How to trade using TRO's Dynamic S/R indicator

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

traderwep

Postby traderwep » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 pm

hi watzdorf

why do you not have a sell on your chart a little after 1600 when the price starts a new row of red markers. looks like price is around 80.25 at those red markers. often i see on futures the will be rising red markers so if sell at the first have to endure drawdown as they go against you. same with shorts. is that how you would play it sell the first new red and buy the first new blue--at close of actual bar--in effect a reversal system? i am trading generally a 3min YM.

i have not been able to figure out a profitable way to use this indicator so i am quite interested in your experience.

thanks

wayne

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

watzdorf

Postby watzdorf » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:16 pm

traderwep,
at that time you would be around the middle of price action, hence you wait for next signal and that was a support. -> go long at support / short at resistance

traderwep

Postby traderwep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:52 am

it was short at resistance which is what i am not understanding. you apparently decided not to go short at THAT resistance.

i understand long at support and short at resistance as a concept but i am trying to apply it to the chart.

what exactly is a signal, the first of a series of red blue squares?

how long do you hold it--til it hits an opposite color square?

what happens in more trending days? does one have serious losses ?

thanks for any explanations you can provide to help me understand how to use this in realtime.

wayne

watzdorf

Postby watzdorf » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:09 am

I did not circle all the possible entries.

<<how long do you hold it--til it hits an opposite color square?>>

this is for me the most difficult part :) that I can't put in a rule. Sometimes only a few secomds other times 15 - 30 min. This depends on the price action you are watching.

<<what happens in more trending days? does one have serious losses ?>>
No big losses, since you always put a stop 1 point below support or 1 point above resistance.

In addition to this I always watch the trend and don't hesitate to go long/short many times when I see that the trend is established. (Scaling in)
Take the dynamic as a basic way to analyse the chart and see potential entries. I had a hard time to figure it out and I tell you I've lost a big amount of money until I was able to use it properly. You will get a feel for it after a while. Of course I don't follow the signals blindly. When I see they don't make sense, then I stay out.
Basics: Find out if the market is trending or in sideways action. If sideways I stay out and wait or choose another stock.

hth
alex

rrobin

Postby rrobin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:51 pm

This is a copy of a TRO post on TS.

Read the trend page and you will see how he created and learned to use the SR.

96 Pages LOL

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussion ... 776&Page=1

MINI GRIDIRON II LESSON

The _SMAA_DYNAMIC_SR, formally PUSH HILO, is effective across all time frames... if anything, the longer the better. I'm just a scalper at heart.

90%? Look at the charts...

First, you must determine the overall trend direction . How? LOL... You can use the TREND and COMPASS indicators on 15/60 minute and daily intervals. Notice on my chart the ema(5) is plotted (dark cyan line). NEVER TRADE AGAINST THE EMA(5) DIRECTION... NEVER!!

Next, you only trade in THAT DIRECTION! GOOG was trending DOWN on Friday. There was money to be made off the long bounces but why take unnecessary risks? Greed? So GOOG was a short when the ema(5) was heading south.

So if you sold at the RED dots and covered at the BLUE, you should not have missed. I was calling the play by play on GOOG in the afternoon and every 10 - 20 minutes there was a short worth at least $2 a share. I just waited for a fib retrace and/or dynamic resistance hit.

If you jumped the gun and shorted BEFORE GOOG retraced up to a pivot, your p/l showed some red (temporarily). If you waited for the RED DOTS to plot horizontally instead of stair stepping, your account would be a lot richer!!

Once again, if you look at your past trades using the Dynamic SHOWMEs and GRIDIRON_II indicator, you will see why you made money and why you lost money on the trades.

Does this make it any clearer?

Do you understand?

traderwep

Postby traderwep » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:47 pm

hi the above i very helpful and informative, much more info than sell at red and buy at blue :-) thanks

wayne

jstockman

Postby jstockman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:00 am

watzdorf wrote:Here is how I use s/r:

if price hits s/r twice -> go short/long at s/r
if price hits s/r only once, I take the low/high of that bar to go short/long.
in other words: if price moves above the high of the bar that created the support (s) ->short and vica versa.

I use mental stop 1 point above/below s/r

I don't use midpoint

hth

alex

alex,

What exactly to you mean "if price hits s/r only once, I take the low/high of that bar to go short/long"

Thank-you

Jimmyj

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:07 pm

Looks like you guys are having too much fun with this...LOL!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

jstockman

Support & Resistence

Postby jstockman » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:01 am

watzdorf wrote:Here is how I use s/r:

if price hits s/r twice -> go short/long at s/r
if price hits s/r only once, I take the low/high of that bar to go short/long.
in other words: if price moves above the high of the bar that created the support (s) ->short and vica versa.

I use mental stop 1 point above/below s/r

I don't use midpoint

hth

alex

Alex,

Have you checked out this method of USDEUR?

Also, can you give a little more detail on "if price hits s/r only once, I take the low/high of that bar to go short/long.
in other words: if price moves above the high of the bar that created the support (s) ->short and vica versa."

Thank-you in advance.

Jimmyj

:o

cdavis

Postby cdavis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:07 pm

Where can I get the TRO Dynamic SR Indicator and is there one for the Radarscreen. I have downloaded the Motherlode, but I do not see it.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”