lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Fri May 28, 2010 3:14 pm

scheeco wrote:
adaseb wrote:
scheeco wrote:ok..so far so good as this will be the second day in row I seem to have the correct strategy and entry et al.

My process below:
H4 analysis:
2 sema formed in the 0-50% area of the H4 MOMO candle
This indicated that a reversal MAY be in the pipeline.

M15 Entry:

M15 Exit:
During this trade, right after the entry, price turned on me like and it nearly stopped me out, and it felt like I was slowly sinking through my arse but fortunately I was not stopped out!
Waited for my target!

I think I got this one - the logic and strategy correct this time.
Not so concerned with making the target (it does feel good though) but the real joy is in seemingly having read the chart correctly.

Comments and help appreciated!
Dragon, dank u,jou hulp is waardeer!

This is how I would have traded this setup.

I wouldn't short there because too much bullish H1 momo.

It makes more sense to go long here because there is a good chance it might reach the top bearish H4 MZ.

I would short there down only if there was bearish momo on H1

Thanks adaseb,
I was actually looking at that long this morning but was to late to enter it.. but I had my eye on it.However when I got to my pc two green candles had already formed after the 2nd red candle (red candle after the 3 sema red candle ) so I thought it would be to late to enter that one.

Ok clearly I am still not understaning something as I thought I was following Dragons method to the letter with this trade.
I saw the huge H1 MOMO/BO candle you mention but then I thought since the 3 sema formed in the H4 zone on M15, and another colour candle formed after the confirmation candle as per Dragon's method - I was entering quite safely.(Red candle after 3 sema green candle.)

I also thought that since the red candle , after the 3 sema green candle on the M15 chart, closed lower then the 50% mark of the green candle, it would be fairly safe to enter.

I need to brush up on my analysis even more then!
Thank you for the insightful comments!Much appreciated!

Maybe it was a valid short then, i dont know.

I dont know exactly how dragon33 trades.

Maybe he can comment.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri May 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Manta wrote:"six pack" ZL trading

Very nice trading manta,

You got BALLS!!

I will dream about that pic tonight.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
JESGPY wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
JESGPY wrote:I have a question some may consider stupid. Maybe it was already asked i searched around and did find the answere so i'll ask again.

I have 2 brokers and their 4h candles open with one hour delay one from the other. Should just focus on one broker's chart, or can I trade from one brokers chart when i have a trade in his 4h chart, and sometimes on the other when I find in his charts a trade and not on the other one.
I know price charts and time frames are a concept and a way of dividing a continuous move in price, but I just feel curios about this.

One of the brokers 4h charts open and close as alpari and the other one 1 hour later.

I would like to hear thoughs and opinions about this.
I know its not crucial for trading but I would like to hear opinions.

Thanks

JUAN

I never use standard open times or pay attn to sessions.

MO.
Why dont you dont use standard open times?

JUAN

Juan,
Think about it.

With CC you have infinite time frames to view.
I feel his statement (paraphrased) "All that matters is momentum and volatility."
You do not need a "universal" start time for this to happen or even a "block" of time.

Price makes new levels.
Price reverses from new levels.

And it does NOT care about what BAR we are looking at or what time of day we want to START looking.

Cheers.

"And it does NOT care about what BAR we are looking at or what time of day we want to START looking."

I have noticed that BARS closing a certain way create momentum. Such
as rat trades for example. There may be something going on with the
underlying price, but I have not been able to pin point it yet.

Range
Correction
Run into a lot of orders => reversal
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:42 pm

scheeco wrote:ok..so far so good as this will be the second day in row I seem to have the correct strategy and entry et al.

My process below:
H4 analysis:

M15 Entry:

M15 Exit:
During this trade, right after the entry, price turned on me like and it nearly stopped me out, and it felt like I was slowly sinking through my arse but fortunately I was not stopped out!
Waited for my target!

Not so concerned with making the target (it does feel good though) but the real joy is in seemingly having read the chart correctly.

Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri May 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Manta, not sure if I understand correctly your entries, bur from what I understand, you entry right at the lines, what put you in a severe draw down, at aprox -40 for the first 2 and -20 for the 3rd.

Did I get your entries correctly? How do you handle such DD or what is your SL on each case?

Manta wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:

Very nice trading manta,

You got BALLS!!

Hahaha, thanks.
Don't dream about, just do it and enjoy. All you need are two magic momos.

And imagine this is only one pair (I trade 4) and 1 day (I trade 5) :twisted:

EDIT: not magic momos, but mighty momos 8)
WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Fri May 28, 2010 9:04 pm

dragon33 wrote:

My process below:
H4 analysis:

M15 Entry:

M15 Exit:
Waited for my target!

That chart is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

bacoazul

Postby bacoazul » Fri May 28, 2010 9:20 pm

End of eu trade

These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri May 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Right, but what is your criteria to close a loosing position then? Really curious why you let so much DD? I imagine your emergency stop would be around 50 pips away. If so, your risk % is based on this emergency stop range?

Manta wrote:
cfabian wrote:Manta, not sure if I understand correctly your entries, bur from what I understand, you entry right at the lines, what put you in a severe draw down, at aprox -40 for the first 2 and -20 for the 3rd.

Did I get your entries correctly? How do you handle such DD or what is your SL on each case?

Manta wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:

Very nice trading manta,

You got BALLS!!

Hahaha, thanks.

Good question, I was curious whether someone ask this question.
I use only limit orders. Very rarely stop or market orders. Yes, I enter on those lines. I strongly believe, that trading is not only about entries, the main things from my point of view are money management (risk, position sizing etc.) and exits. I almost don't use SL, but I always set up emergency SL with every trade to avoid unexpected events. I have maximum weekly loss per pair (around 300 pips) and risk around 1.5% per trade (believe it or not even with this small risk is really not problem to make +30% weekly). As soon as I get first breakout in my direction I usually move SL closer, usually above/below the last swing. But what is really powerful is using accumulated profit during a week to increase position size agresively. I don't want to use and risk my money, but money I make during first two, three days of week. That's why I like so much friday trading :D

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Fri May 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Manta wrote:
cfabian wrote:Manta, not sure if I understand correctly your entries, bur from what I understand, you entry right at the lines, what put you in a severe draw down, at aprox -40 for the first 2 and -20 for the 3rd.

Manta wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:

Very nice trading manta,

You got BALLS!!

Hahaha, thanks.

I use only limit orders. Very rarely stop or market orders. Yes, I enter on those lines. I strongly believe, that trading is not only about entries, the main things from my point of view are money management (risk, position sizing etc.) and exits. I almost don't use SL, but I always set up emergency SL with every trade to avoid unexpected events. I have maximum weekly loss per pair (around 300 pips) and risk around 1.5% per trade (believe it or not even with this small risk is really not problem to make +30% weekly). As soon as I get first breakout in my direction I usually move SL closer, usually above/below the last swing. But what is really powerful is using accumulated profit during a week to increase position size agresively. I don't want to use and risk my money, but money I make during first two, three days of week. That's why I like so much friday trading :D

I wish you luck in the way you trade. But you gotta remember that if you keep trading without a stop, one day you will get a margin call and your entire account will be blown.

I am not trying to put you down. But if you keep trading like this eventually all your profits will be whipped away in one trade.

What I don't understand is how 300 pips represents 1.5% of your account and your pulling 30% weekly returns.

Once again don't take this as an insult in the way you trade. But many people had good success in trading forex because they never used stops and then there will always be that one trade that will take it all away.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri May 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Just as Dragon's acquaintance with his "unbeatable" system for some years, that ended up loosing all when that big plummet when Greece beginning May... 1000 pips in 1 day.

adaseb wrote:
Manta wrote:

Manta wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:

Very nice trading manta,

You got BALLS!!

Hahaha, thanks.

I wish you luck in the way you trade. But you gotta remember that if you keep trading without a stop, one day you will get a margin call and your entire account will be blown.

I am not trying to put you down. But if you keep trading like this eventually all your profits will be whipped away in one trade.

What I don't understand is how 300 pips represents 1.5% of your account and your pulling 30% weekly returns.

Once again don't take this as an insult in the way you trade. But many people had good success in trading forex because they never used stops and then there will always be that one trade that will take it all away.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”