Libertarians take on trading

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: Libertarians take on trading

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:18 am

Opportunity comes from above; don't forget to look up :wink: :lol:

With 70 currency pairs, opportunity is knocking more doors than a Jehovah's Witness.

USDJPYMonthly.png
USDJPYMonthly.png (20.24 KiB) Viewed 4795 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:42 am

MightyOne wrote:Opportunity comes from above; don't forget to look up :wink: :lol:

With 70 currency pairs, opportunity is knocking more doors than a Jehovah's Witness.

USDJPYMonthly.png

Sitting in McDonald's ,,I laughed so hard I was getting looks ....Lol :D

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm

dchappy wrote:ZAR and TRY are my two favorite currencies; the price moves are out of this world. ,............................................................................................................................................... I had to look up TRY ,,,had never heard of it before ... =D> tunnel vision I guess ...

I looked at the zar and try but the spreads looked high for me.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:11 pm

aliassmith wrote:
dchappy wrote:ZAR and TRY are my two favorite currencies; the price moves are out of this world. ,............................................................................................................................................... I had to look up TRY ,,,had never heard of it before ... =D> tunnel vision I guess ...

I agree, look appealing - but not for daily range.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:59 pm

aliassmith wrote:

People assume that a pip is going to have a fixed value of say $10 where a 1 pip spread ($10) is indeed better than a 5 pip spread ($50) when using a 14 pip stop and a 21 pip take profit.

But if the value of a pip is determined by the HATR then ask yourself which is better:
a: 1.2 pip spread on a pair with a 12 pip HATR (10% spread)
b: 38 pip spread on a pair that has a 380 pip HATR (10% spread)
If the width of the HATR = $125 for each then the spread is $12.50 for each.

Only taking the spread into consideration is like thinking that 50 dime spread is worse than a 5 dollar spread.

If the range is not there, say that the HATR is 12, then the spread is (38/12) or 316.6% and that is unacceptable if you plan on only risking around 80% of the range.

You can usually still trade pairs with insane spreads, like USDTHB, on weekly or monthly charts:
On the monthly chart, the impact of a 316.6% spread would be (316.6/16), because the MN line widths are 16x larger; this means that your spread is a tradable 19.787% (you simply accumulate elsewhere).

Green lines are 40% of the HATR:
spread_vs_range.png
spread_vs_range.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 2375 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

People assume that a pip is going to have a fixed value of say $10 where a 1 pip spread ($10) is indeed better than a 5 pip spread ($50) when using a 14 pip stop and a 21 pip take profit.

But if the value of a pip is determined by the HATR then ask yourself which is better:

Only taking the spread into consideration is like thinking that 50 dime spread is worse than a 5 dollar spread.

If the range is not there, say that the HATR is 12, then the spread is (38/12) or 316.6% and that is unacceptable if you plan on only risking around 80% of the range.

You can usually still trade pairs with insane spreads, like USDTHB, on weekly or monthly charts:
On the monthly chart, the impact of a 316.6% spread would be (316.6/16), because the MN line widths are 16x larger; this means that your spread is a tradable 19.787% (you simply accumulate elsewhere).

spread_vs_range.png

I'll have to take a closer look when the market is active again.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:20 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

spread_vs_range.png

Interesting post Mo, Thank You.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Leoheart wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

TryJpy had good spreads, unfortunately I can't trade it now... :smt012
Oanda has the TryJpy pair available, but Trade Interceptor doesn't have a data feed for it, so no charts there. :cry: :smt011

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 pm

MightyOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

spread_vs_range.png

I’m here to make screenshots :D
Thanks MO
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:11 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

TryJpy had good spreads, unfortunately I can't trade it now... :smt012
Oanda has the TryJpy pair available, but Trade Interceptor doesn't have a data feed for it, so no charts there. :cry: :smt011

Hi,

Your signature caught my attention as I was reading your post. How dare you run out of bubble gum. Don't you know bubble gum keeps you in the zone? Just observe Michael Jordan , you think this man ever ran out of bubble gum :).

Return to “TheRumpledOne”