How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:56 am

Mr. D wrote:
Mira wrote:My failed long from yesterday.

I think that my “good” moment in trading is over, again.
4+ years of trading and still I can’t do it, that’s ridiculous :lol:
I focused on only one method for more than a year, as the pros suggested me: nothing.

Risked lines, lost lines.
I’m sorry friends.. but I’m a bit tired of all this.

3FE44E05-2A0C-4E8A-907D-993A1E2FB364.png

G'day, Mira!

Be easy on yourself. Learning takes time. If you are looking for a more certain outcome, look at Billy bar at FF. The odds are in the upper 90s.

Thank you Mr. D!

I love LeM but I can’t face 1800+ pages on FF at the moment lol.
I won’t go into a new directional strategy because the mistake/mistakes I do are at the core of all the strategies around the web.

What is the mistake that I’m taking about?
Well I don’t know :lol:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am

Mira wrote:
Mr. D wrote:

I focused on only one method for more than a year, as the pros suggested me: nothing.

G'day, Mira!

Be easy on yourself. Learning takes time. If you are looking for a more certain outcome, look at Billy bar at FF. The odds are in the upper 90s.

Thank you Mr. D!

I won’t go into a new directional strategy because the mistake/mistakes I do are at the core of all the strategies around the web.

I respect that. Should you change your mind, the strategy is pretty simple; no need to read hundreds of pages. One pair, London open, two levels, 5 pip target. I'll be glad to send you a link by pm. No pressure. 8)

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:08 pm

Mira wrote:
Mr. D wrote:

G'day, Mira!

Thank you Mr. D!

Right soldier! On your FEET! Head up! Chest out! Eyes FORWARD! :D

Billy Bar

GU only. M15 tf.

Wait for 08:00 - 08:15 bar to close.

Trade the break of bar.

Aim for +5 (take more if you get it and stick it in your bank).

If first move fails, trade the retrace and chase the adr.

That's it.

Billy (of Billy's Bar himself) has crunched staggering numbers on this - all based on frequency distribution. He really knows his stuff. All the legwork has been done for you on this - trust the numbers.

The subtleties on the thing:

The adr is established over the last 20 days - excluding Sundays. Once that is established, reduce that number to a ''modest'' adr. That is, should the actual adr come in at, say, 100, then adjust your modest adr to 70, or even 60. Whatever, you see where that goes and what it gives you.

Originally we would run this using counter trades but ESMA has now made that more difficult for those on a tight budget. There is no reason whatsoever why you cannot run it using a fixed sl.

Also, Billy doesn't do this but I do, in that I will look to run a WZ entry off a fail. This gets me pips early and offsets any possible (very, very, rare but yes, still possible) double fail.

Although he doesn't use WZ tech specifically, he will look at using the retrace to claw back pips, so although he won't call it that as such, he is actually using the same techniques as WZ but just in a slightly different way.

Honestly, I know you are saying that you don't want to change direction again but it really is golden and money in the bank and not far removed from our techniques here.

On longer tf there is also the 00:00 - 04:00 uk bar AU set up. Traded exactly the same way - and can even be done by waiting for a fail on the initial move and trading only the retrace. That is astonishingly productive.

Let me know and we can walk through this together - I am sure there will be others here interested in it as well.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Another option would be good old Buy Zone. The numbers I was getting on that last test I ran last year were hugely impressive.

I should have followed up on that myself...got distracted.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:23 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Mr. D wrote:
G'day, Mira!

Thank you Mr. D!

Billy Bar

GU only. M15 tf.

Trade the break of bar.

That's it.

Billy (of Billy's Bar himself) has crunched staggering numbers on this - all based on frequency distribution. He really knows his stuff. All the legwork has been done for you on this - trust the numbers.

The adr is established over the last 20 days - excluding Sundays. Once that is established, reduce that number to a ''modest'' adr. That is, should the actual adr come in at, say, 100, then adjust your modest adr to 70, or even 60. Whatever, you see where that goes and what it gives you.

Originally we would run this using counter trades but ESMA has now made that more difficult for those on a tight budget. There is no reason whatsoever why you cannot run it using a fixed sl.

Also, Billy doesn't do this but I do, in that I will look to run a WZ entry off a fail. This gets me pips early and offsets any possible (very, very, rare but yes, still possible) double fail.

Although he doesn't use WZ tech specifically, he will look at using the retrace to claw back pips, so although he won't call it that as such, he is actually using the same techniques as WZ but just in a slightly different way.

Honestly, I know you are saying that you don't want to change direction again but it really is golden and money in the bank and not far removed from our techniques here.

On longer tf there is also the 00:00 - 04:00 uk bar AU set up. Traded exactly the same way - and can even be done by waiting for a fail on the initial move and trading only the retrace. That is astonishingly productive.

Let me know and we can walk through this together - I am sure there will be others here interested in it as well.

Kind of funny, how traders are looking at OPENING RANGES now (again). I started using the first day of the year, month, and week for opening range breakout opportunities. Set the trap and wait for price to get caught...LOL

TRO001.png
TRO001.png (85.61 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:Kind of funny, how traders are looking at OPENING RANGES now (again). I started using the first day of the year, month, and week for opening range breakout opportunities. Set the trap and wait for price to get caught...LOL

TRO001.png

Indeed! From which batch are the indicators for the opening ranges?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Thank you Mr. D!

Billy Bar

GU only. M15 tf.

Trade the break of bar.

That's it.

Kind of funny, how traders are looking at OPENING RANGES now (again). I started using the first day of the year, month, and week for opening range breakout opportunities. Set the trap and wait for price to get caught...LOL

TRO001.png

If you know that the ADR of a pair is "x" then you can set a tripwire at the Daily Open and you know it's going to move somewhere!

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:47 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Mr. D wrote:
G'day, Mira!

Thank you Mr. D!

Billy Bar

GU only. M15 tf.

Trade the break of bar.

That's it.

Thank you much guys.

This evening I’m going to test it and post some chart.
8.15 uk time is good to me, It would be 7.15 here so I have time before going to job.

When you say “trade the break of bar” do you mean to wait for a close over the H/L - O/C or with a stop order?
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm

TRO003.png
TRO003.png (92.08 KiB) Viewed 2568 times

Lem mentioned GBPUSD.

Simple plot of the first day of the year/month and week. Price broke through both.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Thank you Mr. D!

Billy Bar

GU only. M15 tf.

Trade the break of bar.

That's it.

Thank you much guys.

This evening I’m going to test it and post some chart.
8.15 uk time is good to me, It would be 7.15 here so I have time before going to job.

When you say “trade the break of bar” do you mean to wait for a close over the H/L - O/C or with a stop order?

Sorry, Mira, it's 8 am to 8:15 am UK, not pm. EDIT: (Just reread your comment and you say you will be heading to work even though it will be evening your time. So I assume I got it wrong and you realise it's am UK time and you are just in a different time zone, or if course you work night shift!)

We enter at market as price crosses the line. No buffer.

As it is possible to trade as WZ, so you can also trade it price crosses, closes over, retests level, stays below, enter.

The stats are based on the clean break however.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”