How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: into the week...

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:16 am

Jalarupa wrote:Haven't posted in forever and I genuinely miss the traders here... so I just want to share what still works for me in terms of what I have been exposed to in this wonderful community.

I did this analysis on Sunday evening pre market open...

GBPUSD - basically 'could' have relied completely on the horizontal Zline, but I favor trying to figure areas where price will run into trouble prior to the move and trade that volatility into and out of the 'main' move... / Long term Bias is above or below the red triangles

First trade long into the highs... basically a scalp for 20 pips

Next I took a short off return to the Zline EURNZD (had been keen to short this pair for a while now, but had been waiting for MOMO - which eventually came last week)

Wasn't keen to hold it for the NZ rates event this morning...

Yesterday it was back to the GU for me and I got my entry as planned pre market open... always nice to see a '*censored - swear word*' candle in thin liquidity... stopped on the zline and reverted with haste...

Holding out for a move lower into red 'buyzone'

Had some fun with this one (also did analysis pre-market open)

and much to my surprise... THAT mess... became this... which I posted to my slack trading channel while I pondered the merits of a long off this level (it was a grueling internal conversation to be honest, because its not in my trading plan to take such risky trades without MOMO)

I caved went long and got lucky trading the spike up yesterday with the move up in USDCHF following the sell off in risk assets during EUR session... Got out when I thought USDCHF had peaked, cause Cable was selling off in my mind...

I continue to watch this pair for a way to play a long term trade on an appreciating GBP with positive carry... will wait for my definitive MOMO and Zline return before I get overly excited about the prospect... There is still the daunting prospect that the market will call the FED's bluff and they do not cut rates by 50bps in July and the CHF will appreciate brutally off of that event and looking at the USDCHF, there is still a lot of room to fall if the that happens... so I'm super cautious whilst keeping a longer term constructive view on GBPCHF

Besides this... I'm currently watching NZDUSD which is looking likt it may be topping...

I know I don't post much anymore, but I appreciate the fact that there are traders here, who have been here before I showed up and are still as active as ever... Taking the next generation of dreamers along with them by inspiring and mentoring as they have been inspired... You guys are the real deal and I salute you!

Jala! How are you? Nice to see you around!

I like angles but I’ve always skipped them.. are you saying that you draw cones before the market open and price respect them? :shock:

Thanks
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:01 am

Hey Mira,

I do not want to throw you off from your journey with horizontal lines... Like I showed, the horizontal lines are probably the MOST powerful but I use the vectors to assist with direction, velocity, confluence, continuation and exhaustion...

99.9% of the time there is a corresponding horizontal line either as a zline or failed zline retest...
:smt065

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:57 am

The situation for today so far..

AU: this is me trying to reverse fails just to see another fail. I need to stop it #-o

AUDUSDM5.png
AUDUSDM5.png (45.48 KiB) Viewed 2970 times

EJ: gave me some joy, i held half of the trade too much but i still made some pip

EURJPYM5.png
EURJPYM5.png (53.1 KiB) Viewed 2970 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:16 pm

The entry was a bit high: loss.

USDCADM5.png
USDCADM5.png (49.29 KiB) Viewed 2952 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:59 pm

b/e - commissions.

I hate the idea of closing at zero but i had no particular target for the trade.
Man, trading is *censored - swear word* complicated :evil:

NZDUSDM5.png
NZDUSDM5.png (49.12 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:06 pm

Mira wrote:b/e - commissions.

I hate the idea of closing at zero but i had no particular target for the trade.

NZDUSDM5.png

BE-Comm. is part of the game. If you only exit when in profit or your stop gets hit it makes it harder.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:27 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mira wrote:b/e - commissions.

NZDUSDM5.png

BE-Comm. is part of the game. If you only exit when in profit or your stop gets hit it makes it harder.

Thank you Alias

Days like this are exactly what I’ve been on for the last month.. then there is some day that I make a bit more and some day that I loose a bit more.
On the long run I’m loosing money btw.

I have to reconsider something I guess.

Sandra

Postby Sandra » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Simplify..... need to simplify... leave the 5min till you get the basics.

thoughts?

S

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Sandra wrote:Simplify..... need to simplify... leave the 5min till you get the basics.

thoughts?

S

Thanks Sandra

There are some days that I wonder how people (you all) can make money or even make a living with trading.

I sit in front of my pc and there are doji zones, then there are zlines, 3 semas, ATR, stop loss and position sizing.. and everything evolves or can change every one, two or three bars.

My brain goes :smt076

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Mira wrote:
Sandra wrote:Simplify..... need to simplify... leave the 5min till you get the basics.

thoughts?

S

Thanks Sandra

There are some days that I wonder how people (you all) can make money or even make a living with trading.

I sit in front of my pc and there are doji zones, then there are zlines, 3 semas, ATR, stop loss and position sizing.. and everything evolves or can change every one, two or three bars.

My brain goes :smt076

Sandra said simplify.
If your brain is overloaded then cut back.
Trade only one set-up type.
Move up to 15M chart
Don't position size on the smaller charts, just trade your smallest size for now.
I only put the SEMA on my chart because a few of you used it, I don't use it because it repaints.
I prefer Horizontal lines because they don't repaint.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”