Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Playing about with mt5. Really, really don't like it but I did get this.

Stupid late in the day, UK wise but hey ho...

GU 5-min Lightning Cloud Double-Dip in running.

GUatendofDayBreather8thJune2020inrunningDoubleDip-KreslikCropGU5min.png
GUatendofDayBreather8thJune2020inrunningDoubleDip-KreslikCropGU5min.png (28.71 KiB) Viewed 2990 times

Out +7.3 +8.7 [+16]

GU5minLightningCloudDoubleDipFor+7.3+8.7onjune8th2020-KreslikCrop.png
GU5minLightningCloudDoubleDipFor+7.3+8.7onjune8th2020-KreslikCrop.png (26.21 KiB) Viewed 2990 times

I won't be keeping mt5 around, just using it for certain things. It takes a certain kind of talent to take something that is more than capable and turning it into the trading version of slate and chalk.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:14 am

So, anyway, getting back on some kind of track here now and wanted to build on the the theme begun what seems like, oh-so-long-ago :P .

The charts above show the Thunder+Lightning method stripped down even farther. That in itself fine-tunes the Ichimoko method and now by dropping the ''slow'' Thunder Cloud, we are left with a method that suits the lower time frames well.

However, I also wanted to look at the possibility of going even farther, however. As a result, I got rid of the clouds all together.

Since I began this experiment, I have found one other trader out there - in InterWebbyLand - who has investigated the same thing. He voted it a success and so it seems will I.

You see, by dropping the cloud, we leave the Kijun-sen and that becomes our Trigger-Line.

Here's a trade from today. First thing this morning, in fact, before UK Opened officially. Thank my cats for that :P

.UK100.M5howsimpledoyouwantitfolksJune9th2020.png
.UK100.M5howsimpledoyouwantitfolksJune9th2020.png (38.12 KiB) Viewed 2965 times

I mean, how simple do you want it, folks?

You can even ignore the windows below, as that is some additional Directional-Bias info I will use occasionally. This isn't even strictly needed. Reason being, is that you are simply looking for a candle close over the Kijun-sen and trade from that. If you want, a simple compromise is to add the 200 sma, as that is a well-established - bendy - line in the sand that price will always react around and even the Big Gorillas use.

This in itself appeals to me even more now, as it has echoes of my Bob Volman method. One line (In his case, the 20 ema). Entries derived from PA around that line. This is my ultimate scalping method...well, it was...until now.

You will also have seen that I have been using Alias' excellent Dead Horse Method. If you consider the elements involved, there are also a lot of crossover points between all these methods. In fact, the Dead Horse entry method works well with the Kijun-sen Trigger Line. Alias' colour-change ma takes over the role of the Directional Bias I have on the chart above, so again, different sides to the same coin.

One thing that also tracks across these type of methods, is that they are supremely fractal. They work, un-adjusted, just as well on the Daily as they do on the 1-min.

For those of us here who believe that trading methods grow organically out of and to suit the trading styles and psychology of the traders using and developing them, then I think this is a prime example of the process at work.

Onward and upward!
Last edited by LeMercenaire on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:21 am

Supremely fractal...

Daily

.UK100.DailysupremelyfractalJne9thegForKreslik2020.png
.UK100.DailysupremelyfractalJne9thegForKreslik2020.png (51.34 KiB) Viewed 2963 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:31 am

One thing that the ''other trader'' did throw into the mix briefly, was that obviously the Ichimoku method was/is designed to work primarily on the higher time frames, Daily specifically.

This, however, means that the Kijun-sen is not set-up properly for the lower ones. Thunder Cloud and Lightning Cloud obviously have their own custom settings, so it does make sense, of course.

Because of this, I have been experimenting with higher settings (the lower the time frame, the higher the setting, it seems) and tbh, I haven't seen it yet. I keep coming back to the ''standard''.

Closest fit I got was at ''100'' (standard is 26) and that wasn't too bad a go at it. In fact, I still have both running side-by-side on a number of charts to see if it will stick. We'll see. Still not convinced but you never know.

Watch The Skies!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Jeez...June 9th, last post. That's a shocker. Sorry, folks.

Yeah, I know I have been riding Alias' Dead Horse since then but still...

Right, feeling a lot healthier than I have in a while and really need to get myself truckin' again. So here ya' go.

Good ol' Walmal come up with the goods - it was just he first chart that was up and open tbh - and a nice enough bag to kick off with, especially at 15:10 uk which is a stupid time to be trading The DAX (or pretty much anything else).

Walmal 1-min + 3.7 +5.4 [+9.1]

Screenshot (7442).png
Screenshot (7442).png (87.32 KiB) Viewed 2496 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Jeez...June 9th, last post. That's a shocker. Sorry, folks.

Right, feeling a lot healthier than I have in a while and really need to get myself truckin' again. So here ya' go.

Good ol' Walmal come up with the goods - it was just he first chart that was up and open tbh - and a nice enough bag to kick off with, especially at 15:10 uk which is a stupid time to be trading The DAX (or pretty much anything else).

Screenshot (7442).png

Good to see you back. I ve been using Alias' latest method and loving it. Saw you using it on EA and since that is a normal pair I look at, started with that and GU. Been loving the results. Hope your all healthy and back at it.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:38 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:

Screenshot (7442).png

Good to see you back. I ve been using Alias' latest method and loving it. Saw you using it on EA and since that is a normal pair I look at, started with that and GU. Been loving the results. Hope your all healthy and back at it.

Cheers for that. Yeah, doing ok, considering, lol.

As for Alias' Dead Horse...well, what can you say? It just keeps churning out cash. I just keep it on EA 'coz, well why wouldn't you, lol.

Lovely, long-running move for some +75 pips or so if you were up and paying attention - and not watching MNF instead :P - triggering at 03:00 uk but could still have nabbed around +40 if getting in later, at 10:30 uk. Nice.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:

Screenshot (7442).png

I have also been looking at a variant with added steroids, running it on the H4. Maybe be something, may be nothing...may be just as easy to run the original as is, lol. Hey, ho, keeps my idle hands busy.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:53 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

Screenshot (7442).png

I have also been looking at a variant with added steroids, running it on the H4. Maybe be something, may be nothing...may be just as easy to run the original as is, lol. Hey, ho, keeps my idle hands busy.

Did someone say the 4hr chart. Now that is music to my ears. I feel like im being way to greedy tho. I have made almost 15 R. In two days. Its just stupid.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Not a Dead Horse entry, so posting here in my yard, not over with Alias but using the indi in combo with Kijun-sen to give a simple micro-Momo set. Got the job done.

USTech 1-min +2.1 +3.4 +4.4 [+9.9]

USTech1minDeadHorse+Kijun-senMomoFor+2.1+3.4+4.4Sept28th2020crop.png
USTech1minDeadHorse+Kijun-senMomoFor+2.1+3.4+4.4Sept28th2020crop.png (25.69 KiB) Viewed 2358 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”