Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Even more on GU

GBPUSDH4.png
GBPUSDH4.png (46.65 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

tom7ak

Postby tom7ak » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:53 pm

for any winner there has to be a looser. a winner bought it, who was the looser?...
you got 2 slow it down
and then u pick it up - PF
-----------------------------------

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Mira wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Ok, here we go.

DAX on H4 but as I said, it could be anything, on any time.

So, we have chunky candle 'B' breaking the high set by candle 'A', our ''Pointy Place''.

We draw a line across from that high off candle 'A' and through candle 'B'. That's our Z-Line (as I see Z-Lines).

We wait for price to come back to that level, which it does at candle 'C'. It doesn't quite touch it but I'll come back to that.

DE30.cH4asMOMOinfoForMira.png

Ok, so as I said, price didn't quite touch that Z-Line. Yes, we could have gone in anyway as we see price stalling and on the lower tf - if we were to use that technique - will have given us pa to work with. However, look what happens when we add a fib over that up move.

DE30.cH4asMOMOegForMiraIncFib.png

Now what we can do is fill the area between the Z-Line and the 50-level to give ourselves a Kill-Zone.

DE30.cH4asMOMOegForMiraIncFib+KillZone.png

I haven't gone down to lower tf as I wanted to keep this as simple as possible and anyway, as I have said, this is fractal and we could just as easily have been running this off the 1-min already.

So, that's how I do things. I like to keep it simple. I have talked before about how others run Z-Lines differently but for me, this makes sense to me and more importantly, it works.

Hope that helps even a little.

My take, fwiw
Above red line bullish, target triple top.
Close below and the first target is purple line. (middle of prev range)
Current up move needs to get on with it or..........

DE30H4.JPG

Thanks, it helps.
So, LeM, where would you have entered the trade? At the close of the wicker candle and targeting the 23.6 level?

And Pro mentioned targets.. I'm seeing how i'm trying to keep large targets but it's not working good.
Most of the trades that i take moves in direction of profit, however i don't know exactly where to take profits and a bad entry timing sometimes turns my wins into losses.
If i was targeting closer levels i'd be winning most of my trades, but trading H4 doesn't give me so many entries so i'd like to ride the weekly bar expansion somehow. Still trading for pips and not for money i guess #-o

What do you guys would do here?

I'd have entered Long on Candle C, as price came back out of that blue ''zone''.

I would ride it up as far as I felt it had gas in the tank, then take it (or leave it) from there. I have no set targets.

I very much trade for money, not pips.

withnail

Postby withnail » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:29 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mmmmm...not in the way I am meaning. Let me try and find a perfect example I can mark up (I will have to use mt4 marking as if I try and post any charts I actually draw on, I am told the files are too big!?!?!).

Anyway, bear with me.

Mmm sometimes it happens to me too.
I’ll be waiting, thank you!

Ok, here we go.

So, we have chunky candle 'B' breaking the high set by candle 'A', our ''Pointy Place''.

We draw a line across from that high off candle 'A' and through candle 'B'. That's our Z-Line (as I see Z-Lines).

We wait for price to come back to that level, which it does at candle 'C'. It doesn't quite touch it but I'll come back to that.

Ok, so as I said, price didn't quite touch that Z-Line. Yes, we could have gone in anyway as we see price stalling and on the lower tf - if we were to use that technique - will have given us pa to work with. However, look what happens when we add a fib over that up move.

Now what we can do is fill the area between the Z-Line and the 50-level to give ourselves a Kill-Zone.

I haven't gone down to lower tf as I wanted to keep this as simple as possible and anyway, as I have said, this is fractal and we could just as easily have been running this off the 1-min already.

So, that's how I do things. I like to keep it simple. I have talked before about how others run Z-Lines differently but for me, this makes sense to me and more importantly, it works.

Another option instead of the fib idea or as well as - Use the area between the z line and the turn just above that didn't reach back to the zero line.
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:45 pm

withnail wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Mmm sometimes it happens to me too.
I’ll be waiting, thank you!

Ok, here we go.

Another option instead of the fib idea or as well as - Use the area between the z line and the turn just above that didn't reach back to the zero line.

The thing with the fib is that it is less discretionary, however yes, I see where you are coming from and it would have been interesting to see if there was micro Demand on the lower time frame that covered that area (my thinking being that there would have been).

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:31 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
My take, fwiw
Above red line bullish, target triple top.
Close below and the first target is purple line. (middle of prev range)
Current up move needs to get on with it or..........

DE30H4.JPG

Thanks, it helps.
So, LeM, where would you have entered the trade? At the close of the wicker candle and targeting the 23.6 level?

And Pro mentioned targets.. I'm seeing how i'm trying to keep large targets but it's not working good.
Most of the trades that i take moves in direction of profit, however i don't know exactly where to take profits and a bad entry timing sometimes turns my wins into losses.
If i was targeting closer levels i'd be winning most of my trades, but trading H4 doesn't give me so many entries so i'd like to ride the weekly bar expansion somehow. Still trading for pips and not for money i guess #-o

I'd have entered Long on Candle C, as price came back out of that blue ''zone''.

I would ride it up as far as I felt it had gas in the tank, then take it (or leave it) from there. I have no set targets.

Yes I’d have closed the trade at the bell ring too
The long was high and late in the week (the last H4 bar) then that H4 bearish bar was a partial take profits line + bearish setup on the H1 + lower low.. even if it was still above the H4 midpoint.

However I couldn’t guarantee myself a profit in a situation like this.
As you can see I would have traded long as you and I’m happy to know this [-o<
Taking profits is my next step, I’d like to trade for money and not for pips too but I can’t have a ‘discretionary’ target as you do.. trust me I’ll lose everything :lol:

Thanks for your help guys, really appreciated. :mrgreen:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Thanks, it helps.

The long was high and late in the week (the last H4 bar) then that H4 bearish bar was a partial take profits line + bearish setup on the H1 + lower low.. even if it was still above the H4 midpoint.

Taking profits is my next step, I’d like to trade for money and not for pips too but I can’t have a ‘discretionary’ target as you do.. trust me I’ll lose everything :lol:

A discretionary target is more useful when scalping, as you are obviously building and adding to a bank quickly. On the H4, then it is less useful or suited. It is like scalping in slow motion.

Mira

Postby Mira » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

A discretionary target is more useful when scalping, as you are obviously building and adding to a bank quickly. On the H4, then it is less useful or suited. It is like scalping in slow motion.

Thank you LeM

The idea (MightyOne) is building up size using Space/Eights, aiming for a minimum target to add up and then trying to ride a big one when the size is fat.

Now I don’t know what to do in both the situations.. looking for an opposite line or using ATR.. or shading half of the position at the first target or, maybe, using some of that indi (I don’t know them very well, the first I remember is SAR).

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 am

tom7ak wrote:for any winner there has to be a looser. a winner bought it, who was the looser?...

If I win only the broker loses.
This is retail forex.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:11 am

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Thank you LeM

The idea (MightyOne) is building up size using Space/Eights, aiming for a minimum target to add up and then trying to ride a big one when the size is fat.

Now I don’t know what to do in both the situations.. looking for an opposite line or using ATR.. or shading half of the position at the first target or, maybe, using some of that indi (I don’t know them very well, the first I remember is SAR).

To start target only most recent swing H/L of HTF.
Always aim for others stops.
Someone on here said a looooong time ago.
"If you don't know where the buy/sell stops are resting it's probably yours that's going to get hit FIRST."

Or something to that effect.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Return to “TheRumpledOne”