free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 pm

dragon33 wrote:
scheeco wrote:Took this one this morning:
This was my thought process:
Probability Checkboxes:
a) Price in H4 and H1 zones (defined by MOMO candles)
b) Sema confirmation in H4 / H1 zone on M15 chart
c) Close of first other colour M15 candle

All these were checked but noticed the huge SHORT MOMO in the overlay (circled in yellow) so I thought based on yesterday that I am waiting for the next H1 candle to close before making a decision.
The next BLUE H1 closed below the 50% level of the RED MOMO H1 candle so failed to close higher therefor I thought a SHORT would have been safe.(I think this part of my analysis as just crap!)
However I did take 9 pips ...entered short at 50% level of RED H1 MOMO candle @ 1.21949.

In retorspect I am thinking the following... while I did everything right at this point - the fault in my analysis was two fold:
1) Price failed to close lower ( below RED H1 MOMO candle) as MOMO was down - that would indicate that price may start reversing now. However the opposite would be true if MOMO was upwards and price failed to close higher, than a reversal may be possible.

2) A double bottom formed. I am a little unsure as to its significance and when tp pay attention to them and what they may imply. But looking at some charts it seems that they are a good indication of reversal coming our way.

Are these retrospective analysis on the right track?

Your analysis is good but you are missing some parts. Red momo down! So you only think shorting. The next candle closes on the 50% area. This indicates that price may continue if the blue candle holds and see what happens next!!! Price retraced but couldn't close below The openprice of the blue H1. Now you need to be fast and find some entry. rat enry of the blue H1 is nice to do.

Sometimes you get time sometimes you need to be very fast. If things are not clear stay out and observe. If you observe 10 times and 10 times happens the same then you know your analysis start to work

Im in this two trades what do you think about them dragon?

GU target 4h 50level

EJ target 1h 50level

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

scheeco

Postby scheeco » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:09 pm

dragon33 wrote:
Probability Checkboxes:

All these were checked but noticed the huge SHORT MOMO in the overlay (circled in yellow) so I thought based on yesterday that I am waiting for the next H1 candle to close before making a decision.
The next BLUE H1 closed below the 50% level of the RED MOMO H1 candle so failed to close higher therefor I thought a SHORT would have been safe.(I think this part of my analysis as just crap!)
However I did take 9 pips ...entered short at 50% level of RED H1 MOMO candle @ 1.21949.

In retorspect I am thinking the following... while I did everything right at this point - the fault in my analysis was two fold:
1) Price failed to close lower ( below RED H1 MOMO candle) as MOMO was down - that would indicate that price may start reversing now. However the opposite would be true if MOMO was upwards and price failed to close higher, than a reversal may be possible.

2) A double bottom formed. I am a little unsure as to its significance and when tp pay attention to them and what they may imply. But looking at some charts it seems that they are a good indication of reversal coming our way.

Your analysis is good but you are missing some parts. Red momo down! So you only think shorting. The next candle closes on the 50% area. This indicates that price may continue if the blue candle holds and see what happens next!!! Price retraced but couldn't close below The openprice of the blue H1. Now you need to be fast and find some entry. rat enry of the blue H1 is nice to do.

Sometimes you get time sometimes you need to be very fast. If things are not clear stay out and observe. If you observe 10 times and 10 times happens the same then you know your analysis start to work

Thanks so much Dragon, always helpful!
The RED H1 MOMO I circled was what made think to only go short.
When you say "next candle closes on the 50% area" - are you refering to the BLUE H1 CANDLE after the RED MOMO or the M15 blue candle?

If it is the BLUE H1 CANDLE - does it mean I have to wait for it to close and then to see what happens in the next H1 candle?
In this case the second blue H1 Candle had the retrace but failed to close below the previous BLUE H1 Candle - so now we are sure that price is moving up so enter.

I think my problem is that I am looking for hard and fast rules when that is practically impossible on the market.
There are only probabilities and no definitives.
I am trying to determine what are the things to look for once price moves into the H4/H1 zones and the probable action.
But I will get there.

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm

dragon, your opinion please, when you get a chance.

It seems that during asian and london sessions 50% of H1 momo seems to hold by itself. During NY session, probably better to wait until z line.

TIA

dragon33 wrote:
Probability Checkboxes:

Attachments
gu15.gif
gu15.gif (21.46 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:48 pm

rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
Probability Checkboxes:

GU target 4h 50level

EJ target 1h 50level

No need to answer, nice trading! Did you ride them till target?
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:58 pm

scheeco wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
Probability Checkboxes:

Thanks so much Dragon, always helpful!
The RED H1 MOMO I circled was what made think to only go short.
When you say "next candle closes on the 50% area" - are you refering to the BLUE H1 CANDLE after the RED MOMO or the M15 blue candle?

If it is the BLUE H1 CANDLE - does it mean I have to wait for it to close and then to see what happens in the next H1 candle?
In this case the second blue H1 Candle had the retrace but failed to close below the previous BLUE H1 Candle - so now we are sure that price is moving up so enter.

I think my problem is that I am looking for hard and fast rules when that is practically impossible on the market.
There are only probabilities and no definitives.
I am trying to determine what are the things to look for once price moves into the H4/H1 zones and the probable action.
But I will get there.

I always talk about the H1 candles if it is about 50% areas. entrys are just rats on M15.
The only rules you need to think about are!

Did we hit a H4 zone?
If yes wait for an H1 that retraces into previous H1 but fails to close lower or higher.
If no keep trading the other directions.

Once you have this in your fingers you can start searching how to trade the momocandles.

It is all about an H1 candle that retraces into a previous momentum or non momentum.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 pm

gfg1 wrote:dragon, your opinion please, when you get a chance.

It seems that during asian and london sessions 50% of H1 momo seems to hold by itself. During NY session, probably better to wait until z line.

TIA

dragon33 wrote:
Probability Checkboxes:

Any zeroline in the mightyzone is a valid zeroline.

You can handle it using limit orders or stoporders. But with ratentry you have an extra ege you are going right.

The main point is when price does not close lower as openprice then you need to continue the same direction.

LONG LIVE MOMO

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:05 pm

dragon33 wrote:
rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
Probability Checkboxes:

GU target 4h 50level

EJ target 1h 50level

No need to answer, nice trading! Did you ride them till target?

thanks dragon im still a little bit down for the week ,yesterday was not good for me. but it seems like im getting better after your posts

i closed GU at the target +70!(and i saw another entry but have not traded it)

i closed EJ +50 because i got scared by this much consecutive candles on the 15m (there was another long entry too, but i have not traded it)

thanks for your help

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 pm

My pleasure.

Remember if you can grab every day about 40-60 pips you will make money like hell in not time. It is better to wait for the right moment or make no trade instead of losing.

After a while you will see it is easy to make 10 wineers in a row

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 pm

dragon thank you for all of your help and patience.

dragon33 wrote:
gfg1 wrote:dragon, your opinion please, when you get a chance.

TIA

dragon33 wrote:
Probability Checkboxes:

Any zeroline in the mightyzone is a valid zeroline.

You can handle it using limit orders or stoporders. But with ratentry you have an extra ege you are going right.

The main point is when price does not close lower as openprice then you need to continue the same direction.

LONG LIVE MOMO
Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

newark18

Postby newark18 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 pm

dragon33 wrote:
I always talk about the H1 candles if it is about 50% areas. entrys are just rats on M15.
The only rules you need to think about are!

Did we hit a H4 zone?
If yes wait for an H1 that retraces into previous H1 but fails to close lower or higher.
If no keep trading the other directions.

Once you have this in your fingers you can start searching how to trade the momocandles.

It is all about an H1 candle that retraces into a previous momentum or non momentum.

Dragon, you probably went over this many times, but you explain what you mean? maybe with a chart? If you don't have time, I understand.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”