free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
If I had 3 thumbs, I would give them up here. As always, You are the 'man'. Lem, I have been thinking but too shy to ask :oops: I would love to learn how you tackled the higher TFs trades as a prop trader. Maybe start thread on that stuff for us humble folks?

Edit: In Red: What am I not seeing? Its a up trending Channel?

Another Edit: Look to the left of what exactly, what is reference point? Is it first red arrow on the left side of the chart.

I have considered a thread of some sort in the past. I don't want to rehash ideas from elsewhere, however. It would have to be something different. Still a trade-a-line approach, 'coz that's my thing now but it needs a new angle of some sort.

Also the problems with me talking about my previous work and by extension the long(er) time-frame trades I run now, is that so much of it made and makes use of prop software that although I still have access to and use, I would not be able to share or show images of.

I don't think it's fair that I am posting up trades without being able to show the full picture behind the entry decisions.

However, if I can think of a way to do so, then I will certainly consider it.

I am also looking at a method that is something new but I will be running it for a while before letting it see the full light of day. I won't be wasting anyone's time on something that ultimately goes nowhere.

In red, forexmentoronline:

Nice read, but I don't know if I agree with this bit:

"The large institutions who operate in the forex market all collaborate together in which direction their planning to take the market and then manipulate the prices so it makes everyone think the market is going to go in the opposite direction to the way in which they are going to be placing their trades."

Its stated in "matter of fact" sort of way. Its like one big (combined) corporation controlling all the flow. You know what I imagine, when I read this. I see a bunch of suits calling each other up:

Corp A -Hey Bob, how are you. How are the wife and kids?
Corp B- Bob: Oh just swell Tom. Little jimmy joined the boy shouts.
Tom: Oh thats really cool man, hey btw are in the mood short Eurtry.

Bob: Yea sure why not. Let me contact Cindy and get her on board.

I believe the author is not considering the competion among these corporation. There maybe some collaboration internal, but not all together. Lol. Everyone simply has to trade the charts and pick up the flow for themselves.

If I am wrong just do a "Hey mcfly anyone home" . I am cool with it.

Yeah, I agree. That's more like the author egging the pudding. I wasn't so interested in that, in fact I don't even remember reading it. I was more referring to the technical aspects of S+D.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:39 pm

I get the sentiment but “Rainbow buddies” might attract some other type of unwanted attention :oops: :lol:

Leoheart wrote:
Libertarian wrote:Hi Leo, check this out. They aren’t that nice :shock: :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forex_scandal

The whole time I am reading this, I am thinking to myself how unoriginal are the chatroom names were ‘the cartel’ ‘the mafia’. Shows the level of creativity (pounding my head against a wall).

Why not use a name like ‘Rainbow buddies’, so less obvious and easier to fly under the radar.

They may be able to move the markets to some degree, but the likes of these characters are definitely not the ‘sharpest tools in the shed’.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Libertarian wrote:I get the sentiment but “Rainbow buddies” might attract some other type of unwanted attention :oops: :lol:

Leoheart wrote:
Libertarian wrote:Hi Leo, check this out. They aren’t that nice :shock: :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forex_scandal

The whole time I am reading this, I am thinking to myself how unoriginal are the chatroom names were ‘the cartel’ ‘the mafia’. Shows the level of creativity (pounding my head against a wall).

Why not use a name like ‘Rainbow buddies’, so less obvious and easier to fly under the radar.

They may be able to move the markets to some degree, but the likes of these characters are definitely not the ‘sharpest tools in the shed’.

HA! I hear you. Not my problem, nor my business.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Great show! Enjoyed every episode.

Following the strategy by dchappy, tried trading of the first M15. Also tried pre-open M15. Both worked great for a point each.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:48 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Ok, here's a couple of things that may (or may not) be of interest. Only you guys can say if it is or not.

There's nothing new or sparkly here but it is a basic grounding with a couple of things that may get you thinking.

This chart is from here:

https://dailypriceaction.com/forex-begi ... and-demand

You see where the chart is marked? Yep, pretty obvious, right? However, what is often missed is this - look left from those areas. See?

trend-line-support-and-look-left-SURPRISE!.png

This is a second free site that contains some information you won't hear elsewhere:

https://www.forexmentoronline.com/the-o ... ing-guide/

Finally, have a look here:

https://www.tradeciety.com/the-6-golden ... nd-demand/

These three will be a good starting point to give a background to the concept.

Before you get reading, however. There is one thing that most new traders (and a good few not-so-new traders) don't get. The thing you most often hear spouted is that the idea is to wait for a bounce or rebound from an S+D Zone. Then, ''Eh? wth!!! Price blew right through that zone. What happened to the bounce? You talk a load of mince!''

Now, you see, the thing is, most think of the S+D Zones the wrong way. What you need to realise is that you should think instead of price being ''sucked toward'' the zones.

Pro traders will be trading the move towards a zone, not only waiting for price to get to it.

Anyway, that'll keep you going for now :P

Super late to the party. But overall I see price turning at a pivot. It happened at all four blue boxes. The very top one closed past the pivot, but then closed back over it, thus creating a reversal pattern.

trend-line-support-and-look-left-SURPRISE!.png
trend-line-support-and-look-left-SURPRISE!.png (58.75 KiB) Viewed 4242 times

Here is my current long term GU.

Price came into a demand zone on the monthly and also had fib confluence.

GBPUSDMonthly.png
GBPUSDMonthly.png (41.45 KiB) Viewed 4242 times

The origin of the move on the daily lined up with the monthly supply zone (1.4300-.4400)

GBPUSDDaily.png
GBPUSDDaily.png (46.9 KiB) Viewed 4242 times

Then we get a reversal pattern on the the 4hr and a close above the "pause and go" teal box. With price retracing to it but not closing under it. Longs look good to me.

GBPUSDH4.png
GBPUSDH4.png (51.27 KiB) Viewed 4242 times

Plus check out the dollar index chart and that should help confirm a weak dollar.

But the big unknown is the possible Brexit deal. I ve only been trading for just a few years and stuff like that puts me on edge.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:01 am

And since this is the ES thread.

Here is a Elliot wave pattern trade (in my mind that I took). After the move up, looked for the sell of (A), then the retracement (B), which was then sold and held to the length of A for the (c) leg. Then we looked for a bounce, since the C leg put us at a fib. That's about as far as my EW knowledge goes and maybe I got lucky who knows.

US500IndexDaily.png1.png
US500IndexDaily.png1.png (48.32 KiB) Viewed 4242 times

I read some where my whole trade (A,B,C) was just the A leg and that the

US500IndexDaily.png
US500IndexDaily.png (46.97 KiB) Viewed 4242 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 am

As there's someone awake and here lol, I'll post my HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! wishes here.

Here's to a great year, folks!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:42 am

A couple day trades on the ES using S&D/pivots whatever you want to call it. Just marked the price action I look for not the exact entry, stops or exit.

US500IndexH1.png
US500IndexH1.png (34.86 KiB) Viewed 4230 times
US500IndexM15.png
US500IndexM15.png (40.66 KiB) Viewed 4230 times
US500IndexM15.png1.png
US500IndexM15.png1.png (49.26 KiB) Viewed 4230 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:44 am

LeMercenaire wrote:As there's someone awake and here lol, I'll post my HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! wishes here.

Here's to a great year, folks!

Haha. Yea I live a sad boring life. Happy New Year to you to Lem. And a big thank you from myself and all the members for all you share and help with.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:07 am

The pound had a range of 120 pips or so last week. Using the simple idea of S&D/pivots you could still have made a pretty penny.

GBPUSDH4.png2.png
GBPUSDH4.png2.png (48.93 KiB) Viewed 4229 times

GBPUSDM15.png2.png
GBPUSDM15.png2.png (52.57 KiB) Viewed 4229 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”