Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Sunny Coast

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby Sunny Coast » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:12 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Hi there!

Welcome to your new Galaxy of Opportunity! Good to see you here and I hope you enjoy it enough that you will stay.

The amount of knowledge on offer here on Kreslik as a whole is staggering and can be a little overwhelming at first but once your brain settles down, you'll find your path, be it along with my methods or anyone else's.

Any questions - as always, ask away.

I will wait patiently for the cat :D

Thanks Lem. It is quite overwhelming but I'm sure I'll wade my way through it all.

I'd like to post a few charts and trades if I may and see how my learning starts to grow.

Cheers
Sunny
Be Humble, Learn Quickly, Find My Own Path

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 am

Sunny Coast wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Hi there!

Welcome to your new Galaxy of Opportunity! Good to see you here and I hope you enjoy it enough that you will stay.

The amount of knowledge on offer here on Kreslik as a whole is staggering and can be a little overwhelming at first but once your brain settles down, you'll find your path, be it along with my methods or anyone else's.

Any questions - as always, ask away.

I will wait patiently for the cat :D

Thanks Lem. It is quite overwhelming but I'm sure I'll wade my way through it all.

I'd like to post a few charts and trades if I may and see how my learning starts to grow.

Cheers
Sunny

The Cat is back! :D =D>

Yep, post up all you like.

Sunny Coast

Postby Sunny Coast » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 am

Here's the 1st one for me. I'm a curious cat that can't be held back.

Mon 220719 GJ TL Recap.png
Mon 220719 GJ TL Recap.png (95.5 KiB) Viewed 2993 times

Price had moved around 50 pips for the Asian session. Current ADR around 83 by my count.

There was a "strong" move through both Kumos.

Went short off a 1 min candle rejecting the 20 EMA.

Closed trade on close inside Thunder Cloud.

Afterthoughts:
After pulling a fib on the morning move I could see we were at the 50% retracement level.

The trade was also moving towards the KO rather than away from it.

Just slotted the MaccyDs onto the chart and the 353 would have kept me out, too. :-"

Cheers
Sunny

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Sunny Coast wrote:Here's the 1st one for me. I'm a curious cat that can't be held back.

Mon 220719 GJ TL Recap.png

Price had moved around 50 pips for the Asian session. Current ADR around 83 by my count.

There was a "strong" move through both Kumos.

Went short off a 1 min candle rejecting the 20 EMA.

Closed trade on close inside Thunder Cloud.

Afterthoughts:
After pulling a fib on the morning move I could see we were at the 50% retracement level.

The trade was also moving towards the KO rather than away from it.

Just slotted the MaccyDs onto the chart and the 353 would have kept me out, too. :-"

Cheers
Sunny

Good analysis. What you ran through there is exactly why I have built this thread the way I did, as each of those layers, while they can act as filters on their own, when used together, they make up a powerful information bank.

I would say though, that I use the Double-Macd set up in a specific variant of its own. I don't use it when I team up with the 20ma. It is a 30 when they are involved. Reason being, with the Double-Macd variant, it is the Macd movement that provides the trigger initially and you build everything else from there, not the other way around.

It's a subtle point but an important one to bear in mind.

Sunny Coast

Postby Sunny Coast » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:14 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Good analysis. What you ran through there is exactly why I have built this thread the way I did, as each of those layers, while they can act as filters on their own, when used together, they make up a powerful information bank.

I would say though, that I use the Double-Macd set up in a specific variant of its own. I don't use it when I team up with the 20ma. It is a 30 when they are involved. Reason being, with the Double-Macd variant, it is the Macd movement that provides the trigger initially and you build everything else from there, not the other way around.

Thanks Lem. I really appreciate that.

I've now skimmed then read through the entire thread twice now and are grateful for the way you've put the thread together.

It is still just book experience for me and will continue to apply what I've learned here in the live market.

Cheers
Sunny

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:55 pm

Sunny Coast wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Good analysis. What you ran through there is exactly why I have built this thread the way I did, as each of those layers, while they can act as filters on their own, when used together, they make up a powerful information bank.

Thanks Lem. I really appreciate that.

I've now skimmed then read through the entire thread twice now and are grateful for the way you've put the thread together.

It is still just book experience for me and will continue to apply what I've learned here in the live market.

Cheers
Sunny

No worries.

I will also get my a** in gear and get this thing back on track. Too much other stuff taking my attention away.

Sunny Coast

Postby Sunny Coast » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:56 am

Yes mate, please do!!

Lots to learn here for sure. I'm still very interested in the higher timeframe gear too.

Cheers Anthony

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Interesting shape to GC.

You'd normally be thinking a rebound was coming - however it is pretty far into a drop already and probably more importantly, it's got the GBP in there, not what one would call the most stable of currencies around at the moment.

Having said that, shorting it is always a pretty good play :P

GBPCADDailyreboundComingMaybe25thJuly19.png
GBPCADDailyreboundComingMaybe25thJuly19.png (65.38 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:17 pm

If you had been around and paying attention earlier, you can see the lovely Double-Doji trigger inside the zone marked by the box.

GBPCADDailyshowingDoubleDojiKey.png
GBPCADDailyshowingDoubleDojiKey.png (67.99 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

Then of course, if that aggressive entry isn't your thing, then you had the break and retrace entry that followed instead.

One point of interest, is that when the fib is extended from top to bottom of this move and we can look back in time, take a look at where the 50-level lines up :D

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:34 pm

Had a look around and you can - not unsurprisingly - see a similar profile over on GA.

At the moment here, price is in a battle with the 23.6 level. What happens there will inform not only whether this goes short but also the play above, which has not reached its own 23.6 quite yet.

GBPAUDDailyshowssimilar25thJuly19.png
GBPAUDDailyshowssimilar25thJuly19.png (85.73 KiB) Viewed 2752 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”