Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 30, 2018 3:28 am

Its funny as I watch the nightly news the little scrolling messages on the bottom talk about how investors were caught off guard today by the fear of a trade war with china, Italy something and this and that political crap and that's why the markets fell. All I can do is laugh and think hum Italy's issues looked like a nice triangle to me, trade war talk looked like a "flip trade" to me. Haha.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 30, 2018 3:37 am

Hope you don't mind that I post my ES trades in here Lem. Just figured keep it all in one thread then spread out over a couple of them.

Here was another way to trade the big move of the day or added confirmation for my zline, S/R play.

It was just a nice bear flag and using the measured move in as the target for the trade out of it. Even if you didn't see the flag, you could have easily seen the bottom trendling as it had 3 nice touches and then a break.
Attachments
US500IndexM15.pngbflag529.png
US500IndexM15.pngbflag529.png (33.37 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed May 30, 2018 6:31 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:Hope you don't mind that I post my ES trades in here Lem. Just figured keep it all in one thread then spread out over a couple of them.

Here was another way to trade the big move of the day or added confirmation for my zline, S/R play.

It was just a nice bear flag and using the measured move in as the target for the trade out of it. Even if you didn't see the flag, you could have easily seen the bottom trendling as it had 3 nice touches and then a break.

No, not at all. I was actually going to suggest the same thing.

I didn't want to take away from the other threads you contribute to but hey, just do what I do and double-post if there is any particular point you want to make.

I am absolutely certain Wanna will be on board for it also.

Welcome aboard!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 30, 2018 7:42 am

Here was a trade I took just by chance while I was posting on Kreslik.

You can look at it 4 different ways. 1 would be a bullish engulfing bar at support level. 2 as a zline trade. 3 you could have drawn a doji box (the bottom blue zline shows the top of the box. and 4 would be a WZ trade back into the body. It offered a nice 15 points.

A proper placed sl beyond a recent pivot would have put the sl pretty far out offering about a 1 to 1 RR. Show I figured using a 4 point sl would offer it more then enough room to breath and still offer a nice RR. I did 4 points since its after hours for the ES and I wasn't sure how price would move, but it played nice and you could have easily done a 2-3 point sl, which is what I normally use and seems to work pretty well.
Attachments
US500IndexH1.pngbullishengulfingbarzline530.png
US500IndexH1.pngbullishengulfingbarzline530.png (39 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 am

Here was the short trade after price made it to the zline. Look how the bullish candle couldn't close above that line, that was the "hey this might be a trade" signal. Then I just looked for price to print me a reason to go short and gave me a dark cloud cover bar which I shorted to the next possible S/R area. A quick and easy 2 to 1 RR trade. Also did almost the exact same trade on GU.
Attachments
US500IndexM15.pngdarkcloudcover530.png
US500IndexM15.pngdarkcloudcover530.png (36.77 KiB) Viewed 1837 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 30, 2018 11:44 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Hope you don't mind that I post my ES trades in here Lem. Just figured keep it all in one thread then spread out over a couple of them.

I didn't want to take away from the other threads you contribute to but hey, just do what I do and double-post if there is any particular point you want to make.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the kind welcome. How is Wanna have you been in contact with him recently. Hope he is doing well.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 am

So the basic trade idea is just equal size candles or railroad tracks at a S/R area. That area is also one of my favorite trade idea's, the rectangle. Just like triangles it gives you a measured move preceding the formation which is usable as a target. Also the target is at a 1hr and 4h "dragon line" basically just a S/R area at the close instead of the extreme. The fact you have the 1hr and 4hr is at the same level just adds to the confluence. I will now look for a reason to short (candlestick pattern) or look for a long with a close over that line and hopefully a rejection of it.

Oh the trade was worth 6-8 points depending on your exit and the sl was 4 points which put it underneath the equal size candles which would be the correct way to play it. The more greedy way would to put it at the 50% or just a little beyond of the trigger candle which would have been 2-3 points. Still the trade at the very min would have offered a 2 to 1 RR and there was a add on possible to.
Attachments
US500IndexM15.pngpoletrade1hr4hrdragonline530.png
US500IndexM15.pngpoletrade1hr4hrdragonline530.png (39.82 KiB) Viewed 1811 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 30, 2018 11:56 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:So the basic trade idea is just equal size candles or railroad tracks at a S/R area. That area is also one of my favorite trade idea's, the rectangle. Just like triangles it gives you a measured move preceding the formation which is usable as a target. Also the target is at a 1hr and 4h "dragon line" basically just a S/R area at the close instead of the extreme. The fact you have the 1hr and 4hr is at the same level just adds to the confluence. I will now look for a reason to short (candlestick pattern) or look for a long with a close over that line and hopefully a rejection of it.

Oh the trade was worth 6-8 points depending on your exit and the sl was 4 points which put it underneath the equal size candles which would be the correct way to play it. The more greedy way would to put it at the 50% or just a little beyond of the trigger candle which would have been 2-3 points. Still the trade at the very min would have offered a 2 to 1 RR and there was a add on possible to.

4hr chart gives a nice lil added confirmation of a possible short.
Attachments
US500IndexH4.png
US500IndexH4.png (35.37 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed May 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the kind welcome. How is Wanna have you been in contact with him recently. Hope he is doing well.[/quote
Yep, he's just been extremely busy with his education and exams.

He'll be back as soon as the dust settles.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed May 30, 2018 7:16 pm

No 500-Flip today. The 17:00 was a daft, little, doji of a candle and I let it go.

I may have been tempted to go long, even just as a break of the high if price was above the weekly open but it wasn't...so I didn't.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”