Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Jhx wrote:Hey Lem, I was catching up with the thread, and I really like the way you scalp the Dax using the M1 chart. A few bites here, a few bites there, and they add up quite a bit at the end of the day.

I read one of your replies in this last page to set up the chart for the M1 with the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo and the EMA, but I noticed that you're not using the MACD Histograms in those charts. Given that they're the first part of the trigger (at least the way you explained in the first page), do you not use them here? Or is there a difference in the approach when going into the M1?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the confusion. There are actually two overlapping variants here. I use the histograms mostly on the longer time frames now. Yes, I have used them on the m1 in the past but have dropped them now. Occasionally they may appear on a posted chart but that will usually be because I have used an m1 entry on a chart that was set up for H4 or whatever, to save opening a new stand alone chart.

When I use the Lightning Cloud on its own especially, down on the m1 chart, I find the additional info from the histograms was just getting in the way. I found I was actually forgetting to check them as I was happy with the cloud and pa around the ma.

Remember that initially, the double histograms come from the higher time frame method and I feel they are much more useful used in that way. See the H4 Russ 2K play for example.

Lem I too like your 1min play. Shows that it really ‘doesn’t matter what you trade, but how you trade it’ In regards to the the Pa around the Ma, can please elaborate on this abit.

I think I see what you see, but I may be off. I see pin rejections off the ma, Also I see your trading against opposite Momo. Not necessarily waiting for a close beyond the Opmomo, but looking for a zline abit retrace and entry.

Ok, so Leo. yep, you're pretty much seeing it right.

My main trigger is a classic rejection candle off the ma, such as a pin. It can also be used in the middle of a move if it comes at a flat-spot sideways.

It's entirely possible to expand that flat-spot into a box-break, playing the pa inside that box. You'll be looking for (in a buy move) a flat-top squeeze, that is, as series of rising lows up to a level. This is basically a micro Supply Clearout.

Another pa / pattern I look for is a Double-Doji.

I do like to see a micro Z-Line appear, as they are golden.

A solid, long momo candle, likewise for a 50% retrace.

It does help to know your chosen instrument's rhythms inside and out. You really do see the same things happen again-and-again every day, more often than not at the same time every day.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Without meaning to confuse the issue even farther - while realising that this inevitably will - I should point out here, as no doubt it has slipped by pretty much unnoticed, that not all Ichimoku Clouds are created equal.

For me, the settings I use across the variants come in like this:

T-25 Charts (9, 16, 52, 0)
T-60 Charts (9, 26, 52, 0)

H4 Charts (9, 26, 52, 26)

Thunder & Lightning
Thunder (7, 21, 48, 21)
Lightning (7, 12, 15, 6)

The 1-min charts use the Lightning Cloud on its own.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm

On top of the 1-min Charts, I am using 5-min HA candles + 20-ema to give a directional bias.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Got it, thanks Lem.

Side question, because it's kinda~ related to entries, at least to me lol :lol: . I see this in some of your charts, which is entries within the same move. Is this stacking? I read this quite a few times within the forum and everyone seems to have different techniques.

I'd believe the reasoning is maximizing profits when you are right without depending on huge moves.

May I ask you how you do this here (criteria for stacking)? And once you start stacking, do you treat each trade independently or you treat it as one 'big' trade? I ask this to understand how one would handle drawdowns and their relation to the SL. Say you're in with 3 trades, the trade looked great, but suddenly runs against you, do you reduce your position at a certain point or close everything altogether when you reach your predefined risk?

Or do you do something entirely different?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 pm

[quote="Jhx"]Got it, thanks Lem.

Side question, because it's kinda~ related to entries, at least to me lol :lol: . I see this in some of your charts, which is entries within the same move. Is this stacking? I read this quite a few times within the forum and everyone seems to have different techniques.

I'd believe the reasoning is maximizing profits when you are right without depending on huge moves.

May I ask you how you do this here (criteria for stacking)? And once you start stacking, do you treat each trade independently or you treat it as one 'big' trade? I ask this to understand how one would handle drawdowns and their relation to the SL. Say you're in with 3 trades, the trade looked great, but suddenly runs against you, do you reduce your position at a certain point or close everything altogether when you reach your predefined risk?

Or do you do something entirely different?
[/quote]

Some will be stacked entries, some will be faded (when I have jumped the gun and gone in too early but get another good entry once I am already in the first).

I will stack if I get a momo move, just keep adding as it moves. Also if I get a new trigger which if I hadn't been in the earlier trades I know I would have gone in on, then I simply get on again.

If I am in any trade and it runs against me (whether it's one entry or three) then I will not let it go negative if I can help it. It's highly unlikely that I will have been in three that go bad, as the only way that would happen is if it turned immediately and in that case, I wouldn't have had the signals to go in that early anyway.

It's an interesting question about whether I treat them as separate entities or one single trade? You know what, I don't really think about it. That sounds weird I know but once they are off and running, I am just looking at the green or red numbers. I suppose if I read that back, that means that yes, I treat them each separately.

Hope at least some of that makes sense - I have been on the go a lot in the last few days, it's just after midnight and I have at least an hour's paperwork to get through, so I am kinda fuzzied. I won't even be posting up today's charts until tomorrow, I just don't have the energy just now.

Sorry!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:12 pm

To continue the thoughts above. I have said this before but it bears saying again, that to paraphrase MO, if you are in a trade and are not willing to add into it, then you may as well close it.

That really struck a chord with me and it's something I have embraced wholeheartedly.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:I will stack if I get a momo move, just keep adding as it moves. Also if I get a new trigger which if I hadn't been in the earlier trades I know I would have gone in on, then I simply get on again.

First off, thanks for the detailed answer. Knowing that you're like a trading war-machine (I don't know how many tools you have under your belt that you might mix when you see them on the chart :lol: ), when you say 'as it moves' do you mean as it moves within the candle? Or do you add with wick-style entries / wait for pullbacks / something entirely different ? Or is it like a very 'gut' feel thing?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Jhx wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:I will stack if I get a momo move, just keep adding as it moves. Also if I get a new trigger which if I hadn't been in the earlier trades I know I would have gone in on, then I simply get on again.

First off, thanks for the detailed answer. Knowing that you're like a trading war-machine (I don't know how many tools you have under your belt that you might mix when you see them on the chart :lol: ), when you say 'as it moves' do you mean as it moves within the candle? Or do you add with wick-style entries / wait for pullbacks / something entirely different ? Or is it like a very 'gut' feel thing?

Yes...
Yes...
Yes...
Yes...and...
Yes.

Sorry, couldn't resist it :lol:

Seriously though, if price is off and running, then yes, I will enter as it is in motion inside the candle.

If a trade has been running and has settled into a rhythm, then I will look for more standard entries, simply because they will in effect be new trades.

With this type of scalping, this is more often than not going to be pullback.

Whether that pullback is run naked as a simple bounce off the ma or cloud, or a Fib-Retrace, 50% pullback, Z-Line or any combination of the above, just depends on what I see happening in front of me, whatever fits.

As for gut, well, for sure it's inevitable that that plays a part at some level, you don't trade for as long as I have without building a stock of gut instinct in reserve.

However just as much as that, there is also the level of knowledge gained by learning your chosen instrument as well as you can - you just get to know the way it moves so well, that you can just tell when there is something "off" and that that lovely, placid move you've just ridden down to the beach for a nice paddle is about to turn and bite you on the ass.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:48 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Yes...
Yes...
Yes...
Yes...and...
Yes.

haha!

if you'd only reply with that
i would faint
im gluten free intolerant

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:19 pm

I keep meaning to get my charts up to give a run down of the last day (now week) and just never seem to get to it - shocking way to run a circus...however, I will for sure get it done over the next couple of days.

In the meantime, here's that Russ2K set up that I talked about previously. Yep, it did eventually get going and (they) are still going strong.

Russ2K H4

Sitting at +21.4 +27.2

RUSS2K-H4-BigBoyPants-egforyou18thJune19tworunningat+21.4+27.2.png
RUSS2K-H4-BigBoyPants-egforyou18thJune19tworunningat+21.4+27.2.png (101.87 KiB) Viewed 7844 times

I could quite easily have been maximising the return on this by hedge-scalping the retraces but tbh, I had kind of forgotten about it :shock: and so it's just been getting on with things on its own.

The DAX would also have been a good option at around the same time.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”