Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:24 am

I said above that this method didn't really fully click on the Daily tf. That's not strictly true. No, it doesn't work to be traded in quite the same way as the H4 and H12 (the cycles are generally too short) however what it does do is give a very effective Daily Bias and in effect you could even trade a single Daily candle, either internally or as a stand alone move, almost as a Buy Zone concept, with a single direction move from the KO.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

gilly

Postby gilly » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:37 pm

I took a long hiatus from trading due to umm.. life. Bought a house (always something to work on), got a promotion (worked many more hours), did a major basement remodel (mostly by myself), took a new a job (lots of a learning) and this list goes on. Long story short, I just started reading up again because trading for a living has been a dream of mine since I first started college, now 14 years later I'm still holding on and I'm ready to dedicate the time needed to sit down and really learn the ins and outs. I started reading some of your old messages you sent to me back many moons ago from a different land and I'm excited to learn from you again. I genuinely can't thank you and TRO enough for the time and effort you both put in trying to help others like myself, words will never be able to capture the gratitude I have for both of you. Sorry to hijack the thread with that rant, but I'm excited for what this thread will evolve into!

forexhell

Postby forexhell » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Lem --> =D> :smt023

Have a great weekend !
Tom

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:35 pm

gilly wrote:I took a long hiatus from trading due to umm.. life. Bought a house (always something to work on), got a promotion (worked many more hours), did a major basement remodel (mostly by myself), took a new a job (lots of a learning) and this list goes on. Long story short, I just started reading up again because trading for a living has been a dream of mine since I first started college, now 14 years later I'm still holding on and I'm ready to dedicate the time needed to sit down and really learn the ins and outs. I started reading some of your old messages you sent to me back many moons ago from a different land and I'm excited to learn from you again. I genuinely can't thank you and TRO enough for the time and effort you both put in trying to help others like myself, words will never be able to capture the gratitude I have for both of you. Sorry to hijack the thread with that rant, but I'm excited for what this thread will evolve into!

Woo-Hoo! Gilly! Welcome back - I was thinking about you over the last couple of days, as I had seen you appearing now and again, both here and The Other Place, while staying in the background.

So glad you've come out of the shadows.

Anyway, thanks to you also for the kind words. If there is one thing I want this thread to become, it's that it can maybe, just maybe, help some traders onto solid ground and provide a foundation to build on.

Welcome back again and always feel free to rant!

(Congrats on the new house, by the way! I won't congratulate you on the new job, as you'll be giving that up soon :P )

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:38 pm

forexhell wrote:Lem --> =D> :smt023

Have a great weekend !
Tom

You too, Tom and to all here.

Out and about just now - back later.

Columba

Postby Columba » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Lem, if you are discussing it, it will be well worth our listening. Carefully.

Plus, we should always be attentive to a man with a new boiler for he will be warm and think clearly. Most of us in North American have been quite literally freezing for days now. The weather people describe it as generational (as in occuring once per) cold

And, finally, someone (else) who sees some utility in Ichimoku. Nice.

C

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:I've been thinking about where to begin this journey. My usual stuff is already out there and if anyone wants info - everyone knows to just ask. No, I wanted to kick off with something new (or new-ish anyway).

By that, I mean you will have seen all the individual elements before but as I said in my intro, I have been trying to replicate / approximate the kind of methods I once used. Reason being, they were based in the longer time frames.

Thing is, this still ties into my work just now, as in reality, these can be converted quite easily to run on the scalping grounds, so nothing really has to be learned anew.

So to start with I was looking at the H4. This particular doo-dah also runs very nicely on H12 but not always on Daily. Reason being, there is almost by definition, a certain amount of information lag once you get into the Daily. So for now, I'll set that aside. We'll come back to it later with something else.

Ok. The chart and its elements.

H4 (Here AU, which seems to be well suited).

Screenshot 2019-01-31 at 20.52.52 - Edited.png

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (9 16 52 0)
We include the Tenkan Sen along with the Senkou Span A and Senkou Span B but not Kijun Sen or Chikou Span.
MACD Histogram (5 3 3 0) (In Upper Window)
MACD Histogram (26 12 9 0) (In Lower Window)
EMA 30 (Close 0)

This is a method so devoid of tension and hassle, so supremely laid back, that you'd think it had been taken out of school and raised on a farm by Cheech and Chong.

We can investigate the subtleties involved in the trade management and even best-price entry techniques and how to maximise your return at a later date. For now, the basics are:

The Lower MACD gives directional bias.
The Upper MACD is involved in the trigger. It is the hammer on the gun, if you will. One step removed from ''bang''!

If we were looking for a long entry, we would be looking at the L-MACD to show in the upper half, ideally having just moved into the upper half from the lower.
We then wait until the U-MACD gets over onto the same side too. Now, we don't want to be going in here, what we are looking for is for the U-MACD to drop back down to the lower half and then if / when it turns back up, that's when we look to get in on the action.

Now, I've gone over the MACD stuff first but that's actually not a prerequisite, as each of these listed ''steps'' is of equal importance. Bearing that in mind, we'd then also be looking for price to be above (a) the cloud and (b) the 30 EMA.

We can suffer it being just inside or flirting with the edge but it needs to be giving signs of wanting to leave.

I could begin to talk about the way you can take the angle of the cloud into account. Or price sitting between the EMA and Tenkan Sen and what signal candles we can find in there.

Or how fibs can give you an insight into the invisible lines-in-the-sand we seek to fine tune or give us confidence in our entries.

However, for now, I won't, as that's going to lead us into how we act once we're in a trade and how to stack and...and...and...

We'll get to that. For now, if this is something that may be of interest, maybe chuck the stuff on a spare chart. See what you think.

Some pairs will suit more than others, I've got it on AU here as I know it suits that pair. Just a cursory look back in time will let you know if the one you are looking at has a chance of working out. If not, into the bin with it and find one that does.

Once again, I can 100% guarantee that you will have seen most if not all of these elements used elsewhere before, I make no claim to ownership of any of the techniques here. I have read, studied, been taught and used, so many different techniques that I genuinely couldn't tell you where I first saw or heard about any of them. The point is, nothing here is commercial property and so we are free to use them as we please.

After all, all we are doing here is building a base framework into which we can look to fit our fine tuning born out of the fine work done here on Kreslik already.

A little bit of cross breeding never did anyone any harm, right :P

I SEE SQUIGGLEYS :shock:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Columba

Postby Columba » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:42 pm

Quick look at a few pairs on the H4 (good TF for me). The xJ pairs, of course with the Ichi in play, plus it looks like NU and GU and the aforementioned AU, possibly others from the xU family and maybe some other strays. At about two entries a month, maybe more or less, it looks like a very interesting dish you are cooking up.

Quite interested in your next discussion on this.

BlindMan

Postby BlindMan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:02 pm

Quick questions Lem if you don't mind.

LeMercenaire wrote:Thing is, this still ties into my work just now, as in reality, these can be converted quite easily to run on the scalping grounds, so nothing really has to be learned anew.

So you can use this with higher timeframes and lower timeframes?

LeMercenaire wrote:Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (9 16 52 0)
We include the Tenkan Sen along with the Senkou Span A and Senkou Span B but not Kijun Sen or Chikou Span.
MACD Histogram (5 3 3 0) (In Upper Window)
MACD Histogram (26 12 9 0) (In Lower Window)
EMA 30 (Close 0)

I get how you use them, but how did you come up with those numbers for the parameters? Or, why do you use those specific settings?

Thanks!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:29 pm

Columba wrote:Lem, if you are discussing it, it will be well worth our listening. Carefully.

Plus, we should always be attentive to a man with a new boiler for he will be warm and think clearly. Most of us in North American have been quite literally freezing for days now. The weather people describe it as generational (as in occuring once per) cold

And, finally, someone (else) who sees some utility in Ichimoku. Nice.

C

Lol, I used to live in Chicago, I hear what you're saying about cold.

-40, lol.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”