How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

trojoh68

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby trojoh68 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:57 am

I just returned from taking a break for 2-3 weeks. I had some profitable months and then had a long losing streak. I started losing confidence and getting confused by what I saw, so Dojirock told me to take a break. I needed it and I'm trying to come back with a simpler approach built on what I have learned but also based on what I am observing. There is a post above by aliassmith about market context that intrigued me because I think that is where I am deficient in my trading. That about summarizes where I have been lately.

I'll keep following your thread with interest. I'm glad to hear that things are going better for you.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:30 am

trojoh68 wrote:I just returned from taking a break for 2-3 weeks. I had some profitable months and then had a long losing streak. I started losing confidence and getting confused by what I saw, so Dojirock told me to take a break. I needed it and I'm trying to come back with a simpler approach built on what I have learned but also based on what I am observing. There is a post above by aliassmith about market context that intrigued me because I think that is where I am deficient in my trading. That about summarizes where I have been lately.

I'll keep following your thread with interest. I'm glad to hear that things are going better for you.

I think it's something that happens to every trader at some point and can also manifest itself as 'paralysis through analysis', something I was particularly prone to when I first started out.

Taking a deep breath and walking away for a while is the best medicine for sure, with the caveat that you allow yourself to think calmly about the way you will move forward when you do get back in front of the screens.

Simply coming back and picking up where you left off is just not an option.

For me, I kind of took what was a fault and turned it into an asset, as I would now deliberately layer multiple levels of complexity onto whatever method I was working on and then, when it became so unwieldy as to be unuseable, hack away at it, relentlessly cutting out everything that wasn't actually contributing any value.

That way I ended up with simple, stripped back methods that were lean, green, pip-harvesting machines :)

Jhx

Postby Jhx » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:12 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
trojoh68 wrote:I just returned from taking a break for 2-3 weeks. I had some profitable months and then had a long losing streak. I started losing confidence and getting confused by what I saw, so Dojirock told me to take a break. I needed it and I'm trying to come back with a simpler approach built on what I have learned but also based on what I am observing. There is a post above by aliassmith about market context that intrigued me because I think that is where I am deficient in my trading. That about summarizes where I have been lately.

I think it's something that happens to every trader at some point and can also manifest itself as 'paralysis through analysis', something I was particularly prone to when I first started out.

Taking a deep breath and walking away for a while is the best medicine for sure, with the caveat that you allow yourself to think calmly about the way you will move forward when you do get back in front of the screens.

For me, I kind of took what was a fault and turned it into an asset, as I would now deliberately layer multiple levels of complexity onto whatever method I was working on and then, when it became so unwieldy as to be unuseable, hack away at it, relentlessly cutting out everything that wasn't actually contributing any value.

That way I ended up with simple, stripped back methods that were lean, green, pip-harvesting machines :)

This was happening (kinda still happening tbh) to me. I got to a point of too much information or well, information overload. ie: Weekly is green and above the average range but daily is green AND below the average daily range so we might be able to go long but not really, also there is a zLine around here so I'll go down to the M15 to wait for a close... BUT there were 3 red candles in a row just now so I might want to grab some pips in the other direction... I might as well talk to a drunk man and he'd give me a better bias. Maybe somebody can relate to that :lol: .

Part of the reason why I decided to go with the Einstein Line, just take the trade.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:22 pm

Jhx wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

This was happening (kinda still happening tbh) to me. I got to a point of too much information or well, information overload. ie: Weekly is green and above the average range but daily is green AND below the average daily range so we might be able to go long but not really, also there is a zLine around here so I'll go down to the M15 to wait for a close... BUT there were 3 red candles in a row just now so I might want to grab some pips in the other direction... I might as well talk to a drunk man and he'd give me a better bias. Maybe somebody can relate to that :lol: .

Part of the reason why I decided to go with the Einstein Line, just take the trade.

Yep.

I go one tf up from my entry chart. At most overall look at H1 at that very moment.

1-min chart and Lightning cloud + 20 ma. 5-min HA.

Done.

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 pm

A bit fast on the first two entries, averaged with the third one.

XAUUSDH1.png
XAUUSDH1.png (63.76 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Last edited by Mira on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 pm

I wasn't able to trade fx for all the week.
The move started too fast and for most of my pairs it was a breakout, so i "experimented" different markets with success but it's tricky and complicated..
I didn't like that BTC trade for example, it took too much time (and focus). Price did nothing for more than a day, NOTHING :shock:
GOLD instead worked more similarly to fx pairs..

this is just my impression.. maybe i just should stay away from "exotics" :lol:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:01 am

Mira wrote:I wasn't able to trade fx for all the week.
The move started too fast and for most of my pairs it was a breakout, so i "experimented" different markets with success but it's tricky and complicated..
I didn't like that BTC trade for example, it took too much time (and focus). Price did nothing for more than a day, NOTHING :shock:

I'd stay away from Butt-Coin for a start. Joke market. Gold is fine and can in fact be a scalper's paradise.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 am

Also, we're chugging full speed deeper into December. I barely trade anything in December and well into January as, let's face it, there's a pretty big holiday happening round about this time!

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 am

LeMercenaire wrote:

I'd stay away from Butt-Coin for a start. Joke market. Gold is fine and can in fact be a scalper's paradise.

I don’t know why I had a problem posting the charts last night.

However I’ll stay away from crypto, joke market is the right name lol.
About holidays.. yes I know, but I’m in that phase that I can’t stay away from charts.
Testing, experimenting and improving all the time.. #-o #-o

Return to “TheRumpledOne”