Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Pjort

Re: Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

Postby Pjort » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:20 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Pjort wrote:Hello LeMerc
I can fully see why you are thinking about shorting the DAX - but please elaborate your techniuqe on what is your steps - like 1,2,3 steps, before you put your possible shorttrade on the DAX...
Thanks in advance...
I guess It is about that it should break a the first trading hours 1 hours candle closing point?? After i first have made a high on the number 2 , 1 hour candle?
s**t this is super difficult to explain in writtens words...

Hi Pjort,

I run two base moves on The DAX first thing in the morning (uk time). Both use the range. The first variant uses the single 06:00 - 07:00 candle...the second covers the double block formed by the 06:00 - 08:00 candles. I run these using Wick-Zone techniques, so basically I am trading a line.

Variant #1 tends to be smoother in its move, though you will pay more for running before the UK Open.

Variant #2 is completely bonkers in the way that it moves and is most certainly not for the faint of heart. It moves like a bronco with a burr under the saddle. Sometimes getting on is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle, however, the rewards are worth the drama.

Over the last six months or so, I have been layering Supply & Demand Zones on the charts and that has paid off handsomely. Now even more recently, in search of some sort of directional bias, I have experimented with the Schaff Indicator.

I will also, as the mood takes me, scalp down on the m5 / m1 level during high volume times. Micro-S+D Zones down there give incredibly precise entries (and this aspect can also be used on the original methods as well).

As for the chart posted and what's going on there, I was looking more toward basic PA on top of that S+D / Schaff info. On the H1 (or H4) tf, I would also look at any 1-2-3 entry - now this is not the 1-2-3 pattern you would know from Kreslik but an entry method used by my friend Too Slow.

Hello LEM

thank you very much for your thorough answer on my question. And sorry for my late reply - some family business have been going on and for the moment I am not ready to sit every morning trading. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark and actually I think a morning trade on DAX or Futse after Christmas will be my place to trade. For now I am just waiting to sort things out to be ready (affording some off time plus funding my account)
It seem that I am as fund of your trading style as narskob and as pleased by you posting your experience, plus giving advise.
Have a nice trading day and good weekend.
:D

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Pjort wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Pjort wrote:Hello LeMerc
I can fully see why you are thinking about shorting the DAX - but please elaborate your techniuqe on what is your steps - like 1,2,3 steps, before you put your possible shorttrade on the DAX...
Thanks in advance...
I guess It is about that it should break a the first trading hours 1 hours candle closing point?? After i first have made a high on the number 2 , 1 hour candle?
s**t this is super difficult to explain in writtens words...

Hi Pjort,

I run two base moves on The DAX first thing in the morning (uk time). Both use the range. The first variant uses the single 06:00 - 07:00 candle...the second covers the double block formed by the 06:00 - 08:00 candles. I run these using Wick-Zone techniques, so basically I am trading a line.

Variant #1 tends to be smoother in its move, though you will pay more for running before the UK Open.

Variant #2 is completely bonkers in the way that it moves and is most certainly not for the faint of heart. It moves like a bronco with a burr under the saddle. Sometimes getting on is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle, however, the rewards are worth the drama.

Over the last six months or so, I have been layering Supply & Demand Zones on the charts and that has paid off handsomely. Now even more recently, in search of some sort of directional bias, I have experimented with the Schaff Indicator.

I will also, as the mood takes me, scalp down on the m5 / m1 level during high volume times. Micro-S+D Zones down there give incredibly precise entries (and this aspect can also be used on the original methods as well).

As for the chart posted and what's going on there, I was looking more toward basic PA on top of that S+D / Schaff info. On the H1 (or H4) tf, I would also look at any 1-2-3 entry - now this is not the 1-2-3 pattern you would know from Kreslik but an entry method used by my friend Too Slow.

Hello LEM

thank you very much for your thorough answer on my question. And sorry for my late reply - some family business have been going on and for the moment I am not ready to sit every morning trading. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark and actually I think a morning trade on DAX or Futse after Christmas will be my place to trade. For now I am just waiting to sort things out to be ready (affording some off time plus funding my account)
It seem that I am as fund of your trading style as narskob and as pleased by you posting your experience, plus giving advise.
Have a nice trading day and good weekend.
:D

Hi again, Pjort.

I hear what you are saying about being taken away from the screens - ''real life'' has a tendency to pop its head up into your fun, doesn't it!

I'm glad to help in any way I can. I will be looking to be more active over here going forward as well.

I used to have no problem sitting at the screens all day long - I could hear the cows come home in the distance :D - but I do wear other hats and I now prefer to have the option of dropping in-and-out of the day and having the ability to find some action at any given time (pretty much). As such, I have my ''stable'' of methods.

This also means that I am more and more attracted to the early morning trades on The DAX / F40 as they give great bang-for-you-buck value and I can be done-and-dusted before most people are even finished their morning coffee.

This is actually one of the reasons I started trading for myself - that ability to free up the day to do what I really want to do, lol. Now I can do either. A.M. only, or run the day. The point being, it's my choice.

Hey, it's a fun journey - it will be cool to have others along for the trip!

Have a good weekend all - catch you on the other side.

Pjort

Postby Pjort » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Oh I Will be there (I hope so much)
Just again Thanks for your kind words.
And it means alot to me (and proberly others too) that you share both your technical trading experince and some personel anekdotes.
I have some many things I would love to tell about. But I feel to much an outsider as not Bering an active trader at the moment.
One I Can share - a old pro trader that I have met on some ocassion here in DK has gone totally spiritual.
He says, qoute “its just a feeling”

Best fro me :D

naskorb

Postby naskorb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:22 pm

And I'm definitely IN! Can't miss the opportunity to learn from such a hearty and good teachers here!
Hope I'll manage to absorb it. It will be fun but a long journey, but with friends everything is easy.

Lem, what kind of trading platform are you using? On my IG MT4- DAX, H1 is looking quite different from your screenshots. It is abbreviated GER30 is it the same DAX?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:07 pm

naskorb wrote:And I'm definitely IN! Can't miss the opportunity to learn from such a hearty and good teachers here!
Hope I'll manage to absorb it. It will be fun but a long journey, but with friends everything is easy.

Lem, what kind of trading platform are you using? On my IG MT4- DAX, H1 is looking quite different from your screenshots. It is abbreviated GER30 is it the same DAX?

Hey, hey, the gang's all here! All we need is Wanna to drag himself back from his enforced sabbatical and Bob's your Auntie's husband :lol:

I use my broker's online platform to run the DAX. CoreSpreads spread-betting account and yes, GER30 is the equivalent of The DAX.

Having said that, I have in the past posted up screenshots from one of my other brokers (I use multiple ones - the others run charts on MT4). I will chart on those and then place the trades on my live broker.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 am

It's been a while.

I've been able to play on the lower time-frames lately (as seen by my HOLO trades) and have been neglecting the H4 stuff.

I will get back to that, it's all cyclical with me, however I haven't abandoned The DAX completely. I have been running those lower time frames c/w S+D and it's been working well.

Here's the kind of thing I'm talking about - a short move from this morning...

DAX30M15alwaysonthecards22ndNov17.png
DAX30M15alwaysonthecards22ndNov17.png (34.96 KiB) Viewed 2818 times

Price had been trapped for a while on the H1 but dropping it down showed there was still a little wiggle-room and that final move broke the chains on the H1 as well.

All good.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Played ''bouncy-bouncy'' for the rest of the arvo on the same DAX-Monster. Fun-fun-fun...

DAX30M15andanothertwoaetups22ndNov17.png
DAX30M15andanothertwoaetups22ndNov17.png (37.59 KiB) Viewed 2795 times

naskorb

Postby naskorb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 am

LeMercenaire wrote:Played ''bouncy-bouncy'' for the rest of the arvo on the same DAX-Monster. Fun-fun-fun...

Hi Lem, still learning....
I saw that you are using exclusively S/D levels for your trades. I my short experience they are most precise for tp and sl and combined with some breakout strategy for entering an London or NY open.
Are you drawing them manually as Sam Seiden or other technique. If you trade on 5 or 1min TF what TF you consider for drawing major s/d zones at which you expect major reversals and considering puting TP or SL's.
I have a lot more questions for you :oops: ...but will question lately, not to tire you. :lol:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 am

naskorb wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Played ''bouncy-bouncy'' for the rest of the arvo on the same DAX-Monster. Fun-fun-fun...

Hi Lem, still learning....
I saw that you are using exclusively S/D levels for your trades. I my short experience they are most precise for tp and sl and combined with some breakout strategy for entering an London or NY open.
Are you drawing them manually as Sam Seiden or other technique. If you trade on 5 or 1min TF what TF you consider for drawing major s/d zones at which you expect major reversals and considering puting TP or SL's.
I have a lot more questions for you :oops: ...but will question lately, not to tire you. :lol:

Hi naskorb.

Yeah, I have progressively become more and more keen on the S+D Zones. I now use them on all of the methods in my stable.

I can draw them myself - I always figure that the best way to understand the engine mechanics of something, is to get under the hood and get your hands dirty. After that, you can happily sit back and let the machine do its job the way it was designed to do.

Right, I've stretched that metaphor as far as it can go without snapping it completely, lol.

Anyway, to get back on track - I can draw them but I now rely on the indi to do the legwork. This is not the first one I have tried - and to be fair, there was nothing particularly wrong with the others - but this one does everything I need. It does have some bells-and-whistles in there but I don't use them.

It draws the zones for whatever tf I have open on the chart at the time.

I will look for my trade set-ups on the H1, then look up higher for directional bias info. From there, I will drop down to the low tf for my entries.

I find that what I call the ''micro-zones'' of these lower time-frames are more fluid and prone to ''blow-through'' but that's acceptable, as I already have my directional preference set at this point. All I am looking for now, is a zone to bounce off of. If price is sitting in between a Supply and a Demand Zone, then I will wait until it makes it up (or down) to one or the other. If there is too much distance between price and one of these micro-zones, then I will leave it alone.

You will find that in these cases, it is likely that this will be one of the times when you will have price either blow-through or at the very least enter deep into one of the zones on the higher time-frame before turning (if it does at all).

I'll leave you with that for now - sorry, it kind of turned into a novel, or at least a short-story, lol - so you can mull it over for a bit. However, I have no problem with you asking as many questions as you like.

I don't pretend to be any kind of super-expert on S+D Zones - as I said, I just get out of it what I need - but I'm certainly happy to answer any questions you may have on the way I make use of them.

I never tire of talking about trading :lol:

naskorb

Postby naskorb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
naskorb wrote:

Yeah, I have progressively become more and more keen on the S+D Zones. I now use them on all of the methods in my stable.

How do you prefer to use 'the zones' on 1-2-3 and HoLo setups. Are you waiting the current daily HH or LL to enter the zone or be near it . Do you exclude setups with large SL, or prefer to take them but with smaller lot size, if they qualify :oops: .

Return to “TheRumpledOne”