachments
eurcad1.gif
eurcad1.gif (13.97 KiB) Viewed 4954 times

JESGPY

Postby JESGPY » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Manta wrote:some more pics, hope it helps. The "zones" are H4 momos (EST).

What are those arrows manta?

thepark

Postby thepark » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi all ZL traders!! I have been lurking for awhile

I have some general questions about ZL. Hope that you guys can help me.

1) For directional bias,always trade in the direction of the H4 momo?

2) in the GBP/USD H4 chart , before the last H4 candle broke, would i trade long bias due to support even though there is an H4 down momo (and/or with lower time frame momo up)? or should i be thinking of retracement to last down momo MZ and short bias?

3) in the EUR/USD H4 chart the candle retraced to an H4 down momo so my directional bias is short correct? then i look for H1 to sync and enter on m15 short ?

4) I also traded short on the GBP/USD H4 because i saw that the upward candles wicked an old ZL for an S/R trade, I then looked at the H1 to see no higher closes so i went short. is that correct or luck?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mob

Postby mob » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:13 am

thanks Manta for sharing!

lazygeorge

Postby lazygeorge » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi All,

I want to start by saying that i have been a long time lurker on these forums and followed the success of guyz like dragon and es pips closely,i've also made a few post here and there, mainly to ask and clarify questions along the way.

I am inspired by MO's teachings and contribution and thank him and Tro wholeheartedly for everything.

After going thru the NLA and this thread,and after proving the Zline concept to myself on DEMO i finally decided on 1st june 2010 to go 'LIVE'.

Dragons sucess of taking a small account into approx 22k in approx 3mths was, and still is a great inspiration to me,something i'd like to emulate myself.

I started my live account with only ?100 on the 1st of june and as of now it is at ?782 in 6wks trading at only ?1/pip,a good account growth percentage on a relative basis. I have not increased my ?/pip value as of yet because i have concerns which i would like MO,TRO,ES PIPS and DRAGON to help with.

My main concerns are timing of entries with the least amount of drawdown,even though at times i've gone 10 trades in a row without a loss,sometimes a few of those trades have been -50/60 pips before being a winning trade.

I need to drastically improve my timing which will give me the confidence to increase my pip value with proper money management.

I know everyone fashions their own way of trading MO's teachings, ES PIPS trades slightly different to DRAGON yet both are successful,what advice would you guyz give me on improving my timing??

I think im looking at the bigger picture and higher TF MOMO but sometimes get caught on trading from daily extremes when the market does'nt turn on shorter TF MOMO.

To MO,if on any given day i see the market has made a new low with some heavy down MOMO,but then i get strong up MOMO on a shorter TF,should i buy?? coz im trading from an extreme or wait for a retracement and sell at a better price going in line with higher TF MOMO and daily trend....reason being this is what has caught me out with the few losses i've had, even though i was only gonna trade the retracement like a scalp,the market does'nt retrace and goes down a bit more- making the shorter TF MOMO null and void..

LONG POST I KNOW(SORRY GUYZ AND GALS)

DRAGON/ES PIPS---What would you guyz advise on me trying to improve my entries so i can confidently put in a reasonable stoploss,dont get me wrong,i've had some fantastic entries with minimal drawdown as well,not consistently enough for me just yet.

You could argue that im not accepting the loss and moving onto the next trade but if you guyz can do with a 20-30 pip stoploss then so should i,except maybe im slightly too early or too late.......im waffling i know guyz
:lol: just a few losing trades tells me im managing the trades ok at this risk level because its worthless to me,but would i crack up and close the trades at higher ?/pip level.....probably yes....hence why i need your help improving timing....

DRAGON,your entry technique on page 55 of this thread is a little different to your later posts,are you using rat reversals now??anything to help better timing.....

I know it may sound like im a doom and gloom merchant ](*,)

But i owe a lot to all here especially MO,TRO DRAGON ESPIPS

Im a' work in progress' :D

Sorry to have gone on a bit, be assured that people here are changing lives,not because of what i've achieved coz that is miniscule compared to where guyz like dragon,es pips are,but because it gives me the belief that i will share the same success not long from now

forgive any typos :evil:

lazygeorge

Postby lazygeorge » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi manta,

Thanks for sharing.

Could you go into a liitle more detail regarding
how you would interpret all those arrows..

I see on any given tf up momo blue arrow
with a down red cfc arrow on the same bar.

Not doubting its value,just like to better understand
how to use it and what to avoid..........

thanks..

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

lazygeorge wrote:Hi All,

I want to start by saying that i have been a long time lurker on these forums and followed the success of guyz like dragon and es pips closely,i've also made a few post here and there, mainly to ask and clarify questions along the way.

I am inspired by MO's teachings and contribution and thank him and Tro wholeheartedly for everything.

After going thru the NLA and this thread,and after proving the Zline concept to myself on DEMO i finally decided on 1st june 2010 to go 'LIVE'.

Dragons sucess of taking a small account into approx 22k in approx 3mths was, and still is a great inspiration to me,something i'd like to emulate myself.

I started my live account with only ?100 on the 1st of june and as of now it is at ?782 in 6wks trading at only ?1/pip,a good account growth percentage on a relative basis. I have not increased my ?/pip value as of yet because i have concerns which i would like MO,TRO,ES PIPS and DRAGON to help with.

My main concerns are timing of entries with the least amount of drawdown,even though at times i've gone 10 trades in a row without a loss,sometimes a few of those trades have been -50/60 pips before being a winning trade.

I need to drastically improve my timing which will give me the confidence to increase my pip value with proper money management.

I know everyone fashions their own way of trading MO's teachings, ES PIPS trades slightly different to DRAGON yet both are successful,what advice would you guyz give me on improving my timing??

I think im looking at the bigger picture and higher TF MOMO but sometimes get caught on trading from daily extremes when the market does'nt turn on shorter TF MOMO.

To MO,if on any given day i see the market has made a new low with some heavy down MOMO,but then i get strong up MOMO on a shorter TF,should i buy?? coz im trading from an extreme or wait for a retracement and sell at a better price going in line with higher TF MOMO and daily trend....reason being this is what has caught me out with the few losses i've had, even though i was only gonna trade the retracement like a scalp,the market does'nt retrace and goes down a bit more- making the shorter TF MOMO null and void..

LONG POST I KNOW(SORRY GUYZ AND GALS)

DRAGON/ES PIPS---What would you guyz advise on me trying to improve my entries so i can confidently put in a reasonable stoploss,dont get me wrong,i've had some fantastic entries with minimal drawdown as well,not consistently enough for me just yet.

You could argue that im not accepting the loss and moving onto the next trade but if you guyz can do with a 20-30 pip stoploss then so should i,except maybe im slightly too early or too late.......im waffling i know guyz
:lol: just a few losing trades tells me im managing the trades ok at this risk level because its worthless to me,but would i crack up and close the trades at higher ?/pip level.....probably yes....hence why i need your help improving timing....

DRAGON,your entry technique on page 55 of this thread is a little different to your later posts,are you using rat reversals now??anything to help better timing.....

I know it may sound like im a doom and gloom merchant ](*,)

But i owe a lot to all here especially MO,TRO DRAGON ESPIPS

Im a' work in progress' :D

Sorry to have gone on a bit, be assured that people here are changing lives,not because of what i've achieved coz that is miniscule compared to where guyz like dragon,es pips are,but because it gives me the belief that i will share the same success not long from now

forgive any typos :evil:

I know I am not one of the people you mentioned, but I know a little bit
about trading. :)

To address your drawdown:
-50 or more pips is a lot compared to your leverage and to what TRO, ES/PIP, DRagon33, and myself use. Now if you actually have a plan and
that fits your money management then it is fine. Although that doesn't
appear to be the case since most traders don't plan for 10% or greater
drawdown. It can be hard, but accepting small losses is part of the game.
Not having a reasonable SL will work and make money until it doesn't
and you get margin called. I learned that one from experience.

Great places to time entries are at logical locations for order stacks caused
by stoploss placement. If you prefer "confirmation" entries then pinbars,
rat trades are nice from the order stack area. Look for these on smaller
timframes only a few divisions from your pegged timeframe. ie. M30 or H1
for a pegged H3/H4 chart.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:25 am

Manta wrote:
lazygeorge wrote:Hi manta,

Thanks for sharing.

Could you go into a liitle more detail regarding
how you would interpret all those arrows..

I see on any given tf up momo blue arrow
with a down red cfc arrow on the same bar.

Not doubting its value,just like to better understand
how to use it and what to avoid..........

thanks..

Frankly I dont interpret those arrows in any way. At the beginning it was just quick indi I wrote for myself to quickly see some ideas for EA and whether it makes any sense for further development or not. But some people like it very much...hehehe especially people from Mexico ;-)

Very often I use it as entry trigger, but I dont care too much about entry. It just shows MOMO pattern and CFC pattern. I think MOMO is clear.

Crazy fat cat is 3 candles reversal pattern (sometimes). For long it is either two red candles followed by 1 green candle which closes above the first candle low or one red MOMO candle followed by a green candle which closes above the first candle low. For shorts vice versa.

Some very bad pics are here:
http://www.mantafx.com/pics/2010-6-15/cfc.gif
http://www.mantafx.com/pics/2010-6-15/cfc-m15-h1-mz.gif

Hey Manta,

This is great man! Really Great! Is there any chance that you could perhaps make it availiable on a multi time frame? Like I've seen with some of the semafor indi's roaming around, they will give you the number on a H1 chart above the number on the current time frame...

So then perhaps getting a big arrow confirmation every hour, 4 hours, etc...

Is it possible?

Also I was wondering about a mid point dot indicator for MOMO candles...

What you think?

Otherwise great work man! I appreciate all the amazing skill in this place... its just awesome to see the methods being developed here... Truly inspirational!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”