free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Skyold

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby Skyold » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:39 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Hi Leo. It's a fractals indicator filched from another method based "Over There".

Same kind of deal as the Semafor.

Sweet, how are you using it on the chart Lem? What do you see? Thanks.

I have just remembered the way I was originally using this set up! I was looking at the H1 chart and finding the directional bias using the cloud and fractal combo and then dropping to the 1-min (and still using the same template) using the signals there to give me entries (instead of the bias). Does tht make sense?

It's kind of like using semafor on H1 sweetspots and then dropping down to get the entries.

Sorry about that. I play around with loads of different things when I am sitting bored - it stops me chasing trades - and I will often take one piece of that, add a pinch of something else and round it off with a bit of the other.

Usually I get bored with it after a while and it goes on the template list and stuck in a drawer somewhere but occasionally I will take one out and dust it off.

Hello LeM,
you're not alone with what you do there
Do the right, right and often enough = success

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Hi Leo. It's a fractals indicator filched from another method based "Over There".

Same kind of deal as the Semafor.

I have just remembered the way I was originally using this set up! I was looking at the H1 chart and finding the directional bias using the cloud and fractal combo and then dropping to the 1-min (and still using the same template) using the signals there to give me entries (instead of the bias). Does tht make sense?

It's kind of like using semafor on H1 sweetspots and then dropping down to get the entries.

Sorry about that. I play around with loads of different things when I am sitting bored - it stops me chasing trades - and I will often take one piece of that, add a pinch of something else and round it off with a bit of the other.

Usually I get bored with it after a while and it goes on the template list and stuck in a drawer somewhere but occasionally I will take one out and dust it off.

So you were fading the 1hr fractal + cloud direction on the 1min chart?
No worries with tinkering here and there, we all do it.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

So you were fading the 1hr fractal + cloud direction on the 1min chart?
No worries with tinkering here and there, we all do it.

Not necessarily fading it - yes, I will do that but entries can be made in any number of ways.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:46 pm

After a comparatively slow week for me due to having to deal with stuff away from the charts, I have been catching up on reading and that inevitably means dipping back into my store of goodies that made it into The-Scrap-Book-of-Ideas-and-Good-Stuff-I-Can-Use.

One of the best blogs on trading I have ever read is this one. Maybe it's because he trades (traded?) with a similar philosophy / mindset to me but also because he just writes so damned well.

How about this:

''If you’ve got a trading system that’s profitable… Wait. Stop. Stop right there. If you have a trading system that’s profitable, then well, you have a trading system that’s profitable. It works. Forget how well it works, or how often it works. Get these irrelevant illusory measurements out of it’s way and allow it to do its thing. If you’re not satisfied with the number of trades it’s taking, then by all means, go about your search for additional trades; but do it while leaving this thing alone! At the very least it’ll give you some padding as you spend your precious capital on your continuing search for more frequent trades. Think in addition to, rather than in place of.''

Or this:

''Here’s a personal example. I am a short term trader. I mean really, really short term trader. Many of my trades last only seconds. This is the way I like it. I like to be out, so I trade on 1 and 5 minute charts. However, I’ve got a particular setup on the one our chart that I take whenever I see it. I do so knowing full well that it’s probably going to take a frigging week to play out. That’s the thing. It plays out. Nearly always, it plays out. In this case, whether I like a trade that lasts a week is irrelevant. I’ve seen it work enough times, why would I not allow it to make a deposit into my account? It’s not a matter of do I want to trade the 5 minute or 1 hour chart. It’s not a question of scalping versus swing trading. It’s a matter of allowing myself to benefit from something I know works.''

Find it here:

https://mlacoco.wordpress.com/?blogsub= ... cription-2

Patje

Postby Patje » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 am

Good morning :)... Nice to be here...

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:00 pm

[quote="Patje"]Good morning :)... Nice to be here...[/quote

Good to have you here! :)

Patje

Postby Patje » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:07 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Patje wrote:Good morning :)... Nice to be here...[/quote

Good to have you here! :)

Great thread..... i am catching up :D.... will get back to you with questions later......thanks

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Z-Line on H1 NU.

buffalo

Postby buffalo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:08 pm

4 hr z line eur/usd. 15 min rat enter close against me so looking to re-enter

sep242019.png
sep242019.png (48.59 KiB) Viewed 2657 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:57 pm

buffalo wrote:4 hr z line eur/usd. 15 min rat enter close against me so looking to re-enter

sep242019.png

Be careful of RAT entries on say the H4 when it corresponds to around the 50% retrace mark on the big picture, as price, although it will usually give you the rebound, will often faff around for ages, running along that line, up-and-down, up-and-down for ages before it goes. That's fine if you are running it purely as a Z-Line but will kill you as a RAT.

I have to say, it looks like a good, solid entry to me. Nicely done.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”