Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Plus, if I do this, as it's pretty much a slo-mo version of what I am doing already, I am less likely to lose interest in it after a week! :P :P :P

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:42 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Interestingly, the only tf I didn't see DH working was the 30-min...very messy. You'd just end up frustrated or adapting it to a scalping game again, with many points of re-entry and/or counter-trading moves. Not exactly set-and-brew-time.

1m, 5m, 15m, 1H, 4H, and daily seem to be the popular timeframes for forex.

In the stock and futures world I think the 2m has a following.

You and I know that the lower time frames are going to be our go-to home and which work for which market. Plenty of pages devoted to that, for sure, wherever you look.

It's because of this, that I figured if we could translate that overall mindset to the (even slightly) longer time frames, featuring specifically a tight sl - which has always been a Dead Horse strong point - a bias finder in the Kijun-sen and a series of smooth moves once it triggers, so less monitoring anxiety, then it could build a nice option for traders looking for this type of trading life.

This is “the question” lol or better yet, the goal. Trading is about making money, and also keeping it. With lower timeframe ideas, you can create larger returns while keeping risk the same/tight SL. I’m doing this on the daily range and I’m trying to move into the weekly range. I think that would be my ceiling though, as anything longer, i.e a monthly range might not produce a similar win rate because of the time axis.

For example, using the pivot points on the hourly. I can use the hourly R3/S3 as my stop and still trade the daily range. Im still not used to holding more than a day, and that is the real challenge. Do I “believe” it will work? Do I “believe” it enough to “trust” the process? Idk…I don’t trust the market hahaha
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:43 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Plus, if I do this, as it's pretty much a slo-mo version of what I am doing already, I am less likely to lose interest in it after a week! :P :P :P

Emphasize on “slo-mo” lol!!!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:50 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
1m, 5m, 15m, 1H, 4H, and daily seem to be the popular timeframes for forex.

In the stock and futures world I think the 2m has a following.

You and I know that the lower time frames are going to be our go-to home and which work for which market. Plenty of pages devoted to that, for sure, wherever you look.

It's because of this, that I figured if we could translate that overall mindset to the (even slightly) longer time frames, featuring specifically a tight sl - which has always been a Dead Horse strong point - a bias finder in the Kijun-sen and a series of smooth moves once it triggers, so less monitoring anxiety, then it could build a nice option for traders looking for this type of trading life.

This is “the question” lol or better yet, the goal. Trading is about making money, and also keeping it. With lower timeframe ideas, you can create larger returns while keeping risk the same/tight SL. I’m doing this on the daily range and I’m trying to move into the weekly range. I think that would be my ceiling though, as anything longer, i.e a monthly range might not produce a similar win rate because of the time axis.

For example, using the pivot points on the hourly. I can use the hourly R3/S3 as my stop and still trade the daily range. Im still not used to holding more than a day, and that is the real challenge. Do I “believe” it will work? Do I “believe” it enough to “trust” the process? Idk…I don’t trust the market hahaha

You shouldn't trust the "Market" its job is to take your money. The trust factor is in your process and decision making. You will need to trust in yourself and execution of your plan.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:52 pm

aliassmith wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

You shouldn't trust the "Market" its job is to take your money. The trust factor is in your process and decision making. You will need to trust in yourself and execution of your plan.

We must always look inward

- - - - -

To add on your comment….I agree, I don’t trust myself or my decisions to see a trade expand for a few days/weeks. Thinking about it though, I should be confident moving into that. I’m confident in being able to extract money from the market over time. Confident in trading the daily range..and I should continue being confident into the longer term trading. Life is short, what I lack is experience, but I won’t gain said experience until I take a step in that direction. I know I won’t regret it, regardless of the outcome, but growth is both sweet and sour.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:07 am

Hey Lem,

We'll be celebrating Independence day on Sunday over here across the pond.

Do the Brits celebrate those dirty traitors day?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:14 am

Lol. I do, after a fashion, as I spent so much time in the US that my friends I still have over there consider me an honorary revolutionary :)

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:57 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Lol. I do, after a fashion, as I spent so much time in the US that my friends I still have over there consider me an honorary revolutionary :)

A honorary revolutionary, well welcome to the club sir :D

If the founding fathers knew how much tax we would be paying to the government, I doubt they would have went to war. #-o

Happy Honorary Independence Day! :mrgreen:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:14 am

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Lol. I do, after a fashion, as I spent so much time in the US that my friends I still have over there consider me an honorary revolutionary :)

A honorary revolutionary, well welcome to the club sir :D

If the founding fathers knew how much tax we would be paying to the government, I doubt they would have went to war. #-o

Happy Honorary Independence Day! :mrgreen:

Thanks! Hope you have a grand weekend!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:26 am

Return to “TheRumpledOne”