HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun May 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:Ok I am not aware of the 123 entry method or rules. I guess price at a new high or low makes new high or low but closes opposite color that would be a 123 set up. I there rules for that? What indi showing on holo thread paints the supply zone, not sure how that is formed there? thanks

I posted up an explanation / roundup over on Achoo's Daily Forex Trading thread.

The main rules are:

1: Did the H1 bar (#1) make a new High on the day?
If yes, then...
2: Did the following H1 bar (#2) try and fail to make a new High?
If yes, then...
3: Enter SHORT as price crosses back down across the Open Level of Bar #2. (Marked with red circle on the chart below).

Opposite for Long entries.

therumpledone/daily-forex-trading-t19647/page430

The S+D indi is a separate entity of mine.

Why not wait for bar #2 to close and then smash its open with bar3? Considering bar#2 is not a shack out bar. (You know how open bars are, turn on you like pair of cunning Siamese cats aka women).

Yep, that's another method that I call a ''Plopper'' (for reasons I won't get into here, lol). It is basically a ''late-1-2-3''.

I found that these work across m30, H1 and H4 time-frames and when you add an ema 60 (I think it was a 60...may have been a 20, I'd need to go check) and you traded the patterns that had the ''point'' aiming at the line, so away from the sma, they were particularly strong signals.

There was a thread started over in The Other Place that looked at this but it died out as the three of us each liked one particular variant over the others. This was no bad thing - they all worked - but the thread starter ended up moving onto something else on longer time-frames.

This 1-2-3 is fine so long as you use it in combination with a lock-in tp technique, bagging say 90 - 95% at +5 and letting the rest run. As I've mentioned, I also use counter trades if it turns before I am happy to close out.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sun May 20, 2018 6:15 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

I posted up an explanation / roundup over on Achoo's Daily Forex Trading thread.

The main rules are:

1: Did the H1 bar (#1) make a new High on the day?
If yes, then...
2: Did the following H1 bar (#2) try and fail to make a new High?
If yes, then...
3: Enter SHORT as price crosses back down across the Open Level of Bar #2. (Marked with red circle on the chart below).

Opposite for Long entries.

therumpledone/daily-forex-trading-t19647/page430

The S+D indi is a separate entity of mine.

Why not wait for bar #2 to close and then smash its open with bar3? Considering bar#2 is not a shack out bar. (You know how open bars are, turn on you like pair of cunning Siamese cats aka women).

Yep, that's another method that I call a ''Plopper'' (for reasons I won't get into here, lol). It is basically a ''late-1-2-3''.

I found that these work across m30, H1 and H4 time-frames and when you add an ema 60 (I think it was a 60...may have been a 20, I'd need to go check) and you traded the patterns that had the ''point'' aiming at the line, so away from the sma, they were particularly strong signals.

There was a thread started over in The Other Place that looked at this but it died out as the three of us each liked one particular variant over the others. This was no bad thing - they all worked - but the thread starter ended up moving onto something else on longer time-frames.

This 1-2-3 is fine so long as you use it in combination with a lock-in tp technique, bagging say 90 - 95% at +5 and letting the rest run. As I've mentioned, I also use counter trades if it turns before I am happy to close out.

''Plopper'' :lol: Ok I won't ask you to elaborate any further. You are a funny character.

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:

''Plopper'' :lol: Ok I won't ask you to elaborate any further. You are a funny character.

Hey can you show a chart of a Plopper? Sound almost like a zline trade if #2 bar closes as a momo? Thanks
Your friend Brett

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sun May 20, 2018 9:57 pm

brettnchrism wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Hey can you show a chart of a Plopper? Sound almost like a zline trade if #2 bar closes as a momo? Thanks

No, No buddy - In a scenario as such, We (I) do not want the bar #2 to closes as momo.

Picture this:

* Price makes a high
* Bar #2 closes with massive momo.

Now we have a predicament aka is the momo or not?. This picture above tells me this is a shake out, IF I am not reading price action correctly to the left. Zlines are only taking in context with what happened prior. Who got smashed ( stops)? Bar # 3 has not closed yet so that wick you see may possibly be an illusion.

Trading in this fashion, We(I) are only here to grab +5 (out 95%) and run for the hills. So yeah no momo, perhaps inside bar will be more ideal.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

I'll try and find some examples and that'll show the move clearly.

The issue of the big mono bar throwing the Plopper under the bus is why the 1-2-3 works instead of waiting for the bar to close and taking that Plopper play.

I have to stop saying Plopper now...

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sun May 20, 2018 10:40 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:I'll try and find some examples and that'll show the move clearly.

The issue of the big mono bar throwing the Plopper under the bus is why the 1-2-3 works instead of waiting for the bar to close and taking that Plopper play.

I have to stop saying Plopper now...

:lol: Lem had a serious case of indigestion when he came up with that name :lol: ( ok now I have to stop).

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Mon May 21, 2018 12:23 pm

AU HOLO trade...looks correct made a small mistake putting in limit order it kicked back to market entry why there is a entry above the open...:)
Your friend Brett

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Mon May 21, 2018 12:46 pm

brettnchrism wrote:Image

AU HOLO trade...looks correct made a small mistake putting in limit order it kicked back to market entry why there is a entry above the open...:)

-7 well not a great way to start the week, let try it again next hour
Your friend Brett

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Mon May 21, 2018 1:11 pm

second go at it EJ short
Your friend Brett

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Mon May 21, 2018 1:52 pm

brettnchrism wrote:Image

second go at it EJ short

Took +8 left some to run... =D>
Your friend Brett

Return to “TheRumpledOne”