How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Guys you have no idea about how is hard to understand that the 'line you are trading away from' is not necessarily the trigger. :lol:
It's a REAL elusive concept.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Mira wrote:Guys you have no idea about how is hard to understand that the 'line you are trading away from' is not necessarily the trigger. :lol:

Excuse me butting in but it's actually fine if you NEVER use the line as a trigger. A rat entry is perfectly fine as a trigger.
Take the daily open for example. You don't need to pull the trigger every time price touches the daily open. Look at the
candles moving away from the daily open and imagine RAT entries on each of them. Where would you have been profitable? Where
would you have taken a loss? The daily open is just a line, same as a zline, or any other line. The difference being with a zline
or an extreme
you generally only trade in one direction away from it.

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:51 pm

PhilipLangford wrote:
Mira wrote:Guys you have no idea about how is hard to understand that the 'line you are trading away from' is not necessarily the trigger. :lol:

Excuse me butting in but it's actually fine if you NEVER use the line as a trigger. A rat entry is perfectly fine as a trigger.
Take the daily open for example. You don't need to pull the trigger every time price touches the daily open. Look at the
candles moving away from the daily open and imagine RAT entries on each of them. Where would you have been profitable? Where
would you have taken a loss? The daily open is just a line, same as a zline, or any other line. The difference being with a zline
or an extreme

Thanks for replying Philip!

I’m seeing it exactly how you do, finally!
I always knew that but I understood what it means just a few days ago #-o
Thanks to PTG, LeM and IgazI, which showed on the board how one could trade away from the close/open price, I noticed that THAT line just creates a bias.. the trigger could a be RAT above or below the line, as you are saying.

Now this sounds obvious but it wasn’t for me :lol:

However I’m building my trading plan and it’s based on the Doji style for various reasons.
Again, only now I’m grasping what was Doji about when he said “don’t use the candles that form the zone, the next bars are the triggers”.

Ops.. I got it one year later lol :oops:

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Mira wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:

or an extreme

Thanks for replying Philip!

I’m seeing it exactly how you do, finally!
I always knew that but I understood what it means just a few days ago #-o
Thanks to PTG, LeM and IgazI, which showed on the board how one could trade away from the close/open price, I noticed that THAT line just creates a bias.. the trigger could a be RAT above or below the line, as you are saying.

Now this sounds obvious but it wasn’t for me :lol:

However I’m building my trading plan and it’s based on the Doji style for various reasons.
Again, only now I’m grasping what was Doji about when he said “don’t use the candles that form the zone, the next bars are the triggers”.

Ops.. I got it one year later lol :oops:

That's awesome that you finally got the line concept.
You might now see all those other ideas as just fancier and fancier ways of deciding where your 'line' is.
You might gain an edge using angles, zlines, S/D zones etc. But the daily open will usually do just fine.
Now let's join TRO, MO and the others and drain some banks dry :D

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:35 pm

You can only enter at a line or between lines; there are no other prices available :lol:

save.png
save.png (104.52 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Hey Mira,

Checking in on you bud. How is starting at Day1 & journaling working out for you?

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu May 03, 2018 11:35 am

Hello my friends :D how are you?

Excuse my silence, I took a few weeks off to focus on my first trading plan.
I needed to clear my mind, to SEE again and to write down the way that I’m going to trade.

Was that easy? Hell No :lol:
There are still a few details that I need to cover but what matters is that I started from an instinctive trading style to a “if-then” strategy.

I’ll try to show you my job later so, if you want, you can give me your opinion about it.

In the meanwhile I say Thanks to everybody for your precious help [-o<

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Mira wrote:Hello my friends :D how are you?

Excuse my silence, I took a few weeks off to focus on my first trading plan.
I needed to clear my mind, to SEE again and to write down the way that I’m going to trade.

Was that easy? Hell No :lol:
There are still a few details that I need to cover but what matters is that I started from an instinctive trading style to a “if-then” strategy.

I’ll try to show you my job later so, if you want, you can give me your opinion about it.

In the meanwhile I say Thanks to everybody for your precious help [-o<

Looking forward to seeing how you go!

Mira

Attempts to create a Trading Plan

Postby Mira » Thu May 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Ok the most is from Dojrock's method.

A close above the previous extreme (MOMO) and a close below the previous extreme (MOMO) create a Doji Zone.
The trade decision is based on the successive bar(s).

All this is explained a way better on the Doji's Journal

What i did is trying to give a my personal vision to all that Doji has shared with us.

Please: be sincere sharing your point of view about it. All i want to do is LEARNING to trade, at any cost (not any price :lol: )

Any pair and time frame (but i studied it for a D1 standalone).

1) Standard Entry (It's a 1-2-3 trade, where i'd try to trade away from a hypothetical point #3 as a TTE. Trading a BO over the point #2 is not part of the plan.)

- SL @ #1 (pivot DZ)
- ENTRY @ High/Low BO of a small bar around #3 (around: always between #1 and #2)
- TP 1:1 or opposite s/r (IF with colour)
1_STANDARD.png
1_STANDARD.png (38.26 KiB) Viewed 3069 times

2) French Kiss (Because the breakouts are one in front of the other lol.)

- SL @ #1 (pivot DZ)
- ENTRY w/Limit Order @ 50% of the second (the last) MOMO that formed the zone.
- TP @ closing time of 1 or 3 big bar in direction of profit. (the possibility to reduce risk taking partial profits @ the opposite side of the zone)

2_FRENCHKISS.png
2_FRENCHKISS.png (46.01 KiB) Viewed 3069 times

Mira

Attempts to create a Trading Plan - 2

Postby Mira » Thu May 03, 2018 9:49 pm

3) Late Entry ( I defined the trade a "late entry" when price reaches the zone after it made 2+ MOMO bars in direction of loss**. Price approaches the zone, it makes a MOMO in direction of profit (new DZ) and i trade in that way. I'd take only the first return to the pattern. )

Price CAN: close over the zone, wick the SL line.
Price CAN'T: close over the SL line.
Price MUST: make a MOMO bar in direction of profit after that it reached the zone (let's call it "new DZ").

A close with momentum over the zone would be a FLAT signal by the way.

- SL @ #3 (pivot original DZ)
- ENTRY @ the best price, usually the at/inside the new DZ.
- TP 1:1 or the first s/r (with colour).

3_LATE ENTRY_A.png
3_LATE ENTRY_A.png (51.14 KiB) Viewed 3067 times

4) SKIP

I'd skip (wait) the trade if price closes over the zone with MOMO or over the SL line (momo or not).

** PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AS A FAST-TRICK. What i mean is that price made some price action before reaching the zone again, not easy to define with words.
Last edited by Mira on Thu May 03, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”