Libertarians take on trading

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Libertarian

Re: Libertarians take on trading

Postby Libertarian » Thu May 19, 2016 1:42 am

EJ 4 hr.png
EJ 4 hr.png (10.56 KiB) Viewed 3097 times

This line was what my analysis was based off of. I thought we were just zeroing the people who bought off the first bounce of that line.

v8power wrote:
Libertarian wrote:EJ 4 hr.png
Thought it was going to stay above my line, its closed below and I got out with a loss.

I had a buy winner, sell loser and other buy winner. I have seen the daily bars like a 1000 times before but cant recall what direction it ends up moving.

Weekly would still technical be down but we could also being support and it may take off up. Or it might tell be to shove off close lower and continue to drop. Gotta wai for some setup in one direction.

What was ur analysis based off of ?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Thu May 19, 2016 1:56 am

BTW, thanks for commenting v8 power!

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Thu May 19, 2016 2:00 am

v8power wrote:
Thought it was going to stay above my line, its closed below and I got out with a loss.

I had a buy winner, sell loser and other buy winner. I have seen the daily bars like a 1000 times before but cant recall what direction it ends up moving.

Weekly would still technical be down but we could also being support and it may take off up. Or it might tell be to shove off close lower and continue to drop. Gotta wai for some setup in one direction.

Also, can you expand on WTF you mean? :lol:

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu May 19, 2016 2:14 am

Libertarian wrote:
v8power wrote:

Also, can you expand on WTF you mean? :lol:

Haba. I hate typing so i skip details. I had a buy on sunday for like 60. Then sold for 15 loss. But then had another long winner.

The way the 3 daily bars are formed right now, i feel lkke i see them all the time, but dont know what price will do.

I have a weekly cbart post on think in pro thread. U have a strong bearish bar down in to support. Strong bull bar up and another one back dow. Its just looming to break out. If it closes lower then keep shortimg. But it could be the beginning of a reversal

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Wed May 25, 2016 12:22 am

GJ trade, unfortunately a loser. I was expecting a return to the lows, no a great decision because I was in no mans land and the line I was looking at was probably not where it should have been in hindsight. I thought I had a BDP over what I thought was an important line, tried to end on the wick. I did actually take a few pips on the way down, but when it returned to what I thought was take me out I was wrong and it closed back over.

gj.png
gj.png (13.35 KiB) Viewed 3000 times

This was the big idea

gj4hr.png
gj4hr.png (13.99 KiB) Viewed 3000 times

This was a closer look at the smaller chart and the execution, got that body and once it closed above it I was out. I tried to hold out for just a bit more on the 15 min, but lets be honest, thats never a good idea.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Wed May 25, 2016 12:32 am

UC Loser, I tried to get short thinking there was some held profit up there. Price just kept grinding higher. I wanted to keep my loss small because I know how important that is so I pulled it. Disregard the green line, this is a second attempt to get short that I'm currently in. The red lines are my entry and exits.

UC.png
UC.png (11.38 KiB) Viewed 2998 times

This was my big idea

UC4hr.png
UC4hr.png (13.02 KiB) Viewed 2998 times

Here was the execution.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Wed May 25, 2016 12:47 am

EN, another loser. Really felt good about this one going in. Thought my analysis was spot on. After reading a bit through the site and the words of v8 power and others, I thought I should go back to the BDP for entry and waiting for PA to enter vs just the place on the chart I think is right. I'm mixed about this, because it means my losses will be bigger, but I need to try something different.

EN.png
EN.png (14.09 KiB) Viewed 2998 times

The big idea, Daily candle had closed higher after running the stops below the previous correction off a previous support area.

EN4hr.png
EN4hr.png (15.93 KiB) Viewed 2998 times

The execution. I thought I had a high TF BPD and price was nice enough to come back to the MZ, I almost shorted it higher because I thought it was a good sign that price had closed over my yellow line mini resistance area before it started its retrace. But so again, I took a bigger loss than I ever would have if I didn't wait for BDP and just entered with space. But one trade doesn't matter in the grand scheme so I'm going to stick with this a while and test it out.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Fri May 27, 2016 12:24 am

UC.png
UC.png (11.2 KiB) Viewed 2953 times

Finally got a hold of a 100+ pips. It had been a while and I was worried I had forgotten how. I waited for PA to confirm on this one. Bumped my account back up to 5.5% since Feb.

UC4hr.png
UC4hr.png (12.13 KiB) Viewed 2953 times

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Tue May 31, 2016 4:48 pm

EN.png
EN.png (57.25 KiB) Viewed 2921 times

Got smacked here, really thought I had this one licked. I was expecting a return to the highs after we had made a higher high and a pullback to the correction after Momo

en4.png
en4.png (45.47 KiB) Viewed 2921 times

A little messy, but red lines are entry and exit. Dashed vert line are entry candles.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:54 am

EN.png
EN.png (15.52 KiB) Viewed 2963 times

I'm just going to put this here, it was a small loss, but it appears I've missed the move. As you can see previously I took two cracks at getting long the EN expecting a big move back to the highs. When of course when the real move happens I jump out of my position because I'm a pussy. My thinking was it would return to the previous wick and shake some people out. In my attempt to understand more fully bodies and wicks I saw a 1hr close over something and I thought that was great, but then I saw a 1hr close below something right at resistance and I closed my position. Of course it turned right back around. It was also under my pivot I drew and I was expecting a continuation pattern to enter. It was there, but it was on the 1hr and I was sleeping. So all in all a FML.

*I also had the position open at 5 ET so I got hit with triple swap :D

Return to “TheRumpledOne”