free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:54 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:
Mira wrote:Sometime i'd just want a volatility stop :lol:

USDJPYH1.png

Hey Mira, just curious, how do you trade the zemaphore (semaphore?). I tried but I do not understand it. It repaints badly, or do I need to take it for another test drive lol

I'm guessing you wait for candle to close and then trade with the zema. Haven't tried it, but curious.

I don't know if i'm using it in the "right" way but, when the current price is drawing a 3 sema i know that price is high/low enough to call it high or low (or HH and LL) and i trade away from there. It gives me informations about price but it doesn't signal a trade.
Every time that price breaks over a HH/LL it makes a new HH/LL so it doesn't repaint, not more than price.

I usually look for a 3 sema to validate a reversal trade and at least for a 2 for a continuation trade, it looks mechanical at first but then you keep it on the chart and your brain start to assimilating it. :smt024
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Mira wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

USDJPYH1.png

Hey Mira, just curious, how do you trade the zemaphore (semaphore?). I tried but I do not understand it. It repaints badly, or do I need to take it for another test drive lol

I'm guessing you wait for candle to close and then trade with the zema. Haven't tried it, but curious.

I don't know if i'm using it in the "right" way but, when the current price is drawing a 3 sema i know that price is high/low enough to call it high or low (or HH and LL) and i trade away from there. It gives me informations about price but it doesn't signal a trade.
Every time that price breaks over a HH/LL it makes a new HH/LL so it doesn't repaint, not more than price.

I usually look for a 3 sema to validate a reversal trade and at least for a 2 for a continuation trade, it looks mechanical at first but then you keep it on the chart and your brain start to assimilating it. :smt024

Gotcha, its like a momentum filter. It's possible that if you buy, you're buy high. Also Mira, do I have to quote the whole thread or can I just tag the person?
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:25 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:

USDJPYH1.png

This is a popular misconception. SEMA does not repaint, it recalculates as price moves on.

However, what this does mean, is that you should never use an after-the-fact chart to prove what would have happened. It is only valid as a live or up-to-the-minute chart.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:52 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

USDJPYH1.png

This is a popular misconception. SEMA does not repaint, it recalculates as price moves on.

However, what this does mean, is that you should never use an after-the-fact chart to prove what would have happened. It is only valid as a live or up-to-the-minute chart.

Make sense, I was going to ask the difference between repainting and recalculating, but I think I got it. When it repaints, as long as the chart isn't reset, previous data stays the same. Once the chart is reset, even previous data is reset to better reflect price. A recalculating indi only changes its most recent data, but if the chart was to be reset, previous information will be the same.

That's why you're saying it's good for live observation. Thank you for your comment!

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:46 am

In case you're interested BambinoFlex, these videos by TRO explain in detail how you could use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYLiQiorOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcH9YORRUiQ

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

Make sense, I was going to ask the difference between repainting and recalculating, but I think I got it. When it repaints, as long as the chart isn't reset, previous data stays the same. Once the chart is reset, even previous data is reset to better reflect price. A recalculating indi only changes its most recent data, but if the chart was to be reset, previous information will be the same.

That's why you're saying it's good for live observation. Thank you for your comment!

That's a better explanation than I could have given! Nice one and spot on.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Jhx wrote:In case you're interested BambinoFlex, these videos by TRO explain in detail how you could use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYLiQiorOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcH9YORRUiQ

Thank you JHX

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:33 pm

I'm looking at myself now and i see that i became a scalper :lol:

(Canceled that buy limit because price never filled it :cry: )
USDCADM5.png
USDCADM5.png (58.95 KiB) Viewed 4670 times

GBPJPYM5.png
GBPJPYM5.png (51.77 KiB) Viewed 4670 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Paid right

GBPCHFM5.png
GBPCHFM5.png (54.78 KiB) Viewed 4626 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:02 pm

I took two losses on NU because i wanted to trade back (long) to the bearish zline.. i noticed that it works many times but maybe there's too much volatility lately.
However, i reversed when it closed below for the second time.
Covered + profit, done for the day.
Have a great weekend everybody :D

NZDUSDM5.png
NZDUSDM5.png (44.89 KiB) Viewed 4620 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”