Learning the Rumpled One's Methods

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

AdamW

Re: Learning the Rumpled One's Methods

Postby AdamW » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:21 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
The_Snowman wrote:Simply by replying and referring you to all the threads and videos, TRO implies that he is a successful trader

Ask him to show some actual proof before wasting too much time on something that may or may not work

Think about it :shock:

I have been around trading since 1977. I have been online trading since 2001, if I remember correctly. In the past, I have posted numerous statements to "prove" to some people. I do NOT do that anymore. Why? Some people are never satisfied. I have no need to prove anything. If you want my proof, then google search. Should be there unless those forums have deleted my threads and posts.

Just because something works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. My methods are grounded in statistics. Buy Zone has been proven mathematically, geometrically, physically and statistically. That's hard to beat. I show frequency distributions to show people how I developed the methods I use. Either you understand it or you don't.

It all boils down to one simple thing: TRADE WHAT YOU SEE. If you can't "see it", you can't trade it.

Rumple,

I am not asking for results, I have googled you extensively and I like your simple approach.

Thanks.

PS - For some reason I cannot find the BUY ZONE thread, can you link to that?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:56 am

AdamW wrote:

PS - For some reason I cannot find the BUY ZONE thread, can you link to that?

Here you go.

The_Snowman

Postby The_Snowman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 am

AdamW wrote:
The_Snowman wrote:Simply by replying and referring you to all the threads and videos, TRO implies that he is a successful trader

Ask him to show some actual proof before wasting too much time on something that may or may not work

Snowman,

What has your experience been with TRO's methods?

I'm not real sure what the methods are, I've never seen any actual entry, stop loss or take profit rules, let alone any results.

However, I love the indicators, I'm sure they work some of the time :D

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:02 pm

The_Snowman wrote:
I'm not real sure what the methods are, I've never seen any actual entry, stop loss or take profit rules, let alone any results.

However, I love the indicators, I'm sure they work some of the time :D

Being a c-nt must be an Australian thing :lol:

The methods (trade setups) are spelled out perfectly.

The second part is true; in practice one does not perfectly follow the rules, but that doesn't mean that the variation is 'the real trade': the method is a template to which you attach a trading plan; hence the differences in the way that people trade it.

"However, I love [looking at] the indicators [but i have no experience using them]"

Isn't that what the last sentence reduces to?

That's fine, what do you use that works for you (I won't ask you for bank statements :wink:)?

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:02 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:

I have been around trading since 1977. I have been online trading since 2001, if I remember correctly. In the past, I have posted numerous statements to "prove" to some people. I do NOT do that anymore. Why? Some people are never satisfied. I have no need to prove anything. If you want my proof, then google search. Should be there unless those forums have deleted my threads and posts.

Just because something works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. My methods are grounded in statistics. Buy Zone has been proven mathematically, geometrically, physically and statistically. That's hard to beat. I show frequency distributions to show people how I developed the methods I use. Either you understand it or you don't.

It all boils down to one simple thing: TRADE WHAT YOU SEE. If you can't "see it", you can't trade it.

Hey Tro,

Regarding buyzone and stocks. I remember you stated somewhere, this is only way you would trade stocks. What would you recommend as a distance between open and the zones? Thanks in advance.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:37 am

Leoheart wrote:Hey Tro,

Regarding buyzone and stocks. I remember you stated somewhere, this is only way you would trade stocks. What would you recommend as a distance between open and the zones? Thanks in advance.

The Buy Zone lines are set at open +/- 0.10 and open +/- 0.20.

Now, the IMPORTANT PART...

You have to run my MILK THE COWS filter on StockFetcher to find out which stocks are the best performers.

Think of stocks as THE JOB and the Buy Zone as THE TOOL.

You have THE TOOL, now you have to find THE JOBS it works on.

If you have a screwdriver, you use it to turn a screw but not a nut or nail.

Don't be like a baby with a hammer and make everything a nail.

UNDERSTAND?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:39 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
Leoheart wrote:Hey Tro,

The Buy Zone lines are set at open +/- 0.10 and open +/- 0.20.

Now, the IMPORTANT PART...

You have to run my MILK THE COWS filter on StockFetcher to find out which stocks are the best performers.

Think of stocks as THE JOB and the Buy Zone as THE TOOL.

You have THE TOOL, now you have to find THE JOBS it works on.

If you have a screwdriver, you use it to turn a screw but not a nut or nail.

Don't be like a baby with a hammer and make everything a nail.

UNDERSTAND?

Yes Sir, Understood. Thank You much.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”