free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Lem's Big Box O' Stuff.

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:37 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
I thought you said thats what you want to do, use higher timeframe "Deadhorse"?

It's not so much what I want to do, that is more what was an interesting subject/project for on here.

More and more I am having it confirmed that it is obvious that Dead Horse works just as easily and well on htf and the best way to tweak it is to match it with a pair that suits the method (like EA on the 15-min).

Each pair/stock/option/future etc. Has its own characteristics.
It takes some effort to pair up a strategy with the vehicle you use.

I have found dead horse works on different vehicles and time frames but not all.

I know a guy that traded one stock all year with one method and made 7 figures.

Many variables out there to figure out.

Like me with the DAX last couple of years and then its behaviour changed, almost it seemed, overnight and it became much less tradeable (for me and what I wanted).

Interestingly, after having moved over to other more suitable targets, it seems like it may be reverting to habits of old just lately. Going to keep an eye on it and see what's what.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

ikdenk

Postby ikdenk » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:49 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
It's not so much what I want to do, that is more what was an interesting subject/project for on here.

More and more I am having it confirmed that it is obvious that Dead Horse works just as easily and well on htf and the best way to tweak it is to match it with a pair that suits the method (like EA on the 15-min).

I have found dead horse works on different vehicles and time frames but not all.

Like me with the DAX last couple of years and then its behaviour changed, almost it seemed, overnight and it became much less tradeable (for me and what I wanted).

Interestingly, after having moved over to other more suitable targets, it seems like it may be reverting to habits of old just lately. Going to keep an eye on it and see what's what.

It's a pity you can't (or maybe YOU can) put your finger on it exactly WHAT has changed. You probably notice that the regular set-ups don't repeat so often or that the failure rate increases to unacceptable levels.

I found with indices that time of the day determines what can be traded, just because of the spread changes. I trade aus200 during the day (NZ), uk100 at the London Open and nas100 in the morning two hours before close, actually between two and one hour before close because the spread doubles 1 hour before the close.

All three using the same 'method': 1min chart with Kijun-sen and SS SupportResistance.

I have collected 140 of your 1 min charts -thanks very much for sharing these, particularly the ones with the trade levels on it!

Lvup7

Postby Lvup7 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:14 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

I rather lure in the shadows for my own sake, but this warrants an healthy conversation. Markets change behavior? To what to extent? When you are working of fixed points of reference High/Low/open/close there isnt much room to change your behavior. Your basically confiding yourself in a box over and over again. Box after box Up and Down, thats it. This in itself is the holy grail.

Human being are excellent manipulators. When we try to manipulate the market and make it look more pretty perhaps more accepting of our biases "MAs, Supply and demand". S/R, RSI etc.." we see constant or eventual change. Only by embracing true chaos, and appreciating the limitations of the markets we'll see it for what it is. Boxes/bars been painting up and down.

Are you sure its the Dax that changed behavior or was it your perception of what believe to be true?

No way am I trying to attack you, respect you too much for that. Just a different perceptive here, try to go back to see how you could traded the DAX differently? Maybe you'll learning something new.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Lvup7 wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

I rather lure in the shadows for my own sake, but this warrants an healthy conversation. Markets change behavior? To what to extent? When you are working of fixed points of reference High/Low/open/close there isnt much room to change your behavior. Your basically confiding yourself in a box over and over again. Box after box Up and Down, thats it. This in itself is the holy grail.

Human being are excellent manipulators. When we try to manipulate the market and make it look more pretty perhaps more accepting of our biases "MAs, Supply and demand". S/R, RSI etc.." we see constant or eventual change. Only by embracing true chaos, and appreciating the limitations of the markets we'll see it for what it is. Boxes/bars been painting up and down.

Are you sure its the Dax that changed behavior or was it your perception of what believe to be true?

No way am I trying to attack you, respect you too much for that. Just a different perceptive here, try to go back to see how you could traded the DAX differently? Maybe you'll learning something new.

I'm still in the camp of "market characteristics change" to prove this one only needs to look at the ATR.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:39 am

Lvup7 wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

No way am I trying to attack you, respect you too much for that. Just a different perceptive here, try to go back to see how you could traded the DAX differently? Ma
ybe you'll learning something new.

Markets are an artificial organic mechanism. The exoskeleton being the artifice we see on screen, with the internal organs the human beings that make the decisions (I am deliberately ignoring the super-computers that are also in the mix, as they are still technically overseen by humans).

As such, the markets are still ruled by human emotions and frailty. Sheep follow sheep. Wolves drive sheep.

You could write a book on this topic with little effort, so I won't blabber on. Think of it this way...every year, markets slow for any holiday. What about those holidays that shift? The markets still slow but now on the dates the year's holiday falls, not the previous date.

At its simplest, this shows how markets will change their behaviour.

As per specifically The DAX, this was effected by the political strife around Merkel and the final moves re Brexit, immigration, Covid - Merkel was being pummeled and sinking fast. Once that situation began to clear, or at least establish some stability, The DAX (the human fears) began to settle again.

As for my perception of things playing a part - well, yes and no. Of course it does in the sense of I am aware there is something going on but as to how that impacts on my trading brain, that's negligible. Although there is human input into the overall process, at its heart, I am following a very particular set of rules. If those rules aren't triggered by events, then I am not imagining that, I know for a fact that something has changed.

So long as I accept that and don't try to subconsciously fit the new events into my method and just instead accept that there are no trades today, then I will be fine.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:33 pm

Perfect Z-Line plays all over the place today (15 min charts). Great and easy way to finish the week/month.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:17 pm

Yes zlines and dead horse all day.
GBP was an ATM.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:32 pm

UJ seems to have been where the cool kids hang today.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:41 pm

=D> =D> =D>

Someone's 'avin' a larff...

USDJPYM15-havingalaugh24thAug2021crop.png
USDJPYM15-havingalaugh24thAug2021crop.png (31.71 KiB) Viewed 2493 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:55 am

LeMercenaire wrote:=D> =D> =D>

Someone's 'avin' a larff...

USDJPYM15-havingalaugh24thAug2021crop.png

Lol my brit isn't very good, I admit I had to look that up.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”