Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:10 pm

I will be using a combination of the above style charts and my Thunder+Lightning/Black Sails combination to showcase this work. Reason being, the Thunder+Lightning chart can be set up on any mt4 package, whereas the chart above uses a bar style not widely available - up, down and meh.

I figured it was only fair that if I am showing a method, I should also use a chart set-up that traders can actually use themselves :P

Hope that's ok and that there's still some interest in this three-legged dog and I will see you here next week.

Have a grand weekend till then (lockdown or not).

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:13 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:It's been a fallow period over here for a while due to various away-from-trading doo-dahs going on and apologies for that. However, coming out the other side of that now and going forward, I will once again be looking to run some longer time-frame charts.

As most will know, I am primarily very much a scalper now but I wanted to show that the techniques for entry I use can just as easily be used in the yawnisphere. In fact this reverse engineering of HTF methods is precisely how I came to realise I could scalp in the first place. All I will be doing is working that thought process back where it began.

Yawnisphere is a great name.

I learned HTF techniques also and applied it to the fractal nature of the lower TF charts. Intraday trades is what I do 90%+ of the time.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:It's been a fallow period over here for a while due to various away-from-trading doo-dahs going on and apologies for that. However, coming out the other side of that now and going forward, I will once again be looking to run some longer time-frame charts.

As most will know, I am primarily very much a scalper now but I wanted to show that the techniques for entry I use can just as easily be used in the yawnisphere. In fact this reverse engineering of HTF methods is precisely how I came to realise I could scalp in the first place. All I will be doing is working that thought process back where it began.

I learned HTF techniques also and applied it to the fractal nature of the lower TF charts. Intraday trades is what I do 90%+ of the time.

It is interesting. When I was trading OPM, I was perfectly happy running HTF tech. Now I work for myself, I can only ever see myself using uber-scalps.

Probably something to do with the fact that the former involved working in an office - a very casual set-up admittedly but still an office, nonetheless - and so you could chew the fat, check what everyone was doing, leave stuff running and go belt around Knockhill, lol. All the while knowing that it would just churn away in the background, totally protected and only needing checked once or twice a day.

The latter - well, although I still often work the full day, 24 hrs if I want to, especially just now with the whole world stuck indoors - I now have the ability to make as much in a few minutes as I did in a week...hell, a month...and the rest of the day is my own, to trade or not to trade in as I wish.

This folds into the fact that in reality, most, if not all, of those coming here - at least initially - will simply not be able to scalp my way, either because it actually scares the living **** out of them and/or they just don't have the time, due to them having to fit trading in around a full-time job or other commitments.

This was backed up by many of the comments made to me when I first started to post this thread - that this was a very real area of interest to those friends out there.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:17 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

It is interesting. When I was trading OPM, I was perfectly happy running HTF tech. Now I work for myself, I can only ever see myself using uber-scalps.

Probably something to do with the fact that the former involved working in an office - a very casual set-up admittedly but still an office, nonetheless - and so you could chew the fat, check what everyone was doing, leave stuff running and go belt around Knockhill, lol. All the while knowing that it would just churn away in the background, totally protected and only needing checked once or twice a day.

The latter - well, although I still often work the full day, 24 hrs if I want to, especially just now with the whole world stuck indoors - I now have the ability to make as much in a few minutes as I did in a week...hell, a month...and the rest of the day is my own, to trade or not to trade in as I wish.

This folds into the fact that in reality, most, if not all, of those coming here - at least initially - will simply not be able to scalp my way, either because it actually scares the living **** out of them and/or they just don't have the time, due to them having to fit trading in around a full-time job or other commitments.

This was backed up by many of the comments made to me when I first started to post this thread - that this was a very real area of interest to those friends out there.

Interesting! I’m learning to scalp now and it’s not as difficult as I thought. I did lose some money but it was more of a learning experience. My current learning curve is the time. I’m used to holding trades for few minutes or few hours. Scalping, I can make a lot in a few seconds. Literally! It becomes a matter of money not pips and it feels good. Still learning but will start implementing the “trade with the hour” and “trade with the day” rules. I’ll see if that helps me out on Tokyo open to London open (my current trading time window). Everything that I learned from TRO has been helping me with scalps and I’m forever grateful
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:26 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Interesting! I’m learning to scalp now and it’s not as difficult as I thought. I did lose some money but it was more of a learning experience. My current learning curve is the time. I’m used to holding trades for few minutes or few hours. Scalping, I can make a lot in a few seconds. Literally! It becomes a matter of money not pips and it feels good. Still learning but will start implementing the “trade with the hour” and “trade with the day” rules. I’ll see if that helps me out on Tokyo open to London open (my current trading time window). Everything that I learned from TRO has been helping me with scalps and I’m forever grateful

I still hold trades for a few minutes to few hours. When the ATR on a 5M chart was 3 it took longer hold times than now. In 15 minutes price can move 20+ pips.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:15 pm

aliassmith wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

I still hold trades for a few minutes to few hours. When the ATR on a 5M chart was 3 it took longer hold times than now. In 15 minutes price can move 20+ pips.

With scalping, I’m using larger lot sizes since my stops are minimal. As soon as price turns against me, I exit. I think as a scalper, holding on to a losing trade with hope of it becoming green is the downfall in the strategy. Thats what caused me a major loss this week, held for too long. Now I’m going to try to get it back next week. Not sure what scalping means, but I use it to mean that I’m looking at the minute chart
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:52 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

With scalping, I’m using larger lot sizes since my stops are minimal. As soon as price turns against me, I exit. I think as a scalper, holding on to a losing trade with hope of it becoming green is the downfall in the strategy. Thats what caused me a major loss this week, held for too long. Now I’m going to try to get it back next week. Not sure what scalping means, but I use it to mean that I’m looking at the minute chart

That's exactly the main, key point when scalping...exiting as soon as price turns against you.

In reality, you can enter an way you like. Take a random walk if you so wish. Then ride price whichever way it runs.

However, psychologically, humans are very, very resistant to cutting with a scratch or small loss. The urge to hold it is so strong.

It has a lot to do with your innate ability to admit that you got it wrong and not take it personally! Something humans find especially difficult, lol.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:49 am

Right, folks. Back on the (HTF) horse.

Here's what I am looking at just now:

First up, I'll be watching for a confirmation that this is flipping long-side. This is really early on in the process and could just as easily drop again but for sure, it's one chart to be leaving up on the wall.

UK100 H4

UK100-H4-settingup-March30th2020.png
UK100-H4-settingup-March30th2020.png (87.13 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

Dropping down to the H1, we can see that even here, it is still early days, however it very definitely looks like we have a good chance of it going long.
Attachments
UK100 H1 stillsettingupheretoo March 30th 2020.png
UK100 H1 stillsettingupheretoo March 30th 2020.png (88.8 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:51 am

Gold looks good but with the mental spreads just now, I am not touching that with a barge pole.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:57 am

The HKI (Hong Kong Index) is up next, with a similar look.

HKI H4

HKI-H4-alsolookingtoflip-March30th2020.png
HKI-H4-alsolookingtoflip-March30th2020.png (77.29 KiB) Viewed 1623 times

HKI H1

HKI-H1-March30th2020.png
HKI-H1-March30th2020.png (84.02 KiB) Viewed 1623 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”