How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Mira wrote:
Thank you MO!

In this moment I'm seeing it :shock: but I am afraid to fall in blindness, again.

I need to HOLD it!

We are going to get it wrong sometimes, that is what the money management is for.

If you want a high success rate then only take trades that have patterns that you have seen many times in the past and
make decisions based on your average experience with those patterns.

repeating_patterns_for_mira.png
repeating_patterns_for_mira.png (25.85 KiB) Viewed 2428 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: Period converter

Postby v8power » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:32 am

Mira wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:
Thanks MO!

Sorry, I don't know if I understood right :(
I wanted to change the start time to watch for a D1 close in the afternoon, i.e., and not in the night.

I'm not getting if you are telling me to watch for closes on smaller periods..

Thank you much!

I think that you would be better off just looking for an H4 price level than going through the trouble of changing the start time of your daily chart.

Only Mira knows what Mira should do, I can only tell you what I would do.

Thank you MO! You're right.. better set an alert ringing every 4H (I always forget the right candle close lol)

Wiseman say " Only Mira knows what Mira should do, I can only tell you what I would do." V8's dumbass says look at the daily charts I post. Some of them start at 12 am est and some at 5 pm est (end of NY session). Now all you little mo disciples might say either blasphemy or what do you know to make such a statement. Its simple. The dailies that end at 5pm will give you daily chart with 5 bars per week and what I would assume the big boys look at (shows were the big money is placed). The 12am works mentally better for London and US traders (AUD and JPY hasn't used up any of the ATR), but produces 6 daily candlesticks (Sunday's is useless).

The same goes for 4hr charts. I normally use charts that have a 4hr bar start at 8am est. Which ends at 12pm est (the end of londont), then the next bar ends at the end of the US, with the next opening at Asia and 2 bars latter opens at 4am est (1hr after London). These opens and closes normally show momo the best out of all the 4hr charts. But normally I will always drop down to my 15m chart with 1hr overlays and look for 3 hours of momo. Why hum....ummm. I don't know, maybe TRO's buzzard idea, or MO's CC idea, MO's 123 smaller/bigger candles, Joe Ross's TTE (3 bars max). All of them based off of 3's.

But hey, do you and I'll do me :mrgreen: .

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 am

v8power wrote:
Mira wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
I think that you would be better off just looking for an H4 price level than going through the trouble of changing the start time of your daily chart.

Only Mira knows what Mira should do, I can only tell you what I would do.

Thank you MO! You're right.. better set an alert ringing every 4H (I always forget the right candle close lol)

Wiseman say " Only Mira knows what Mira should do, I can only tell you what I would do." V8's dumbass says look at the daily charts I post. Some of them start at 12 am est and some at 5 pm est (end of NY session). Now all you little mo disciples might say either blasphemy or what do you know to make such a statement. Its simple. The dailies that end at 5pm will give you daily chart with 5 bars per week and what I would assume the big boys look at (shows were the big money is placed). The 12am works mentally better for London and US traders (AUD and JPY hasn't used up any of the ATR), but produces 6 daily candlesticks (Sunday's is useless).

The same goes for 4hr charts. I normally use charts that have a 4hr bar start at 8am est. Which ends at 12pm est (the end of londont), then the next bar ends at the end of the US, with the next opening at Asia and 2 bars latter opens at 4am est (1hr after London). These opens and closes normally show momo the best out of all the 4hr charts. But normally I will always drop down to my 15m chart with 1hr overlays and look for 3 hours of momo. Why hum....ummm. I don't know, maybe TRO's buzzard idea, or MO's CC idea, MO's 123 smaller/bigger candles, Joe Ross's TTE (3 bars max). All of them based off of 3's.

Thank you V8!
I didn't express myself right..

I wrote that post because my idea was to place a line on the previous daily close, drop one or two timeframes and trade in direction of profit "fading" the extreme of the current candle.
(This because I can't stay on charts for many hours for now)
Doing this I'd have traded in a sort of EOD strategy.
But since the FX daily candle closes around midnight here, I was trying to change that close time.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 am

btw

How are you V8? :D
In these days, waiting for your return, MO helped me to reinforce the ideas behind space and midpoints.
Jala and the other guys on the board had some conversations about angles but I'm slow on advanced stuff.

I also remembered what you told me (to not change what I was doing) so, since volumes are low in these days and PA is freak sometimes, I decided to sum up thighs.

This is what I'm seeing:

we are always in a range, so the first step is to define it

IMG_1172.PNG
IMG_1172.PNG (57.21 KiB) Viewed 2462 times

if price is above the midpoint it's going up, if it's below it's going down. Closed candles show the Truth.
Then I just look for breakouts.. I'll see midpoints/Middles of Momos/1-2-3/Zs converging to the same line (confluence?), 75%/25%, midpoints of smaller ranges etc.
what matters is to sell high and buy low.

IMG_1174.PNG
IMG_1174.PNG (68.61 KiB) Viewed 2462 times

When I see price stopping with a close around these lines I drop timeframe (if I want to work with 2+ tfs) and just look for the same setups forming.
How many lines I'm going to risk? What is the target?
What I'm going to do if this or that happen?
If everything fits I'm taking the trade inside a zone.

Do you see something wrong? Thanks for helping :D

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:05 pm

What is 'not convincing' me is the classic 1:1 R:R :?
I mean.. I know that space brings R:R to me, and I also know that hundreds of pips are nothing without size, but all that talks they do about winning percentages, positive RR, having room to take the trade.. are because they are not stacking?

My problem is always the same:

If I reach my minimum target and I took the profits waiting for a 'bigger' setup usually price leaves me off, but if I close half position to B/E it's not stacking, and if I don't take the money (but I add or I just stay in) I'm making a mistake because price is unpredictable.

Mmmm. What can I do? :?:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:51 pm

v8power wrote:

Code: Select all

Wiseman say " Only Mira knows what Mira should do, I can only tell you what I would do."  V8's dumbass says look at the daily charts I post.  Some of them start at 12 am est and some at 5 pm est (end of NY session).  Now all you little mo disciples might say either blasphemy or what do you know to make such a statement.  Its simple.  The dailies that end at 5pm will give you daily chart with 5 bars per week and what I would assume the big boys look at (shows were the big money is placed).  The 12am works mentally better for London and US traders (AUD and JPY hasn't used up any of the ATR), but produces 6 daily candlesticks (Sunday's is useless).

The same goes for 4hr charts.  I normally use charts that have a 4hr bar start at 8am est.  Which ends at 12pm est (the end of londont), then the next bar ends at the end of the US, with the next opening at Asia and 2 bars latter opens at 4am est (1hr after London).  These opens and closes normally show momo the best out of all the 4hr charts.  But normally I will always drop down to my 15m chart with 1hr overlays and look for 3 hours of momo.  Why hum....ummm.  I don't know, maybe TRO's buzzard idea, or MO's CC idea, MO's 123 smaller/bigger candles, Joe Ross's TTE (3 bars max).  All of them based off of 3's.

I never call myself 'wise', 'guru', etc, but other people love to give me titles out of respect or mockery & I care not which is which...
it can get annoying when people call me as I am not, but it is a minor annoyance.

I have always traded large charts; do you not remember, my motto, "the only way up is up!" and the mbar picture that starts with the daily closing over a line? But one can trade a daily directly or indirectly: every day begins with a minute & every lowest low occurs within a particular hour.

I have no 'disciples', none are privy to my strategies: a thousand charts I will give you, even ten thousand, they are of little value to me;
ask about the trading plan, ask about how the constituents converge to form a whole, ask about the deeper things, ask the crickets, they know.

Who here has thought things through? Who thinks of a thing as the means and not the end? Who looks at a young shoot and sees what it will become? Ask the crickets, they know.

The_Sigil_of_MO.png
The_Sigil_of_MO.png (3.93 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:14 pm

I don't think my "tone" came through on that last post. I didn't mean any disrespect to you MO, I was more of mocking those who doubt ya.

Mira if I understand what your saying is your looking for a daily chart that starts at a different time then midnight, correct? The chart on the left is 5pm est open and one on the right is 12am est. To me the 5pm shows the price movement much clearer and is what I normally use for my trading.

untitled.png
untitled.png (193.15 KiB) Viewed 2390 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Mira wrote:btw

How are you V8? :D
In these days, waiting for your return, MO helped me to reinforce the ideas behind space and midpoints.
Jala and the other guys on the board had some conversations about angles but I'm slow on advanced stuff.

I also remembered what you told me (to not change what I was doing) so, since volumes are low in these days and PA is freak sometimes, I decided to sum up thighs.

This is what I'm seeing:

we are always in a range, so the first step is to define it

IMG_1172.PNG

if price is above the midpoint it's going up, if it's below it's going down. Closed candles show the Truth.
Then I just look for breakouts.. I'll see midpoints/Middles of Momos/1-2-3/Zs converging to the same line (confluence?), 75%/25%, midpoints of smaller ranges etc.
what matters is to sell high and buy low.

IMG_1174.PNG

When I see price stopping with a close around these lines I drop timeframe (if I want to work with 2+ tfs) and just look for the same setups forming.
How many lines I'm going to risk? What is the target?
What I'm going to do if this or that happen?
If everything fits I'm taking the trade inside a zone.

Do you see something wrong? Thanks for helping :D

Looking good to me. Like you said. Its about finding the same setups.

eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png (57.12 KiB) Viewed 2389 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 pm

v8power wrote:I don't think my "tone" came through on that last post. I didn't mean any disrespect to you MO, I was more of mocking those who doubt ya.

Mira if I understand what your saying is your looking for a daily chart that starts at a different time then midnight, correct? The chart on the left is 5pm est open and one on the right is 12am est. To me the 5pm shows the price movement much clearer and is what I normally use for my trading.

untitled.png

Thanks V8

How have you switched the start time?
Is it given by the broker?

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:24 pm

IMG_1191.PNG
IMG_1191.PNG (72.75 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”