lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Braathen wrote:Hi everyone. I would like to share something that i have found
very usefull in my journey through forex.

MightyOne has taught me many things via this forum (maybe not exactly what he wanted but its working for me in a big way)

Although sucking all this info was a tough forum journey for me one of the most important aspects i found was changing my mindset from avg Joe to mister "I can do anything if i set my mind to it".

Im sure this is basic knowledge for some but i think there might be people out there that need to catch on to what they actually can acomplish with a little effort and mindset.

"Your mind is a tool.. it will do what u TELL it too." This goes for any aspect of life and this simple sentence has changed me completly.
Take it however u want but think about it. The day i told myself i wanted 100 pips a day my mind started working towards this goal.. i know trade the GJ and make just that.. often more.. on 1 pair!

Thanks to Tro and MO for helping me grow up :)

Does it help you to trade the linechart?
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Postby 88888 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:41 pm

tmanbone wrote:
88888 wrote:I made a small discovery (at least for me). You can have several custom candles on the same chart. I can have M5/H1/H4 in the same time! It might help me to start longer frame trades. I will post some examples in case somebody is interested. I will try this set up next week. I hope it won't be too confusing.

Is it possible to add a little height to your charts? They are hard for me to make out. Thank you,

Sorry. MT4 is on two screens at the same time. I will change that for the next charts.

Postby 88888 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 pm

dragon33 wrote:
88888 wrote:Another pic with 4 trades: 2 losers due to wrong entry and two winners on the GBPJPY.
It's my first time to post charts from JForex. I hope people can see them. I will post my MT4 set up later.

Load your jforex chart into www.tinypic.com and post the IMG link.

You are trading strange. First you sell, on the second candle you buy. Close the buy with a lose while you let the sell run. Try to make just 1 trade per hour!!!

The second trade you are way to late entering overthere. Draw your lines. If price doesn't close above your line then trade the opposite of previous candle.

It was my day trading live and I was very nervous. I was no too sure about how entering this trades and pressed the wrong buttons (one click trade on JForex). Since then I only enter with market offers. I get better prices and can think where I should enter in the MZ.

Postby 88888 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:53 pm

dragon33 wrote:
88888 wrote:Ok here is one trade I made this morning.[img]

Why are you trading short while you had enough opportunities to catch a lot more trading the right direction?

Nervosity :roll: and I saw we reached a support zone and prices would reverse. Furthermore, I trade before going to work and I had to leave soon after entering the trade. I can't always wait for the perfect opportunity. I have to take what I can during my trading hours which from 5 to 8 am and 7 to 9 pm UK time. But you are right, I would have had more opportunities going long. I wish I had more time to trade :D And I don't feel confortable to leave home without closing my trade. Anyway, I made 14 trades this week and 10 were profitable. My average profit per trade is 10.4 pips and my average loss is 11.5 pips. My goal is to keep the same winning percentage (71% is fine for me) but I want to have a profit to loss ratio of at least 2 to 1 (i.e.: an average profit per trade of at least 23 pips for an average loss of 11.5 pips).
Last edited by 88888 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby 88888 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Manta wrote:
88888 wrote:What is CFC? I probably missed this thread on kreslik!

CFC means Crazy Fat Cat, small variation of Fat Cat from Blind Mouse strategy.

Thanks. I will have a look!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:02 pm

88888 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Why are you trading short while you had enough opportunities to catch a lot more trading the right direction?

Nervosity :roll: and I saw we reached a support zone and prices would reverse. Furthermore, I trade before going to work and I had to leave soon after entering the trade. I can't always wait for the perfect opportunity. I have to take what I can during my trading hours which from 5 to 8 am and 7 to 9 pm UK time. But you are right, I would have had more opportunities going long. I wish I had more time to trade :D And I don't feel confortable to leave home without closing my trade. Anyway, I made 14 trades this week and 10 were profitable. My average profit per trade is 10.4 pips and my average loss is 11.5 pips. My goal is to keep the same winning percentage (71% is fine for me) but I want to have a profit to loss ratio of at least 2 to 1 (i.e.: an average profit per trade of at least 23 pips for an average loss of 11.5 pips).

Make your chart smaller so you can see a whole day at once!
How many times would you score leaving your trade on a yen cross run for 75 or 100 pip. Yen crosses moves almost everytime about 100 pips in one direction. If you enter properly you can win it day after day.

Postby 88888 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:29 pm

dragon33 wrote:
88888 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Make your chart smaller so you can see a whole day at once!
How many times would you score leaving your trade on a yen cross run for 75 or 100 pip. Yen crosses moves almost everytime about 100 pips in one direction. If you enter properly you can win it day after day.

Thanks for your advice. It's true that the average H4 on GBPJPY is 118 pips. I hope to make to make this kind of trades one day. Regarding the charts, I will make them bigger from now on with only one day at once. 8)

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:55 pm

dragon33 wrote:
rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
pablo101 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:GU

first was my mistake, pushed the wrong button

EJ missed the initial move but got some nice pips.

118 pips in total. Out for the day children time!

Good trading again dragon, you're the man!

I'm friggin jealous, it's no secret but I REALLY WANT TO BE YOU :P

I sit at the computer for 16 hours+ a day, waiting for those trades that give long runs .... but I rather finish the market dragon style in the shortest time as possible :)

I think I see how you are trading, something like fat cat SR or high not breaking higher (or low not breaking lower) but on a 15 min which gives confirmation of a reversal/continuation.

I've been looking at your recent trades, can I ask:

1. are you seeing setups from the 15 min?
2. are you using the 5 min to take trades?
3. If so, are you waiting for the 5 or 15min candle to close or do you enter when you see a bounce?
4. Do you use market, limit or stop orders?
5. Do you use a fixed stop, if so you stick it at the swing point?

1. H4, H1, M15 more about the M15 coming soon
2. M5 or even M1
3. First momo need to close then i need to see what i want and it happen mostly on a closed candle
4. sometimes limit orders but mostly stop orders
5. there was a while i hedged and not using stops. Now i use a fixed stop of 25 on gu and 35 on ej

Hi Dragon can you explain what MM you are use for your trades?

This is told many times on the forum. I risk between 2 and 4% calculated on a max stop of 50 pips (used to be 20)
Just calculate your max loss an devide it by the amount of pips SL you will use.

does this mean for example GU ? :

1. you have Max daily risk of 50pips/day(2%from account) and use a 25pip fixed SL per trade(1%).

2. or you just use a 25pip fixed SL per trade = 2% from account.

thanks
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:03 pm

rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
pablo101 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:GU

first was my mistake, pushed the wrong button

EJ missed the initial move but got some nice pips.

118 pips in total. Out for the day children time!

Good trading again dragon, you're the man!

I'm friggin jealous, it's no secret but I REALLY WANT TO BE YOU :P

I sit at the computer for 16 hours+ a day, waiting for those trades that give long runs .... but I rather finish the market dragon style in the shortest time as possible :)

I think I see how you are trading, something like fat cat SR or high not breaking higher (or low not breaking lower) but on a 15 min which gives confirmation of a reversal/continuation.

I've been looking at your recent trades, can I ask:

1. are you seeing setups from the 15 min?
2. are you using the 5 min to take trades?
3. If so, are you waiting for the 5 or 15min candle to close or do you enter when you see a bounce?
4. Do you use market, limit or stop orders?
5. Do you use a fixed stop, if so you stick it at the swing point?

1. H4, H1, M15 more about the M15 coming soon
2. M5 or even M1
3. First momo need to close then i need to see what i want and it happen mostly on a closed candle
4. sometimes limit orders but mostly stop orders
5. there was a while i hedged and not using stops. Now i use a fixed stop of 25 on gu and 35 on ej

Hi Dragon can you explain what MM you are use for your trades?

This is told many times on the forum. I risk between 2 and 4% calculated on a max stop of 50 pips (used to be 20)
Just calculate your max loss an devide it by the amount of pips SL you will use.

does this mean for example GU ? :

1. you have Max daily risk of 50pips/day(2%from account) and use a 25pip fixed SL per trade(1%).

2. or you just use a 25pip fixed SL per trade = 2% from account.

thanks

Account $10000
2% risk = $200
SL 50 (you choose) = $200/50 = $4 = lotsize

Try to add as many times as possible (about 2 times after entry)
You start buying in the retrace after the first momo

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Does it help you to trade the linechart? -Dragon

The Custom Candles are what im looking at.
I remove the candles and stick on line chart sometimes
because it makes the CC's easier to see and when posting i was hoping it would illestrate the fact that they where the analysis :) :)
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Return to “TheRumpledOne”