Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

Postby Mira » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:01 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Hi guys.

You seem to have sussed things out without me getting involved, so I won't muddy the water unless any more clarity is needed.

Basically, the Dead Zone method uses the one hour candle from noon to 13:00 uk time as your range and no matter which variant you are going to use, you are looking to take advantage of the movement that comes at the US Open.

The ES does behave slightly differently to the other FX pairs and in fact, because of this quirk, it lends itself more to DC's take on Wanna's Tramlines, going in heavy for the +1. This in turn, grew out of the Buy Zone concept.

With The Dead Zone away from the ES, yes, I do have more involved but equally, you can do the same thing there if that suits you better. In fact, as I mentioned above, it is no coincidence that the pairs I have on my watch-list for The Dead Zone are near enough the same ones that I was running in the trial for the Buy Zone Revisited I had on the other thread.

I run it as a Wick Zone set-up, that is I use the upper and lower wicks (of the one hour candle) as micro Supply + Demand Zones. I will then trade that extended range, including its two zones, out into the day. The move does not have to come immediately.

If the initial entry goes negative before any profit is taken, then a counter-trade is entered. That locks in any negative as a ''floating loss''. You can leave it like that till the end of time and it will never get any worse (swaps not included if they were to come into play).

I will then either leave it till I get another pure trigger entry - which could be the next day - or I will look to unwind that negative by scalping it away. I use my stand alone scalping method to do that.

For those not able to run large accounts or who have stuck to European brokers in general, the ESMA regs have kind of put a dampner on that, as the ability to run more than a couple, maybe three, trades at the same time has been severely hobbled. However, with a little bit of jiggerey-pokery, it is perfectly possible to run this without counter-trading.

To be honest, when traders first come to the method, the aspect they find the most difficult to get their heads around is the countering. I think maybe you need to have a certain brain wiring loop to like using it and to just ''get it''. I dunno.

Thank you LeM!

I gave a look to several “dead hr” bars and now I see how you are trading them.
On m5-m1 price creates micro S/Ds around the H1 High/Low, an idea could be trading the breakout of an opposite zone when the range is thin and watching for a sort of DWZ when the range is large. :-k

It’s simple but one should have a good trigger and a good system to cut losses.

I like the idea of countering, even if I’d need to go deeper about it.

Very good stuff to work with, BTW! :D
I’m going to take some demo trade.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:22 am

Mira wrote:

You seem to have sussed things out without me getting involved, so I won't muddy the water unless any more clarity is needed.

Basically, the Dead Zone method uses the one hour candle from noon to 13:00 uk time as your range and no matter which variant you are going to use, you are looking to take advantage of the movement that comes at the US Open.

The ES does behave slightly differently to the other FX pairs and in fact, because of this quirk, it lends itself more to DC's take on Wanna's Tramlines, going in heavy for the +1. This in turn, grew out of the Buy Zone concept.

With The Dead Zone away from the ES, yes, I do have more involved but equally, you can do the same thing there if that suits you better. In fact, as I mentioned above, it is no coincidence that the pairs I have on my watch-list for The Dead Zone are near enough the same ones that I was running in the trial for the Buy Zone Revisited I had on the other thread.

I run it as a Wick Zone set-up, that is I use the upper and lower wicks (of the one hour candle) as micro Supply + Demand Zones. I will then trade that extended range, including its two zones, out into the day. The move does not have to come immediately.

If the initial entry goes negative before any profit is taken, then a counter-trade is entered. That locks in any negative as a ''floating loss''. You can leave it like that till the end of time and it will never get any worse (swaps not included if they were to come into play).

I will then either leave it till I get another pure trigger entry - which could be the next day - or I will look to unwind that negative by scalping it away. I use my stand alone scalping method to do that.

For those not able to run large accounts or who have stuck to European brokers in general, the ESMA regs have kind of put a dampner on that, as the ability to run more than a couple, maybe three, trades at the same time has been severely hobbled. However, with a little bit of jiggerey-pokery, it is perfectly possible to run this without counter-trading.

To be honest, when traders first come to the method, the aspect they find the most difficult to get their heads around is the countering. I think maybe you need to have a certain brain wiring loop to like using it and to just ''get it''. I dunno.

Thank you LeM!

On m5-m1 price creates micro S/Ds around the H1 High/Low, an idea could be trading the breakout of an opposite zone when the range is thin and watching for a sort of DWZ when the range is large.
:-k

That's exactly it. The base set-up gives you the info that you need to then use whatever variant of the method that suits your own style.

If you are interested, there is a nice reverse-break method that my friend Billy uses over in The Other Place. Look at the AU 04:00 - 08:00 bar (again, as always, UK time) and the main method is hunting a +5 break either way. However, (ignoring any WZ style entry), if that +5 move fails, the stats show (and honestly this guy is a stats-fiend, you can take them on trust) that there is a very large likelihood that price will then travel all the way back through that bar and hunt the ADR.

If you add a WZ entry on top, to capitalise on that drop through, it truly is a cash-machine. However, the original works just fine :lol:

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Thank you LeM!

On m5-m1 price creates micro S/Ds around the H1 High/Low, an idea could be trading the breakout of an opposite zone when the range is thin and watching for a sort of DWZ when the range is large.

That's exactly it. The base set-up gives you the info that you need to then use whatever variant of the method that suits your own style.

If you are interested, there is a nice reverse-break method that my friend Billy uses over in The Other Place. Look at the AU 04:00 - 08:00 bar (again, as always, UK time) and the main method is hunting a +5 break either way. However, (ignoring any WZ style entry), if that +5 move fails, the stats show (and honestly this guy is a stats-fiend, you can take them on trust) that there is a very large likelihood that price will then travel all the way back through that bar and hunt the ADR.

If you add a WZ entry on top, to capitalise on that drop through, it truly is a cash-machine. However, the original works just fine :lol:

Thanks LeM!

However the spread looks like something crucial, especially when you’re targeting one point :shock:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Thank you LeM!

Thanks LeM!

However the spread looks like something crucial, especially when you’re targeting one point :shock:

The target one point thing is only for the ES. Wanna jumped through the hoops and runs a true futures account.

For a normal Dead Zone, the target is +5.

I ran The DAX as a Dead Zone play today. That computer is now off and I'm on my phone but I will post up a chart later today.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Okay-madodoakaly...

Dead Zone play for today. Note, I haven't had a chance to check how the other pairs may have done. If, once I do, there are others that show something worthwhile talking about, I will post them up later.

Anyway, The DAX - The Monster of all Monsters. Probably the one instrument over all others that has such potential to make you rich with one hand and take your arm off with the other - often in the same 30 seconds.

Today was a simple play, with the zone forming above a Demand Zone. That gives me a Long-Only bias.

The bounce that came on the trigger move was just too fast for my sloppy finger-action today and I missed the optimum entry level, however still got the job done.

I kept the tp target where it would have been had I been quick enough on the trigger, so I bagged +4%, instead of +5%. No complaints.

Dead Zone Long Bias +4%

DAX-DZ-InABitLateLongBias26thSept18-crop.png
DAX-DZ-InABitLateLongBias26thSept18-crop.png (18.8 KiB) Viewed 2251 times

Out

DAX-DZ-InABitLateLongBias26thSept18-crop-IntoProfit.png
DAX-DZ-InABitLateLongBias26thSept18-crop-IntoProfit.png (18.56 KiB) Viewed 2251 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:20 pm

19:18 uk time...and here as an update which shows why it can pay off big time to play The Dead Zone through the day.

.DE30.H1whyitpaystoplayallday26thSept18copr.png
.DE30.H1whyitpaystoplayallday26thSept18copr.png (20.49 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Back to the 500 - and this really should have been taken advantage of today...

.US500.H1shouldhavetakenadvantageofthis26thSept18.png
.US500.H1shouldhavetakenadvantageofthis26thSept18.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:13 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Back to the 500 - and this really should have been taken advantage of today...

.US500.H1shouldhavetakenadvantageofthis26thSept18.png

Got a 1-2-3 out of it, so that's something...

.US500.H1hadtogetsomethingoutofit26thSept18.png
.US500.H1hadtogetsomethingoutofit26thSept18.png (26.88 KiB) Viewed 2243 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 pm

I'd be looking for some confirmation to get me in Short on USDCNH. At the moment, it's sitting hanging onto 6.88000 by its fingernails.

EDIT: If it pushes through, I'd be looking at 6.89308 to give me an entry back down.
Last edited by LeMercenaire on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Speaking of USDCNH, that would in fact have been another good Dead Zone option today. Straight forward set-up. Short entry only...

USDCNHH1asaDZgoodshow26thSept18.png
USDCNHH1asaDZgoodshow26thSept18.png (32.22 KiB) Viewed 2233 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”