free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:24 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
I didn't get my usual DAX trade this morning, as I faced a gap up at my trigger, however there's been enough movement - initially as a long DWZ entry and then as a short reaction - to give plenty of solid scalping opportunities.

.DE30.H1asstandingat09.17April25th18crop.png

[color=#BF0000]I only have access to the Monster as a CFD. Is that why are charts are different or what did I do wrong.
[/color]

Does you broker close its DAX desk overnight? There will be a difference in the number of candles at that time.

Ah. Yea did a quick count, only 14 bars I think.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Muddled set up for the Flip.

There were micro S+D Zones surrounding price and it showed no real inclination to do much of anything, certainly not back inside. That would normally mean take the extreme break but those pesky micro-zones...grrrrrrrr...

Anyway, ''Trade-What-You-See'', right? So I went in on the High Break.

Price turned and faffed around below.

Once it looked like it might go long for a little bit at least again, I added another trade on top and planned on getting more for less distance travelled.

Worked out fine.

500-Flip (-ish) Taken on the break of the high.

.US500.H1as500-Flip-OutsideBreak25thApril18-Double-Dip.png
.US500.H1as500-Flip-OutsideBreak25thApril18-Double-Dip.png (36.05 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:36 am

Quick question for Lem and I'm pretty sure I already know the answer is gonna be depends. But what do you do for stops on your trades and how do you adjust them when you add on. I understand if you don't want to give me all your trade secrets. But I got wondering yesterday when I started thinkning how you try to get your 5% on a trade and then started to think how you like to add and then the style of your trading.

Also loving the EB's. Funny how the simplest things we completely miss sometimes.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:43 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Muddled set up for the Flip.

There were micro S+D Zones surrounding price and it showed no real inclination to do much of anything, certainly not back inside. That would normally mean take the extreme break but those pesky micro-zones...grrrrrrrr...

Once it looked like it might go long for a little bit at least again, I added another trade on top and planned on getting more for less distance travelled.

Worked out fine.

I saw equal size candles at a demand zone, with a 50% retrace into the 2nd equal candle. 1 of my favorite setups. Wow I just realized a lot of my trades are based off of simple candlestick patterns. Funny how you always hear people mock them as useless.

It also kind of scares me how much this S/D indy is helpful. It really is one of the only indicators that you can actually trade with and make money with.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:10 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:Quick question for Lem and I'm pretty sure I already know the answer is gonna be depends. But what do you do for stops on your trades and how do you adjust them when you add on. I understand if you don't want to give me all your trade secrets. But I got wondering yesterday when I started thinkning how you try to get your 5% on a trade and then started to think how you like to add and then the style of your trading.

Also loving the EB's. Funny how the simplest things we completely miss sometimes.

Depends :P :P :P (Well, you did kinda' walk into that one, lol).

Anyway...I don't use stops, if a move goes against me, I will enter a counter trade. That locks off as a ''floating loss'' and then I wait for my next trigger.

That stands as a separate stand-alone trade but after that, I will look to unwind the floating loss as well. That could happen in one go, two goes, or the next day. Doesn't matter to me.

The same goes for any add-on trade, it is treated as a completely separate entity.

I can freelance on this, as you've seen me do on the Flip recently, where if it looks like the price has stalled, I will even take a partial add-in (not necessarily waiting for a full retrace to enter on for instance) but look for a shorter pip-distance to get the same amount.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:12 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:

Worked out fine.

I saw equal size candles at a demand zone, with a 50% retrace into the 2nd equal candle. 1 of my favorite setups. Wow I just realized a lot of my trades are based off of simple candlestick patterns. Funny how you always hear people mock them as useless.

It also kind of scares me how much this S/D indy is helpful. It really is one of the only indicators that you can actually trade with and make money with.

Yeah - idiots, I think they are called.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:16 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:

Worked out fine.

That's because if you think about it, it's not really an indicator as such. It simply makes visible an area that is already there.

(That sounds weird...''it's not really an indicator''...but I know what I mean, hopefully you do too).

IMO, used in conjunction with our Lines-In-The-Sand methods, it's an unbeatable combination.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Tonight's Flip. I wasn't sure how this was going to play. There were shallow (weak) Demand Zones just above - but only on the lower time-frames, not the H1 or higher.

At the KO, price sat in the Upper Wick Zone for what seemed like an eternity before creeping up.

As I have said, if there is a failed drop back through, then the extreme break usually goes big but I dunno', I just didn't feel it.

So I let it go.

500-Flip (Break of the High)

.US500.H1as500-Flip-LongHighBreak26thApril18crop.png
.US500.H1as500-Flip-LongHighBreak26thApril18crop.png (15.67 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

The move would have been good for the target, though as I write, it still doesn't seem the most convincing of moves.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:34 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Tonight's Flip. I wasn't sure how this was going to play. There were shallow (weak) Demand Zones just above - but only on the lower time-frames, not the H1 or higher.

At the KO, price sat in the Upper Wick Zone for what seemed like an eternity before creeping up.

As I have said, if there is a failed drop back through, then the extreme break usually goes big but I dunno', I just didn't feel it.

So I let it go.

500-Flip (Break of the High)

.US500.H1as500-Flip-LongHighBreak26thApril18crop.png

The move would have been good for the target, though as I write, it still doesn't seem the most convincing of moves.

Here it is inked up...if K allows me to post it inked.

Inked.US500.H1as500-Flip-LongHighBreak26thApril18crop2tighter_LI.jpg
Inked.US500.H1as500-Flip-LongHighBreak26thApril18crop2tighter_LI.jpg (135.13 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Uh-Huh...

If it doesn't go before end of play tonight :lol:

.US500.H1asaClaudia27thApril18.png
.US500.H1asaClaudia27thApril18.png (44.47 KiB) Viewed 1976 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”