Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 am

Sandra wrote:Could you please be so kind to tell me what the settings you are using on the 1 min charts for the Ichi Cloud Indi? I would like to follow along.

Sandra

LeMercenaire wrote:Another day of having to be elsewhere and only managed to squeeze in 10 mins or so at the end of the UK day in front of the screens.

Paid off, though, so no complaints.

US30 1-min Trade #1 for +5.8

US30trade1onjune6thendofdayfor+5.8.png

US30 1-min Trades #2 and #3 for +3.2 and +8.2 [+11.4]

US30trades2and3onjune6thendofdayfor+3.2and+8.2.png

So total: +17.2

Happy with that for sure.

Hi Sandra.

The Cloud is a Lightning Cloud (from The Thunder & Lightning technique) and the settings are 7/12/15 for mt4.

They are 7/12/15/6 for cTrader.

Use Kumo only, no Tenkan, Kijun, and Chikou.

Add 20 period ema.

In the full Thunder & Lightning method, HA candles are used and you can still do that for Lightning only, however I am using standard candles here.

I do use the HA on the 5-min chart as my bias confirmation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:33 am

Posting early today as going to be busy elsewhere through the rest of the sessions and not likely to get back on for a while.

Anyway, happy enough.

Jumped on board The DAX as always to begin...

Trades #1 and #2 DAX 1-min +2.5 +3.5 [+6]

Trades1and2DAX7thJune19for+3.5+2.5.png
Trades1and2DAX7thJune19for+3.5+2.5.png (45 KiB) Viewed 3293 times

Trade #3 US30 1-min +5.2

Trade3US307thjune19for+5.2.png
Trade3US307thjune19for+5.2.png (41.12 KiB) Viewed 3293 times

Trades #4 and #5 DAX 1-min +1 +2.5 [+3.5]

Trades4and5DAXfor+1+2.5june7th19.png
Trades4and5DAXfor+1+2.5june7th19.png (43.96 KiB) Viewed 3293 times

Trades #6, #7 and #8 DAX 1-min +1.5 +3 +4.5 [+9]

Trades6and7and8DAXfor+4.5+3+1.5june7th19.png
Trades6and7and8DAXfor+4.5+3+1.5june7th19.png (44.31 KiB) Viewed 3293 times

So all in:

DAX +18.5

US30 +5.2

Trade well all. Back later.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 pm

I'll be keeping an eye on the Russ2k next week, as things look to be heading for a flip to the upside.

Russ2k H4

RUSS2K-H4-settingupfornextweek7thJune19.png
RUSS2K-H4-settingupfornextweek7thJune19.png (94.81 KiB) Viewed 3263 times

RUSS2kasLineChart7thJune19.png
RUSS2kasLineChart7thJune19.png (100.34 KiB) Viewed 3263 times

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:01 am

Hey Lem, I was catching up with the thread, and I really like the way you scalp the Dax using the M1 chart. A few bites here, a few bites there, and they add up quite a bit at the end of the day.

I read one of your replies in this last page to set up the chart for the M1 with the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo and the EMA, but I noticed that you're not using the MACD Histograms in those charts. Given that they're the first part of the trigger (at least the way you explained in the first page), do you not use them here? Or is there a difference in the approach when going into the M1?

Thanks in advance!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:54 am

Jhx wrote:Hey Lem, I was catching up with the thread, and I really like the way you scalp the Dax using the M1 chart. A few bites here, a few bites there, and they add up quite a bit at the end of the day.

I read one of your replies in this last page to set up the chart for the M1 with the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo and the EMA, but I noticed that you're not using the MACD Histograms in those charts. Given that they're the first part of the trigger (at least the way you explained in the first page), do you not use them here? Or is there a difference in the approach when going into the M1?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the confusion. There are actually two overlapping variants here. I use the histograms mostly on the longer time frames now. Yes, I have used them on the m1 in the past but have dropped them now. Occasionally they may appear on a posted chart but that will usually be because I have used an m1 entry on a chart that was set up for H4 or whatever, to save opening a new stand alone chart.

When I use the Lightning Cloud on its own especially, down on the m1 chart, I find the additional info from the histograms was just getting in the way. I found I was actually forgetting to check them as I was happy with the cloud and pa around the ma.

Remember that initially, the double histograms come from the higher time frame method and I feel they are much more useful used in that way. See the H4 Russ 2K play for example.

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 pm

Thanks for the answer Lem.

I setup my M1 chart (on the USSPX500) and watched it for a few hours this morning, and I noticed it bounce off the EMA and/or the cloud often. Not sure if that's what I should be looking at. For example in some of your charts I see price bouncing off those as well, but sometimes I see the EMA crossing the cloud in both ways making somewhat clean moves.

If the entry criteria is price being above / below the EMA and the cloud:
I'm not entirely sure if there's a 'right' way to enter and approach it though. Do you use different entry methods? Do you trade the bounce or the 'flip' to the other side?

Unrelated side note, there's usually not many methods that use the M1 charts. I can watch at the M1 all day because it keeps me focused and I can see it move tick by tick (something that I can't seem to do with higher timeframes).

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:07 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Jhx wrote:Hey Lem, I was catching up with the thread, and I really like the way you scalp the Dax using the M1 chart. A few bites here, a few bites there, and they add up quite a bit at the end of the day.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the confusion. There are actually two overlapping variants here. I use the histograms mostly on the longer time frames now. Yes, I have used them on the m1 in the past but have dropped them now. Occasionally they may appear on a posted chart but that will usually be because I have used an m1 entry on a chart that was set up for H4 or whatever, to save opening a new stand alone chart.

When I use the Lightning Cloud on its own especially, down on the m1 chart, I find the additional info from the histograms was just getting in the way. I found I was actually forgetting to check them as I was happy with the cloud and pa around the ma.

Remember that initially, the double histograms come from the higher time frame method and I feel they are much more useful used in that way. See the H4 Russ 2K play for example.

Lem I too like your 1min play. Shows that it really ‘doesn’t matter what you trade, but how you trade it’ In regards to the the Pa around the Ma, can please elaborate on this abit.

I think I see what you see, but I may be off. I see pin rejections off the ma, Also I see your trading against opposite Momo. Not necessarily waiting for a close beyond the Opmomo, but looking for a zline abit retrace and entry.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 pm

I'll come back to the questions posed above in a mo.

For now, I'll stick up today's charts.

I have been out since just after about 09:00 and came back in at maybe 16:00, faffed around dealing with this, that and the other and then eventually pulled up the US30 and discovered I'd missed a stonker of a drop.

Oh well, what can ya' do...

Well, jump right in and grab something!!!

Trades #1 and #2 +6.2 +10.2 [+16.4]

Trade1and2onUS30-GotSomethingLol-10thJune19for+6.2+10.2.png
Trade1and2onUS30-GotSomethingLol-10thJune19for+6.2+10.2.png (40.76 KiB) Viewed 3101 times

Ran a third at the same time and closed it as soon as it looked dead in the water, which was pretty much straight away.

Trade #3 +1.5

UK100forasmallprofitof+1.5june10th19.png
UK100forasmallprofitof+1.5june10th19.png (39.04 KiB) Viewed 3101 times

Then just as I was closing things down, this one fell into my lap - a classic case of right-place-right-time.

Trade #4 +20

US30rightplacerighttimeforLastEndOfDay+20june10th19.png
US30rightplacerighttimeforLastEndOfDay+20june10th19.png (38.56 KiB) Viewed 3101 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Actually, I forgot. First thing this morning, pre KO, I did get this one.

DAX T-25 Chart +4.25

A-DAXY-morning-move-10thjune19.png
A-DAXY-morning-move-10thjune19.png (50.94 KiB) Viewed 3098 times

I admit that when I went in on this, I had forgotten that it was a Bank Holiday in Germany, France and Switzerland today, lol.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Jhx wrote:Thanks for the answer Lem.

I setup my M1 chart (on the USSPX500) and watched it for a few hours this morning, and I noticed it bounce off the EMA and/or the cloud often. Not sure if that's what I should be looking at. For example in some of your charts I see price bouncing off those as well, but sometimes I see the EMA crossing the cloud in both ways making somewhat clean moves.

If the entry criteria is price being above / below the EMA and the cloud:
I'm not entirely sure if there's a 'right' way to enter and approach it though. Do you use different entry methods? Do you trade the bounce or the 'flip' to the other side?

Unrelated side note, there's usually not many methods that use the M1 charts. I can watch at the M1 all day because it keeps me focused and I can see it move tick by tick (something that I can't seem to do with higher timeframes).

Hi Jhx.

There is a basic sequence of events leading to an entry. How far into that sequence you go will determine how aggressive your entry will be.

At the heart of it, is that mantra that Price Above Cloud, go Long...Price Below Cloud, go Short.

This can be blurred by the extremely aggressive entry that comes as price is rising into the cloud. Not when the cloud is still directional but when it has indicated a turn (colour change and angle). This is dangerous territory though and can bite you on the ass. I really wouldn't recommend it, certainly without any other confirmation.

I will very rarely take the first break through the cloud, instead then moving on to the usual suspects of pa.

This will usually involve a pullback to the ma. Occasionally, price will travel past the ma and turn instead at the cloud itself. The farther the ma from the cloud at the time, the more likelihood it'll bounce off the ma.

If you go in at the ma on a standard candle (not a rejection), then be prepared for it to keep on going for a while. Your Dead Man Stop is generally the other side of the cloud, so should you wish to fade the move back, then feel free to fill y'er boots, if you are comfortable using that technique. There would also be the option to Counter Trade if that is more your thing.

If you do take a price as you get the move through and out the other side of the cloud, then should you get the usual pullback, that is also an opportunity to hedge that move back, then add-in as it turns back in the original direction. However, this is more a technique to use on the higher time frames imo.

I'll continue this conversation into the next answer to Leo.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”