free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:08 pm

STOP TRAIN STOP!

I SAID STOP!

===SPLAT!==[llllllllllll]=============

Jesus, what happened :cry:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 pm

cfabian wrote:Well, it's been a terrible week for me. This is my only trade from today, and it was loser. Was following the up momo from 2 days ago, price reacted at my marked area where I looked for a retracement and followed with my long entry at the breakout of a candle. I could only see +5 in that trade. Didn't move my SL for obvious reasons.

My encouragement for trading has been diminished for obvious reasons. Sick and tired about my results. Don't know what else to do. Probably this thing is definitely not for me... who knowns!!!

cfabian, what does MO (and Dragon, and many others) say about higher TF's? zoom OUT to H4/D1, and look for pin-point entries on H1/M15.

We shouldnt be fooled on all TF's ;)

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:27 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Fxtraveller wrote:hope the price goes up, then I have an idea of what to do... =]

With wicks in both directions and EQ, I would wait for momo one way or the other before considering a position on the daily EJ.

Oh YES, definitely, no more 'maybe' and 'iffy' trades. waiting patiently like a sniper ;)

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:28 pm

es/pip wrote:
cfabian wrote:Well, it's been a terrible week for me. This is my only trade from today, and it was loser. Was following the up momo from 2 days ago, price reacted at my marked area where I looked for a retracement and followed with my long entry at the breakout of a candle. I could only see +5 in that trade. Didn't move my SL for obvious reasons.

My encouragement for trading has been diminished for obvious reasons. Sick and tired about my results. Don't know what else to do. Probably this thing is definitely not for me... who knowns!!!

i was not looking at the same thing that you were looking at and for slightly different reasons i was trading that area as well

that was a little tricky and i got caught for -6 and -10, and then finally caught some on the way up and then short back down

tricky area----

it found some support at the yellow line then the previous support became resistance--red lines--- right where you bought into it.

trading is not for everyone, but i say dont give up.

in order to make it you have to keep on pushing through the hard times. The desire to make it has to be in your blood---- you have to want it no matter what.

it took me many years to get to where i am at

'in order to make it you have to keep on pushing through the hard times. The desire to make it has to be in your blood---- you have to want it no matter what.'

I got blood like that, Im sure, no matter what!

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 pm

es/pip wrote:

i was not looking at the same thing that you were looking at and for slightly different reasons i was trading that area as well

that was a little tricky and i got caught for -6 and -10, and then finally caught some on the way up and then short back down

tricky area----

it found some support at the yellow line then the previous support became resistance--red lines--- right where you bought into it.

in order to make it you have to keep on pushing through the hard times. The desire to make it has to be in your blood---- you have to want it no matter what.

'in order to make it you have to keep on pushing through the hard times. The desire to make it has to be in your blood---- you have to want it no matter what.'

I got the same 'blood type', Im sure, no matter what!

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Fxtraveller

" no matter what! "
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:29 pm

MightyOne wrote:STOP TRAIN STOP!

I SAID STOP!

Hi MO, its amazing what you have shown here on the board but could you show the people where you place your entrys and stops.
I'm curious myself.
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 am

dragon33 wrote:

I SAID STOP!

Hi MO, its amazing what you have shown here on the board but could you show the people where you place your entrys and stops.
I'm curious myself.

See now that is tricky Dragon33 as I do not trade anything even close to the way any of you trade.

My leverage is 8 to 1.

My mental SL is a percentage of the weekly range; if I were to lose then this number would start shrinking.

I enter off of high time frame extremes, on low charts, the moment I believe that price will make a move in the anticipated direction.

I hold until it is painfully obvious that price is going to reverse at which point I hedge.

Once I have a cushion of profit my entries get extremely loose in that I unhedge with a less precise entry and wait for price to return to the lowest/highest price.

Now, knowing that you are talking to a long term trader, it should be obvious that most of the time I am in hedge + unhedge mode using massive profit as a cushion...

...this ends when I start trading in the opposite direction.

In answer to your question, no I will not show you my entries or approx. stops :wink:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:18 am

dragon33 wrote:

I SAID STOP!

I'm curious myself.

That chart was in response to cfabian and es/pips entry.

I did not take that trade.

cfabian

Postby cfabian » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks espip,
The desire and efforts are there. All things around trading are in fit with my personality. I've spent much more hours on this than my actual Masters degree. I do want this and will continue working on it. But definitely when you don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, puts you in a really tough position.

So by now I still have to postpone that golf with you in the Bahamas :)

Question: When you enter a position you do so so during the retrace, or wait for a breakout of a candle to confirm direction?

es/pip wrote:

tricky area----

WILL GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THOSE BASTARDS, AND I MEAN IT !!!!!
"WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE, WAIT FOR PRICE"

Return to “TheRumpledOne”