Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Time moves on - and our open trade is in pull back mode.

No real worry as such, it looks like expected behaviour and if it plays out as such, we'll get a return South tomorrow or the day after. Any longer than that and it's likely that we''l be looking at a push back above the 23.6 again, which would be a drag...

If we get a turn however, I will look to add in as well.

As always, we shall see.

Sitting at +65 tonight.

UK100dailysitsat+65atendofday28thaug19.png
UK100dailysitsat+65atendofday28thaug19.png (61.46 KiB) Viewed 3301 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:39 pm

I'll get a chart up of where we stand with the above trade.

What I will say is that it reminded me of how much I hate giving back all that nice money to the market.

In reality, had I had been trading this seriously, then I would have been counter-trading the pull backs that have followed.

Having thought that to myself while checking the chart, it rekindled my interest in having an ''always-in'' method and as such, I have been playing with some concepts. Early days but looking ok.

This would be a close approximation of the stuff I ran back-in-the-day but using lower time-frames (Daily and under).

It's kind of in keeping with the original concept behind this thread, so I am happy to run with it to see if I can motivate myself to get involved in ''Pension-Building'' methods again.

We'll see how it goes.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:14 pm

It looks like the trade is setting up to turn back to the downside but as is so often the case, up comes the weekend, so not ideal.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:20 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:I'll get a chart up of where we stand with the above trade.

What I will say is that it reminded me of how much I hate giving back all that nice money to the market.

In reality, had I had been trading this seriously, then I would have been counter-trading the pull backs that have followed.

Having thought that to myself while checking the chart, it rekindled my interest in having an ''always-in'' method and as such, I have been playing with some concepts. Early days but looking ok.

This would be a close approximation of the stuff I ran back-in-the-day but using lower time-frames (Daily and under).

It's kind of in keeping with the original concept behind this thread, so I am happy to run with it to see if I can motivate myself to get involved in ''Pension-Building'' methods again.

We'll see how it goes.

Lem what are those boxes in this trade (screen shot). Zigzags? Thanks

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Leoheart wrote:

We'll see how it goes.

Hi Leo. It's a fractals indicator filched from another method based "Over There".

Same kind of deal as the Semafor.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

We'll see how it goes.

Hi Leo. It's a fractals indicator filched from another method based "Over There".

Sweet, how are you using it on the chart Lem? What do you see? Thanks.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:00 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

It's a quick visual reference and if I get one printing, I will overlay a bands-type indi I also filched and should the box print outside the limits of the band, then it is a good indication of a spike that is likely to revert to a mean.

I don't always use each element you will see on a chart I post for the particular trade method I am talking about. It's just that I will layer methods onto one common chart and as I flip through time frames, some indis come into play, some drop into the background.

Basically I just can't be ars** continually taking off and re-adding the indicators for each post.

Here's a quick example of what I mean on Cable. I do have to say that I have a couple of additional pieces of software added to this that I can't share/show. However, it is still perfectly possible to leave them out and still make it work.

GBPUSDDailyasEGforFLO+FractalsCrop.png
GBPUSDDailyasEGforFLO+FractalsCrop.png (34.28 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

Again, Directional Bias at play.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:28 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

It's a quick visual reference and if I get one printing, I will overlay a bands-type indi I also filched and should the box print outside the limits of the band, then it is a good indication of a spike that is likely to revert to a mean.

I don't always use each element you will see on a chart I post for the particular trade method I am talking about. It's just that I will layer methods onto one common chart and as I flip through time frames, some indis come into play, some drop into the background.

Basically I just can't be ars** continually taking off and re-adding the indicators for each post.

Here's a quick example of what I mean on Cable. I do have to say that I have a couple of additional pieces of software added to this that I can't share/show. However, it is still perfectly possible to leave them out and still make it work.

I SEE SQUIGGLYS!! :shock:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:52 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

I SEE SQUIGGLYS!! :shock:

Aw only two l'il, itty, bitty, ones you can barely see and the other is the CC Semafor with different clothes on :)

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 am

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

I have just remembered the way I was originally using this set up! I was looking at the H1 chart and finding the directional bias using the cloud and fractal combo and then dropping to the 1-min (and still using the same template) using the signals there to give me entries (instead of the bias). Does tht make sense?

It's kind of like using semafor on H1 sweetspots and then dropping down to get the entries.

Sorry about that. I play around with loads of different things when I am sitting bored - it stops me chasing trades - and I will often take one piece of that, add a pinch of something else and round it off with a bit of the other.

Usually I get bored with it after a while and it goes on the template list and stuck in a drawer somewhere but occasionally I will take one out and dust it off.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”