HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:29 pm

OK. You got me. Let's look at some stuff.

Not HOLO, not anything in particular...but what I want to show here, is the fact that as you move up, the sheer simplicity of trading can be seen at its finest.

I always liken it to that view a house fly gets of life, how to it, we move in uber-slow-motion. There is time...time to think...time to analyse...time to really take a step back and just look.

However, another thing we have in our favour, is the fractal nature of markets. So our lines-in-the-sand still hold strong (you just draw them with a bigger stick).

So, here's where we start.

The Big-Dog MAs...200 and 100. I always like to run my squigglies as Red, White and Blue. Easy to remember. So below, I've got 200 - Red...100 - White...and well, the next one is a bit more personal. You can run anything from the 4 to the 20 (or even 30) as your Trigger or Guard Line. I have mine as 20.

All I will do is add the 50% Fib line along with the minor 23.6% and look for pullbacks to those levels.

Have a look. Here's the DAILY NASDAQ .

NASDAQ-LongTFinfo-200-100-20-cw-50fibPullBackDAILY3rdJan19crop.png
NASDAQ-LongTFinfo-200-100-20-cw-50fibPullBackDAILY3rdJan19crop.png (43.6 KiB) Viewed 3040 times

Now take a wander and you'll quickly find a chart or three from my scalping on the m1 charts. Look familiar?

The way we can begin to twist things now, is that on the Daily or Weekly or Monthly, or whatever, we have our set ups as just noted, however the difference is that whereas on the m1, we are going to go in on our trade when price hits and reacts at those lines, with barely a blink of hesitation, up in the stratosphere, we don't. We can go in right away if we want, however, what makes more sense is to use the information to give us our bias. Then we drop it down to the sharp end and fine tune that entry to our heart's content...and yes, use whatever method we want, breakout, Z-Line, 50% PB, S+D, yada-yada-yada.

This is an important lesson to learn. The fact that you already know all this! I have a feeling that there is an expectation that I am going to come in here and unveil the big shiny grail...or at the very least Excalibur rising back up out of that sodding lake! It's just not true.

What I will look to do, is try and show how you can take something you already maybe sort of know something about and see how you can use it in a way that maybe you hadn't thought of before.

That's why I chose to go with HOLO / 1-2-3 to begin with.

If the other thing I'm working on comes good, then that may let me branch this out into a stand alone thread. We'll see.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Today - again, not HOLO initially but I wanted to show how one thing can lead you into another, ie, we get our bias and then we look for the entry method we want - in this case, HOLO - but just running with this just now - CADCHF DAILY...

CADCHFDaily-AnyoneIntoThisIdeaJan4th19.png
CADCHFDaily-AnyoneIntoThisIdeaJan4th19.png (40.95 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

View #2

CADCHFDaily-view2-Jan4th19.png
CADCHFDaily-view2-Jan4th19.png (40.5 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

View #3
This screen is edited to remove that pesky software info, I'm afraid. However, all you need to know is that it tells us we have a SELL BIAS coming (The main bias is Sell but it is in a Pull Back - a weak one).

CADCHFDaily=View3-Edited-SELLBIASCOMING-Jan4th18crop.png
CADCHFDaily=View3-Edited-SELLBIASCOMING-Jan4th18crop.png (36.24 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

Now as H4 HOLO info.

CADCHFH4asHOLOinfoJan4th19.png
CADCHFH4asHOLOinfoJan4th19.png (37.4 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

There is a Supply Zone above at 0.73848 - this is our HOLO Area of Interest.

In fact, I'll just show it, here with added H4 and Daily HOLO levels...

CADCHFH4cwH$andDailyHOLOlines4thJan18.png
CADCHFH4cwH$andDailyHOLOlines4thJan18.png (43.39 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

So, already you can see how we can use a quick scan over a series of layers to get the info we need. I have never in my life traded CADCHF, so I should say that I have no idea whatsoever if this will even play out in any way at all, it just so happens that this was the screen that had as much of the needed info to hand at the time!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:11 pm

I just looked closer and the spread is insane on this thing, lol. Now I remember why I don't trade it, lol.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:05 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:OK. You got me. Let's look at some stuff.

If the other thing I'm working on comes good, then that may let me branch this out into a stand alone thread. We'll see.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:56 pm

TRO brings me quickly to another point to bear in mind.

Again, I have mentioned this before but it's worth saying again in the context of this conversation. I will build a layered background of information and then pretty ruthlessly hack away at it until it is is simple a method as I can get.

For now, don't panic Boss, this is just the background stage! :)

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Thanks for your posts LeM.

Can I ask you how you would have played NZDUSD today?
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Mira wrote:Thanks for your posts LeM.

Can I ask you how you would have played NZDUSD today?

Because of the outlier move of the earlier flash crash, I would likely not have been that keen to go anywhere near NU but if I had my arm twisted, I would have at least waited until some kind of steadiness had returned.

From there, because any kind of technical indicator using pivots etc would likely be off-kilter, I'd look for the pure price action play.

Knowing that there would be players making silk purses out of sows' ears and taking advantage of that drop, I'd be looking for a climb.

Once I got that climb - if I did - then I would simply have played it like any other standard directional move and looked for Fib Pull-Backs.

As it turned out, that's exactly what we got, even going so far as showing the classic ''US Session reversing the UK Session'' move after the UK Session had reversed the Asian, lol. It didn't go so far as a full deep drop to the 50% but the minor 23.6 worked just fine, especially with the backing of the Ichi Cloud.

NZDUSD H1 Fib Pull-Back Entry (Minor level 23.5%) Long off of Long Bias.

NZDUSD-H1-PlayTodayInfo4thJan19crop.png
NZDUSD-H1-PlayTodayInfo4thJan19crop.png (48.68 KiB) Viewed 2964 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 pm

If you had been willing to run levels, then an even simpler option would have been to drop Pivots over the picture.

Check that out!

NZDUSD H1 Pivot Entry Variant

NZDUSD-H1-PlayTodayInfo4thJan19-PivotVariant-crop.png
NZDUSD-H1-PlayTodayInfo4thJan19-PivotVariant-crop.png (48.51 KiB) Viewed 2962 times

I can say that even if I was aware of the possible Flash-Crash distortion, I wouldn't have been able to resist dropping the Pivots on there - and once I'd seen how it tied into the Fib level I'd have been even more sure of the entry.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Quite funny, in fact. There is a new(ish) and now very popular thread over in ''The Other Place'' which is using three MAs and a pullback for entry. Includes one filter - pivot level - and running on H1.

As you will all now know from these and similar posts in the past, this method was old when God was a boy but you should see them all - wow...the grail has been found!

The OP is a genius! How has she come up with this revelation?! You gotta' laugh.

Have a good weekend, friends and I shall catch you on the other side.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:16 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:TRO brings me quickly to another point to bear in mind.

Again, I have mentioned this before but it's worth saying again in the context of this conversation. I will build a layered background of information and then pretty ruthlessly hack away at it until it is is simple a method as I can get.

For now, don't panic Boss, this is just the background stage! :)

I never panic. Just keeping a watchful eye. :shock:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”