lukx zline trading log + cfabian p.35 + adaseb p.48

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:36 pm

short close 6330.

IN-XS, GJ is a monster with monster spreads! Shame you didn't hold your short but no loss and in positive :)

No sooner than you said close of the H1 and retrace on 15 min, see what happened :shock:

WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:42 pm

pablo101 wrote:Ahh yes, I've a question. looking at the overlays, it seems to me that some nice moves always comes at the end of the hour. Am I right to think that H1 traders are doing this?

I have observed increased activity at
:04
:09
:14
:19
:24
:29
:34
:39
:44
:49
:54
:59

At these minute marks of the hour. Probably people waiting for bars to
close for their timeframe.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

IN-XS

Postby IN-XS » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Yeah I know, still learning to try and hold my trades, slowly getting better, but I still have to force myself. More experience required I think. It has been very quiet on here, except for you and I Pablo, where is everyone?

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:26 pm

dragon33 wrote:
IN-XS wrote:Dragon, when you say, trade in one direction. How do you mean, is this with the direction of the 4H sema or 15M? Is it only from 3 to 3 sema or do the 1 & 2's count aswell? Sorry if this is a stupid qusetion I would just like to clarify. Thanks in advance!

Just any H4 sema number will do it.

Hello Dragon i have some questions that really bother me.

you wrote you trade in the direction of the 4H semafor.

must the 4h candle with the semafor be closed befor you start to trade away from it?

or do you trade away from it without a closed 4H candle when a 4H ZL and a 4H Semafor match?

you wrote my entrys are almost with the same color as H1.

does this mean you entry is most of the time at the beginning of a new opend 1H candle, and with the color of the new opend 1h candle?

or do you mean the entry is with the color of a 1H Stoppoint?

I know you dont have to help us, and im really thankful for what you have showed us.

hope you had a good trading day till now.

Jochen
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

newschool

Postby newschool » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:35 pm

pablo,

the "official" spread for GJ is 8 pips, but here I get 4.5 pips once the market is running good. I don't know about you.

Sledge

Postby Sledge » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:58 pm

rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:
IN-XS wrote:Dragon, when you say, trade in one direction. How do you mean, is this with the direction of the 4H sema or 15M? Is it only from 3 to 3 sema or do the 1 & 2's count aswell? Sorry if this is a stupid qusetion I would just like to clarify. Thanks in advance!

must the 4h candle with the semafor be closed befor you start to trade away from it?

or do you trade away from it without a closed 4H candle when a 4H ZL and a 4H Semafor match?

does this mean you entry is most of the time at the beginning of a new opend 1H candle, and with the color of the new opend 1h candle?

I know you dont have to help us, and im really thankful for what you have showed us.

Jochen

Great questions Jochen,

I tried zlines about a year ago and told my self I'd come back to them at the end of the year... so hear I am. I very happy to see dragon, es and a few others have really grasped and can see the concept and are willing to share and help others.

My two biggest hurdles are exactly what Jochen is asking. When a zone forms on the 4H in order for a signal to occur you must have PA coming in to the zone (eg, Green candle into red zone and visa versa). At this point...the way I see it, you either need to bust out your crystal ball and anticipate the next move or hope that PA goes in the direction of the zone then wait for the re-tracement to that zone occurs. If the re-tracment never happens you missed the move. It's always easy to see it in hind site. So to always take the direction of the 1H you would have to wait for a re-tracment which means it will be later in you 15M overlay.

The semafor I've never liked heh.. but I think the way Dragon has incorporated it makes a lot of sense . So I will continue to be confused but yet, remain determined to see it some day.

Ted

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 pm

rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Jochen

Yes i would like to see the H4 close before moving. But when there is an opportunity you have to take it or leave it.
Here on the picture you can see the last number one is telling you to trade up.

But on the M15 you can see that the trade is available while the H4 isn't closed yet. This is observations. When you switch the H4 to the daily you can see that the number one is right at the 50% area of previous daily candle. So yes that's opportunity for me.

Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Was this trade taken because it was in an old MZ or that the (1) appeared?

The MZ looks like all the held long profits were already wicked out so I don't know if its still valid.

I am talking about the MZ created on Jan 18th , not the most recent one.

dragon33 wrote:
rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Jochen

Yes i would like to see the H4 close before moving. But when there is an opportunity you have to take it or leave it.
Here on the picture you can see the last number one is telling you to trade up.

But on the M15 you can see that the trade is available while the H4 isn't closed yet. This is observations. When you switch the H4 to the daily you can see that the number one is right at the 50% area of previous daily candle. So yes that's opportunity for me.

Fxtraveller

Postby Fxtraveller » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm

I start to believe that the conversation is starting to focus on sema's, which is yet another indicator that may be useless if zlines are not properly traded. Dragon may use them as a 'cherry on top' of all he already can, but maybe we should stick to the basics for a while , the actual Zline and why it the moves happen when they happen. otherwise our concetration will divert to purely semas.

just my two pips.

rushN4

Postby rushN4 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:06 pm

dragon33 wrote:
rushN4 wrote:
dragon33 wrote:

Ok thanks dragon for the sema answer,
i think i understand what you mean.

i think the following question answers my 1H question from my previous post.

Is this the correct entry candle and exit i marked on your Pic?..

it was with the 1H candle color at the beginnig of a new 1h Candle.

thanks for help
No matter where life takes you, you will always check the market and always want to continue being a part of it. It's like that first true love, it will always be there no matter what the distance, no matter whether they are alive or dead.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”