lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:35 pm

To all yous guys draining banks the zline way:

If when you go down to your lower time frames to get your entry, you find that it is a period of consolidation, do you get in and hold your trade and see which way the price ultimately moves, or do you prefer to get out of your entry quick if nothing is happening.

(I'm just observing that between 4P-6PEST/ 2000-2200GMT, I don't see too much movement happening those times, so how do you handle it if price is in your zline those times.

thanks,

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

franck

Postby franck » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:14 am

aliassmith wrote:
franck wrote:Let me input certain reverse engineer on DOP, although my input may not be the intended message in the 1st place. it's magical anyway ;)

1) What is/are the purpose/s of DOP? The answer arose from the need i see. It is one of the many tools around.

a) To identify a wick entry.
b) To find a point of a time-frame bar when one should look to change color ie red or green rat. Every bar must have a point.
c) To exit at a wick extreme before the wick of the next bar, if i know/FEEL the correction maybe large.

2) How do i use it? Wait for the price to go there and watch. Sometimes, it is good just to take the risk at that point. There is no need to think/analyse when the risk can be lessened to only 5-10 pips depending on the pair.

it puzzles me when one is willing to pay 30-60 pips but not 5-10 pips to find out if they are right or not. 6 x 5 pips = 30 pips shows me i have got 6 times to get it correct! They must be thinking that 30-60 pips makes one MORE correct than using a 5-10 pips stop.

Between this post and the one you did in MO's MBT thread it appears to
cover Price Action in it's lovely glory. Trading is fairly simple once you see
what to look for. The hardest part is to get the mind and fingers to work
together. :lol:

i just see this. The part of getting the mind and fingers to work. i hv some suggestions for anyone as reference. I am sure there are other ways.

The aim is getting IN-SYNC with market. How long does it take one to be in-sync? How long does it last? Since 2/3 of time market is resting, there will times of uncertainty.

This is a factor of 2 things
a) Human - Everyone is specially different. I called it Personality Gene.
b) System - Indescribable. Google it.

Combine a) & b), i can get millions of combination, hence result. Do a neural network or genetic algorithm test on God's creation? I think one just need to SEE and cross the road. There is no right or wrong anyway, as long as your accounts come out green bars. They invented the mathematical expectation for measurement, without telling HOW.

Hence? There are only 2 ways to get in-sync with market.
a) Change/learn oneself AND/OR
b) Change/modify the system, and we know there is no lack of innovation with the simple blocks of SEE.

Where does a systematic discretionary trader belong to?
Where does a network of computers (it has personality) belong to?
Where does a purely mechanical system trader belong to?

The key word is AND/OR.

How? The way i see it. Like TRO puts it this is a factor of reward : risk ratio. He started out without putting in the numbers and there is a reason since every market or every individual has different profile.

I will put it a rule in my system to address my weakness. My biggest weakness is holding to losses.

Example : My weaknesses and my system.

1) Fear of missing a trade. Now every hour is an entry for me. This prevent me from getting into the opposite wick.

2) Greed for big pips. I look at H1 range and be realistic, but sometimes i got lucky with lottery, and it is almost everyday! Furthermore, when i do a comparison D1 bar has X pips and divided it by 24 hours (or less minus the Asian time session) = Y pips/hour. I look at average range H1 = Z pips/hour. The interesting part is Z > Y!! What does it mean? :) There is potential of making > than D1 range, minus the headache of holding through correction.

To accommodate more greed, being HUMAN, i look at H4, or D1 and even W1 or MN1. How many pips do u need a day? Do the maths.

3) Holding on to losses. The biggest lesson i learned is how vicious merciless a market can do to you. It took me months to get "natural" with MO's m5 exit. Options is a good solution esp when i get greedy on MN1 bar.

4) Fear of profit elimination. Since almost every bar is my entry, i look to exit at extreme when i FEEL i won't be able to take a large correction (its a factor of time and MOMO/non-MOMO and counting the bars) and prepare to re-enter. It is puzzling how i look for precision or perfection using DOP/time sales but i hv a messy room.

5) Unable to monitor the screen. Choose a different time frame bar. Sometime, there are too many choices.

6) Others - LOT sizes adjust. MO has wrote lengthy about it.

Is this the only way? Certainly NOT! See beyond what has been shared generously in Kreslik by MO/TRO and understand it. I am just pointing out how i look at it and there are nothing new.
Last edited by franck on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
* anyOne can be prOfitable tradING ANY line. see it?

bacoazul

Postby bacoazul » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:56 am

es/pip can i ask you something?

Those are the areas were i see some relevance
to look for a trade, you see more/less areas
to be aware?

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:08 am

TygerKrane wrote:To all yous guys draining banks the zline way:

If when you go down to your lower time frames to get your entry, you find that it is a period of consolidation, do you get in and hold your trade and see which way the price ultimately moves, or do you prefer to get out of your entry quick if nothing is happening.

(I'm just observing that between 4P-6PEST/ 2000-2200GMT, I don't see too much movement happening those times, so how do you handle it if price is in your zline those times.

thanks,

Yeah after the NY close, there is very very little movement. Dangerous time to trade, you can get easily stopped out.

Just stick to a couple hours before London Open and stop trading after the NY lunch.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:04 am

I was not aiming for big pips so don't stair you blind. Above is a dukascopychart where my trades are marked. Those trades are good for 122.5 pips for the last two days.
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:08 am

franck wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
franck wrote:Let me input certain reverse engineer on DOP, although my input may not be the intended message in the 1st place. it's magical anyway ;)

1) What is/are the purpose/s of DOP? The answer arose from the need i see. It is one of the many tools around.

b) To find a point of a time-frame bar when one should look to change color ie red or green rat. Every bar must have a point.
c) To exit at a wick extreme before the wick of the next bar, if i know/FEEL the correction maybe large.

2) How do i use it? Wait for the price to go there and watch. Sometimes, it is good just to take the risk at that point. There is no need to think/analyse when the risk can be lessened to only 5-10 pips depending on the pair.

it puzzles me when one is willing to pay 30-60 pips but not 5-10 pips to find out if they are right or not. 6 x 5 pips = 30 pips shows me i have got 6 times to get it correct! They must be thinking that 30-60 pips makes one MORE correct than using a 5-10 pips stop.

i just see this. The part of getting the mind and fingers to work. i hv some suggestions for anyone as reference. I am sure there are other ways.

The aim is getting IN-SYNC with market. How long does it take one to be in-sync? How long does it last? Since 2/3 of time market is resting, there will times of uncertainty.

Combine a) & b), i can get millions of combination, hence result. Do a neural network or genetic algorithm test on God's creation? I think one just need to SEE and cross the road. There is no right or wrong anyway, as long as your accounts come out green bars. They invented the mathematical expectation for measurement, without telling HOW.

b) Change/modify the system, and we know there is no lack of innovation with the simple blocks of SEE.

The key word is AND/OR.

How? The way i see it. Like TRO puts it this is a factor of reward : risk ratio. He started out without putting in the numbers and there is a reason since every market or every individual has different profile.

1)
2)
3)

1) Fear of missing a trade. Now every hour is an entry for me. No stress.

2) Greed for big pips. I look at H1 range and be realistic, but sometimes i got lucky with lottery, and it is almost everyday! Furthermore, when i do a comparison D1 bar has X pips and divided it by 24 hours (or less minus the Asian time session) = Y pips/hour. I look at average range H1 = Z pips/hour. The interesting part is Z > Y!! What does it mean? :) There is potential of making > than D1 range, minus the headache of holding through correction.

To accommodate more greed, being HUMAN, i look at H4, or D1 and even W1 or MN1. MO is greedy looking at YN1 bar. I am learning.

3) Holding on to losses. The biggest lesson i learned is how vicious merciless a market can do to you. It took me months to get "natural" with MO's m5 exit. Options is a good solution esp when i get greedy on MN1 bar.

4) Fear of profit elimination. Since almost every bar is my entry, i look to exit at extreme when i FEEL i won't be able to take a large correction (its a factor of time and MOMO/non-MOMO and counting the bars) and prepare to re-enter.

5) Unable to monitor the screen. Choose a different time frame bar. Sometime, there are too many choices. However, I am most happy even with one. I trade GU.

6) Others *in writing* They are important too.

Is this the only way? Certainly NOT! See beyond what has been shared generously in Kreslik by MO/TRO and understand it. I am just pointing out how i look at it and there are nothing new.

I am still typing it. I am not good in my words and i hv to read a few times to get it correct to prevent confusion on confusions. Trading correctly has made my life boring. I don't read much anymore. I have stopped doing liposuctions. I have stopped doing a lot of things. I have not seen a psychologist yet. No stress :)

NB with all the Qs thrown about zline, does one think - what it is and what does it do first? *think*

I like the simple yet powerful explanations of how you see the market.
thx
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks for the chart, dragon. Very nice and insightful with those markings. :-) You don't use limit orders, do you?

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:51 am

Hey all.

MO..Ive been combining candles now for a while.. 2,3,4 mostly..
ive ended up using it in basicly everything i do..

On larger TF's i use it for direction.. momo speeding up and slowing down. On smaller TF's i use it to spot fails and extra confirmation
my trade is going well. To spot smaller retraces.

I tend to box momo alot in 3-4 candles on variable TF's to see how price is acting on the retrace. Alot of ways really.

So anyway i was reading through NLA trying to find stuff on
DoP ( 8) ) and i saw this
"After you can do this then I can take your Spacial Intelligence up even one more notch"

Is there anything u would be so kinda as to share with me further on this subject before u take your well desearved time off from trading (and sharing with us). Feel free to confuse me if that would hold u back :D
Thanks for all your time.. Braathen
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Brookmyre

Postby Brookmyre » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Braathen wrote: On smaller TF's i use it to spot fails and extra confirmation

Hi Braathen....I was wondering if you could post a couple of charts that explain what you mean by this.....thanks
I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook

franck

Postby franck » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:24 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
franck wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

The key word is AND/OR.

1)
2)
3)

1) Fear of missing a trade. Now every hour is an entry for me. No stress.

To accommodate more greed, being HUMAN, i look at H4, or D1 and even W1 or MN1. MO is greedy looking at YN1 bar. I am learning.

4) Fear of profit elimination. Since almost every bar is my entry, i look to exit at extreme when i FEEL i won't be able to take a large correction (its a factor of time and MOMO/non-MOMO and counting the bars) and prepare to re-enter.

5) Unable to monitor the screen. Choose a different time frame bar. Sometime, there are too many choices. However, I am most happy even with one. I trade GU.

6) Others *in writing* They are important too.

I am still typing it. I am not good in my words and i hv to read a few times to get it correct to prevent confusion on confusions. Trading correctly has made my life boring. I don't read much anymore. I have stopped doing liposuctions. I have stopped doing a lot of things. I have not seen a psychologist yet. No stress :)

NB with all the Qs thrown about zline, does one think - what it is and what does it do first? *think*

I like the simple yet powerful explanations of how you see the market.
thx

All thanks to MO/TRO. I think it is in everyone's WISH list that MO continues to write.

From a diary of an ordinary man.
* anyOne can be prOfitable tradING ANY line. see it?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”