Libertarians take on trading

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: Re:

Postby Mira » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 am

Libertarian wrote:Some accountants were inquiring about buying Bitcoin in the office today :smt044 Laugh_Smile

MightyOne wrote:BTCUSD.png
:D

Great tune BTW :smt033

I don’t know nothing about trading but..

D6F82886-D00C-4783-A00A-E2B0A2478CA4.png
D6F82886-D00C-4783-A00A-E2B0A2478CA4.png (62.51 KiB) Viewed 2895 times

?

5123D694-F186-4CD0-8177-5EA00C2F500B.png
5123D694-F186-4CD0-8177-5EA00C2F500B.png (60.44 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Re: Libertarians take on trading

Postby aliassmith » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:44 am

TygerKrane wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
MightyOne wrote:These are the recent minimum spreads as recorded by OANDA.

USDZAR_HISTORY.pngTRYJPY_HISTORY.png

Ended up looking at the USDTRY. It had about a 5 pip spread but moves about 3x the GBPJPY. I think the margin is really low also. It could be my new love :shock:

Were you looking at the average spread?
Right now, 6P EST, I see the spread as @60 pips on Trade Interceptor, and @100 pips on Oanda :shock:

Maybe I need to check back during the Euro/US session crossover.

Its a tricky pair...the spread does fluctuate..I've traded it at 5 to 10 pips and seen it up to 80 pips in off times.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Libertarian

Re:

Postby Libertarian » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:36 am

KnockedOut_Smile

MightyOne wrote:BTCUSD.png
:D

Libertarian

Loss I took

Postby Libertarian » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Here was a dumb trade i took. Late at night, should have been going to sleep, but I just had to trade it, and once again, the difference between Oh s**t and OMG is razor thin.

daily.PNG
daily.PNG (33.41 KiB) Viewed 3039 times

So I missed the daily bounce off of obvious support become resistance, even though I was sitting there with my finger on the trigger, "here she comes...and it gone" :D :( this has been a VERY common theme this week.

But so I saw on the 4hr we just shot up, lots of people sitting in profit. Thinking its time to fade this sucker back down to that D1 support.

4hr.PNG
4hr.PNG (19.29 KiB) Viewed 3039 times

So I start looking for my levels. I see my 4 hr level, price closes in the area, look to go short. NO problem.

1hr.PNG
1hr.PNG (63.72 KiB) Viewed 3039 times

So I shorted off the little 1 hr MO/BDP (first arrow) right as it came back to the zL (blue line). Price then closes higher on the 1hr and I think I better get out, but I see the 1hr level a little higher (4hr wasn't closed yet) so I hold thinking price is still closing in my area. Then the 4hr candle closes against me, outside of the 4hr level. Shoot, so I say, well then we must be going higher after all, and I see price breaking out of a 1hr pattern, So I was expecting PA I indicated with the lines, bounce and continue on. I set my short for TP and enter a limit to go long. Nope, price comes back to the level, closes back in the level with the 4hr and cruises lower to take out all those folks holding onto some $$. #-o =D> :roll: :oops: :x :cry:

One of those times where the smaller TF was the truth and the higher TF was the lie.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 pm

You don't have to pay anything but attention.

GBPUSDH1.png
GBPUSDH1.png (34.7 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
BTCUSD.png
BTCUSD.png (54.12 KiB) Viewed 3026 times

Libertarian

Re:

Postby Libertarian » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:53 pm

I see that clearly as day. I was just on the wrong level. I thought because it jumped over the 4 hr level, that level would act like res become support. And the 1hr level was ready to go. I saw the 1hr MOMO and I thought that was just running the stops just under the level. Then zoom. Just goes to show, I think I need to be more nimble. what is the chart showing me. Would like to think I could have entered at the second arrow, but alas, I doubt i. I would have been waiting for another BO, and the train had left the station. before that. The return to the 1 hr level/zl, that was where i would have entered potentially, Should have just believed that that was just too fast a move on the daily. Sometimes just the candles screw up my mental picture and recently the mental picture has been more right than the candles. A little bit scary. At the end of the day its just your money on a chart.

MightyOne wrote:You don't have to pay anything but attention.

GBPUSDH1.pngBTCUSD.png

Leoheart

Re: Loss I took

Postby Leoheart » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Libertarian wrote:Here was a dumb trade i took. Late at night, should have been going to sleep, but I just had to trade it, and once again, the difference between Oh s**t and OMG is razor thin.

daily.PNG

So I missed the daily bounce off of obvious support become resistance, even though I was sitting there with my finger on the trigger, "here she comes...and it gone" :D :( this has been a VERY common theme this week.

But so I saw on the 4hr we just shot up, lots of

people sitting in profit. Thinking its time to fade this sucker back down to that D1 support.

4hr.PNG

So I start looking for my levels. I see my 4 hr level, price closes in the area, look to go short. NO problem.

1hr.PNG

So I shorted off the little 1 hr MO/BDP (first arrow) right as it came back to the zL (blue line). Price then closes higher on the 1hr and I think I better get out, but I see the 1hr level a little higher (4hr wasn't closed yet) so I hold thinking price is still closing in my area. Then the 4hr candle closes against me, outside of the 4hr level. Shoot, so I say, well then we must be going higher after all, and I see price breaking out of a 1hr pattern, So I was expecting PA I indicated with the lines, bounce and continue on. I set my short for TP and enter a limit to go long. Nope, price comes back to the level, closes back in the level with the 4hr and cruises lower to take out all those folks holding onto some $$. #-o =D> :roll: :oops: :x :cry:

One of those times where the smaller TF was the truth and the higher TF was the lie.

Imho, you should been done for the night after:

All the rest is your mind playing games. I suck at reading other peoples charts so excuse me if I am making no sense.

Edit: Commuting earlier. I don't mean question your trading abilities, but what do you mean when you say 'obvious support become resistance'. Imo, nothing is obvious until support Actually becomes resistance. If every situation in the market is unique, we cannot assume that support will hold for sure. Trust me, this is coming from a guy that learned from prop trades in my early days and have gotten burned enough times attempting to fade the market at Obvious levels. (Hopefully you were referring to fading :oops: , if not then please ignore this).
Last edited by Leoheart on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliassmith

Re: Re:

Postby aliassmith » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Libertarian wrote:I see that clearly as day. I was just on the wrong level. I thought because it jumped over the 4 hr level, that level would act like res become support. And the 1hr level was ready to go. I saw the 1hr MOMO and I thought that was just running the stops just under the level. Then zoom. Just goes to show, I think I need to be more nimble. what is the chart showing me. Would like to think I could have entered at the second arrow, but alas, I doubt i. I would have been waiting for another BO, and the train had left the station. before that. The return to the 1 hr level/zl, that was where i would have entered potentially, Should have just believed that that was just too fast a move on the daily. Sometimes just the candles screw up my mental picture and recently the mental picture has been more right than the candles. A little bit scary. At the end of the day its just your money on a chart.

MightyOne wrote:You don't have to pay anything but attention.

GBPUSDH1.pngBTCUSD.png

I wouldn't consider any level above the H1 chart to be very "exact". There are too many variations with different start times on H4 and daily candle charts.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

nat

Postby nat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 am

dont forget about H3 either! ive seen quite a few times where something looked iffy on H4 but H3 looked a lot better.

daily

gudaily.png
gudaily.png (24.84 KiB) Viewed 2950 times

H3

guh3.png
guh3.png (30.02 KiB) Viewed 2950 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:07 pm

BTCUSD.png
BTCUSD.png (43.67 KiB) Viewed 2971 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”