free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:11 am

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
Mira as this site is pretty much a private club at this point I’ll let you in on a little secret. Those trendlines or channel we may say is meaningless.
Going back that far is off absolutely no use. Why do we stress holo, rat in other words price at extreme kind of trades. Because that is all that matters.

1. Price is at an extreme (ok check)
2. What is happening right now, extreme right of the chart and extreme right with a capital E. On a intraday low or high price needs to accumulate positions...people need to get stopped out.. nvm we all know this!! Just read ‘master the markets’ forgot about the volume stuff just the read the book that is it. Accumulation distribution accumulation distrubtion of an extreme all day every day.

This process can best been seen on the smallest timeframes.

There has to come a time in your trading where you have stop learning.

Poor Mo, now I truly understand why he is no longer posting.

Hey man, please don’t feel like I am coming down on you. And sorry if you cannot understand what I am writing ( I have trouble at times as well :).

Again only observe how a group of bars are closing at an extreme. Nothing else, that is it.

Fun how anything can happen, but what usually happens ends up happen? 1 high and 1 low.

As someone who believes that ''knowledge is power'', it may come as a surprise to hear that I agree with that highlighted statement. It's subtle, as I love to learn but yes, at some point you have to say that you are going to focus and any other stuff, is just for fun's sake...for the knowledge bank.

OK, I want to paint the perfect tree. So I paint that tree. I will look at as many techniques that I can find to help me find a way to paint that tree. However, should I come across a great method of painting dogs, although I may check it out, just for knowledge's sake, I will not try and use those techniques to help me paint that tree.

I have a love of research. I will do research for research's sake. I will test, test, then test some more. At some point, I need to shake myself out of it, or that's all I will ever do. A friend got me out of that, when not long after I started out on my own, he simply told me that he wasn't going to test a method with me any more, as at some point, the testing has to give way to actually doing it.

My way of weaning myself off but still indulging in the love of it, is to pile a ton of layers onto something and then systematically cut it all away, until the simplest way possible of doing something remains. You don't forget what you've learned - you just don't need it.

Price action. Candles are getting smaller and smaller. What's happening? Who knows - all I care about is the fact that at some point, they can't get any smaller and price will blow out one way or another.

My job is to find the simplest way to capture some of that energy.

I can guarantee that that will involve a line of some sort. and my entering as price crosses it.

Trade what you see - not what you think.

Dude I totally hear you. I love to learning everything and anything about trading as well. I have to force myself to only focus at the task at hand. I think it’s a psychologic thing. We are programmed to keep learning. Many professions, we have to continually learning new skills in order to improve.
Perfect example is IT. Technoloy is always advancing so we have to keep up. What changes in trading, absolute nothing.

Accumulation, take out as many stops as need, move up
Distribution, take out as many stops as need, move down

The brain simply cannot believe that it’s that simple.

Thank you guys!

It’s just curiosity, not that I need it to trade.
I’m always looking for methods to make more $$$ by looking less at charts :lol: :mrgreen:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:51 am

This will kill you and waste much of your time if you are not careful. You have been trading what 4 years now? Do want to spent another 4 years being curious? On kreslik you have learned from the some the best traders that I have ever come across. What else is there to learn. Pick one damn methodology based on the facts ( yes facts market can only move up and and down after folks have been taken out, or zeroed out whatever you want to call it). Look at consolidation areas like the 'best thing since sliced bread' (Mira just means this a good thing).

Question to Mira or whoever is silently lurking around: What is one way of trading if you had to choose today and never change a single thing for the rest of your life and never learn absolutely anything new? Ask yourself what is it? Personally I know myself I am no scalper like Lem and Tro. I tried holo and 123 trades that Lem discusses, Its just not for me. Setups doesn't suit my personality.

I need to feel and see what is going on. Who is getting stopped out, How fast is the market moving? how much momentum. Am at an extreme? is market closing higher with momo or no? Correlation? Yes a Yale student to some, but it works for me. I can't just jump in the market take 5 and get out. I fight it 'tooth and nail' until its settled.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:02 am

Leoheart wrote:It’s just curiosity, not that I need it to trade.

This will kill you and waste much of your time if you are not careful. You have been trading what 4 years now? Do want to spent another 4 years being curious? On kreslik you have learned from the some the best traders that I have ever come across. What else is there to learn. Pick one damn methodology based on the facts ( yes facts market can only move up and and down after folks have been taken out, or zeroed out whatever you want to call it). Look at consolidation areas like the 'best thing since sliced bread' (Mira just means this a good thing).

Question to Mira or whoever is silently lurking around: What is one way of trading if you had to choose today and never change a single thing for the rest of your life and never learn absolutely anything new? Ask yourself what is it? Personally I know myself I am no scalper like Lem and Tro. I tried holo and 123 trades that Lem discusses, Its just not for me. Setups doesn't suit my personality.

I need to feel and see what is going on. Who is getting stopped out, How fast is the market moving? how much momentum. Am at an extreme? is market closing higher with momo or no? Correlation? Yes a Yale student to some, but it works for me. I can't just jump in the market take 5 and get out. I fight it 'tooth and nail' until its settled.

LOL no thanks! 4 years of struggles are enough for me :lol:

However I’m trading only Doji zones (from p. 380 of Doji’s thread) + MO money managements. They work good and I’m not going to change them for a long time.

Thanks Leo

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 am

Mira wrote:

LOL no thanks! 4 years of struggles are enough for me :lol:

However I’m trading only Doji zones (from p. 380 of Doji’s thread) + MO money managements. They work good and I’m not going to change them for a long time.

Thanks Leo

Sweet, good deal.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:24 am

Nice one.

For me - bounce / rebound from S+D Zones. They are fractal, so the techniques will transfer over between time-frames, so you can run the method as a scalp on the m1 / m5 / m15, or longer term up on the H1 / H4 / Daily.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:30 am

Mira wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
As someone who believes that ''knowledge is power'', it may come as a surprise to hear that I agree with that highlighted statement. It's subtle, as I love to learn but yes, at some point you have to say that you are going to focus and any other stuff, is just for fun's sake...for the knowledge bank.

OK, I want to paint the perfect tree. So I paint that tree. I will look at as many techniques that I can find to help me find a way to paint that tree. However, should I come across a great method of painting dogs, although I may check it out, just for knowledge's sake, I will not try and use those techniques to help me paint that tree.

I have a love of research. I will do research for research's sake. I will test, test, then test some more. At some point, I need to shake myself out of it, or that's all I will ever do. A friend got me out of that, when not long after I started out on my own, he simply told me that he wasn't going to test a method with me any more, as at some point, the testing has to give way to actually doing it.

My way of weaning myself off but still indulging in the love of it, is to pile a ton of layers onto something and then systematically cut it all away, until the simplest way possible of doing something remains. You don't forget what you've learned - you just don't need it.

Price action. Candles are getting smaller and smaller. What's happening? Who knows - all I care about is the fact that at some point, they can't get any smaller and price will blow out one way or another.

My job is to find the simplest way to capture some of that energy.

I can guarantee that that will involve a line of some sort. and my entering as price crosses it.

Trade what you see - not what you think.

Dude I totally hear you. I love to learning everything and anything about trading as well. I have to force myself to only focus at the task at hand. I think it’s a psychologic thing. We are programmed to keep learning. Many professions, we have to continually learning new skills in order to improve.
Perfect example is IT. Technoloy is always advancing so we have to keep up. What changes in trading, absolute nothing.

Thank you guys!

I’m always looking for methods to make more $$$ by looking less at charts
:lol: :mrgreen:

That's fair. No harm, no foul.

If it's a question of price action knowledge - tbh, the only stuff you really need to know is to watch for Higher Highs / Lower Lows, Pins at levels-of-interest and momo breaks.

All the rest is just grit that gets in your eyes.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

Thank you guys!

If it's a question of price action knowledge - tbh, the only stuff you really need to know is to watch for Higher Highs / Lower Lows, Pins at levels-of-interest and momo breaks.

Beautifully said, or as we krelikins would say 'bodies in the direction of profit, wicks in the direction of loss'. I forget who first said that :wink: Probably in asia somewhere now on island talking to a soccer ball (jk).

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:22 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Thank you guys!

Beautifully said, or as we krelikins would say 'bodies in the direction of profit, wicks in the direction of loss'. I forget who first said that :wink: Probably in asia somewhere now on island talking to a soccer ball (jk).

Words to live by. 8)

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:

Thank you guys!

:cry:

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Dug this up from my inspirational stuff, not sure who said this but if I had to guess I would say the late Mark Douglas.

‘At the very core of one's ability 1) to trade without fear or overconfidence, 2) perceive what the market is offering from its perspective, 3) stay completely focused in the "now moment opportunity flow," and 4) spontaneously enter the "zone," it is a strong virtually unshakeable belief in an uncertain outcome with an edge in your favor.’

Me like the above.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”