How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:You can also call on some exotic charting you have lying around to give an all-of-a-sudden very clear view of what's going on, when to get in, when to get out and when to sit on your hands...

UJ Daily DOTS Chart + Ichimoku

USDJPYDaily-DOTS+IchiOverview16th-17thOct18.png

Ok dots are too much for me :lol:

About the previous post instead, so you look at it more as confluence?
I know that 50% is a point of interest most of the times, but aren’t you looking for a breakout (as in the example below)?

Thanks LeM

8D59FBEB-C3A3-473C-A63A-F596A11DBEAC.jpeg

I would have been running that fib all the way up as price pushed higher.

I look at the 50 as a place where I know something will happen, so pay attention. In this case, the day didn't manage to close below and so I would be looking to go long.

However, I wouldn't be using this one thing there to make a final decision, as I will drop it down the time frames and have a closer look at what's going on.

You can then run a multitude of methods that suit the expectation of a long move - go in looking for a simple RAT move? Perhaps there is a 1-2-3 and / HOLO in there at some point?

How about Momo-Scalp with a long bias?

As always, what is micro S+D telling me?

If price had closed below, I would not be looking long. I wouldn't necessarily be looking short, just not long - not the same thing :D

I’m getting what you mean, thanks!
50% is a bomb.

Is there a specific place to start drawing the fibo?
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Ok guys I’m back with a live account.
I’m going to trade very small but I’m trying to build up SIZE fast with the correct use of EIGHTS.

I decided to start with an account SO small that I’m sure that I can post here a weekly/monthly statement without offend nobody :lol:

Let’s try to make a fortune :smt070

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Ok dots are too much for me :lol:

About the previous post instead, so you look at it more as confluence?
I know that 50% is a point of interest most of the times, but aren’t you looking for a breakout (as in the example below)?

Thanks LeM

8D59FBEB-C3A3-473C-A63A-F596A11DBEAC.jpeg

I would have been running that fib all the way up as price pushed higher.

I look at the 50 as a place where I know something will happen, so pay attention. In this case, the day didn't manage to close below and so I would be looking to go long.

However, I wouldn't be using this one thing there to make a final decision, as I will drop it down the time frames and have a closer look at what's going on.

You can then run a multitude of methods that suit the expectation of a long move - go in looking for a simple RAT move? Perhaps there is a 1-2-3 and / HOLO in there at some point?

How about Momo-Scalp with a long bias?

As always, what is micro S+D telling me?

If price had closed below, I would not be looking long. I wouldn't necessarily be looking short, just not long - not the same thing :D

I’m getting what you mean, thanks!
50% is a bomb.

Is there a specific place to start drawing the fibo?

Beginning of a move to the end.

You can also layer them. So for instance, you've run a move down from High to Low and now you have a bounce. One fib covers the top to bottom and another from the bottom to latest high. This gives you a dynamic turn zone - if price turns and retraces from this, then you have a new 50-Line tracking the move up.

This kind of thing is what I mean when I say I use a Fib-Map.

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Mira wrote:LOL 17450 active members!! PLEASE

This board is DEAD.
So much knowledge and only few people still posting.
LeM, TRO, Lib and me. Stop.

Guys, post away! Post here or open your own threads! Do something or this board is going to die forever.

1E8F974F-86FC-4070-B19D-C5B60B9DB419.png

Its a cycle ..very few trade rooms are still in operation .Retail traders are at an all time low , due to contracted markets and government enforced broker restrictions .Many of the "Gurus " have moved back into real estate or crypto currencies .Also most of the "older " traders here have become consistant with their preferred method and honestly have little left to say ..How did Doji say it "At some point you must stop learning and just start trading ". For the strugglers ,I will repeat Tro's advice "Pick. 1 market ,1 method. and MASTER IT .

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:24 pm

dchappy wrote:

This board is DEAD.

Guys, post away! Post here or open your own threads! Do something or this board is going to die forever.

Its a cycle ..very few trade rooms are still in operation .Retail traders are at an all time low , due to contracted markets and government enforced broker restrictions .Many of the "Gurus " have moved back into real estate or crypto currencies .Also most of the "older " traders here have become consistant with their preferred method and honestly have little left to say ..How did Doji say it "At some point you must stop learning and just start trading ". For the strugglers ,I will repeat Tro's advice "Pick. 1 market ,1 method. and MASTER IT .

You’re totally right.
I’ll be here, trading 1 method. 8)

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:11 am

dchappy wrote:

This board is DEAD.

I'm Not sure about stop learning, but there comes a point when you have to stop aggressively chasing the new better thing.

Being a Master at one method, 1 to 3 triggers, in a limited number of markets is the way to go.

Most people don't become professional MLB pitcher a NFL running back, and a NHL goalie successfully.

Be only a MLB pitcher, learn a few pitches and how to use them is various situations then you'll be better off.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:18 pm

aliassmith wrote:
dchappy wrote:

This board is DEAD.

I'm Not sure about stop learning, but there comes a point when you have to stop aggressively chasing the new better thing.

Being a Master at one method, 1 to 3 triggers, in a limited number of markets is the way to go.

Most people don't become professional MLB pitcher a NFL running back, and a NHL goalie successfully.

Be only a MLB pitcher, learn a few pitches and how to use them is various situations then you'll be better off.

Totally agree.

Gaining knowledge of new things is fun but when making a living, find something you're good at, that you enjoy (not necessarily the same thing but it helps - and at least you can do that until you find something that ticks both boxes) and do it well.

Having said all that, you made me think of Bo Jackson and I'm off to YT to relive those memories! (If anybody out there hasn't heard of Bo Jackson and you have any interest in sport at all, do yourself a favour and check him out - if the word awesome didn't exist, then someone would have to invent it to describe his talent! Played both Pro Football and Pro Baseball at the highest level in back-to-back seasons through the year).

Had the privilege of seeing him play for The Raiders.

You should see him just now, his fitness levels are astonishing.

He could have played pretty much any sport he fancied - check out his Wiki page.

Anyway...sorry, it's a slow day, lol. That was a nice diversion.

Where were we?

For us mere mortals...

Pick one thing...keep it as simple as you can make it...get as good at that one thing as you possibly can.

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:16 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
dchappy wrote:Its a cycle ..very few trade rooms are still in operation .Retail traders are at an all time low , due to contracted markets and government enforced broker restrictions .Many of the "Gurus " have moved back into real estate or crypto currencies .Also most of the "older " traders here have become consistant with their preferred method and honestly have little left to say ..How did Doji say it "At some point you must stop learning and just start trading ". For the strugglers ,I will repeat Tro's advice "Pick. 1 market ,1 method. and MASTER IT .

Totally agree.

Gaining knowledge of new things is fun but when making a living, find something you're good at, that you enjoy (not necessarily the same thing but it helps - and at least you can do that until you find something that ticks both boxes) and do it well.

Having said all that, you made me think of Bo Jackson and I'm off to YT to relive those memories! (If anybody out there hasn't heard of Bo Jackson and you have any interest in sport at all, do yourself a favour and check him out - if the word awesome didn't exist, then someone would have to invent it to describe his talent! Played both Pro Football and Pro Baseball at the highest level in back-to-back seasons through the year).

Had the privilege of seeing him play for The Raiders.

You should see him just now, his fitness levels are astonishing.

He could have played pretty much any sport he fancied - check out his Wiki page.

Anyway...sorry, it's a slow day, lol. That was a nice diversion.

Where were we?

For us mere mortals...

Pick one thing...keep it as simple as you can make it...get as good at that one thing as you possibly can.

Thank you guys!

Last summer I started to focus on a trading plan for the first time, stick to one method and stay focused.
Well, i'm not the best trader of the jungle but things are going a waaaay better.
There are moments that i start to see more, then my brain go 0 to 100 real quick so i learned to slow down and go back to the plan [-X :lol:

Sometimes i'm still confused about the direction, usually it happens when i go up&down between the time frames and i see different scenarios, breakouts and midpoints. However price will close above or below at some point, i accept the loss (just to see that my first choice was the right one lol).
Sometimes i still leave profits one the table trying to catch a "big one" and price comes back to zero me out, i know it.

Otherwise i'm VERY happy with my results and it's because of you [-o<

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:43 pm

I.e.

Since i'm trading off of #3 semas (or the daily H/L) on H1 charts, usually i find myself positioned at a weekly extreme.
Then i'm wondering if the Cash Zone was made for this kind of entries.

EURZARH1.png
EURZARH1.png (44.57 KiB) Viewed 2433 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Mira wrote:I.e.

Since i'm trading off of #3 semas (or the daily H/L) on H1 charts, usually i find myself positioned at a weekly extreme.
Then i'm wondering if the Cash Zone was made for this kind of entries.

EURZARH1.png

I have the Cash Zone indi but not sure exactly the best way to make use of it. Is there a specific way it was supposed to be traded?

Is it basically a Weekly Rat Zone?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”