LeMercenaire

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:44 am

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Most definitely the last for the day...probably :lol:

Came out of a TooSlow 1-2-3 set-up.

InkedEURJPYM5asHOLOoutof1-2-3set-up19thDec17_LICROP.jpg

Nice trading buddy.

What is that indicator on your charts? I am always up for playing around with H line Indis. So are you generally using this indi as S&R.

Ok, just checked the linked post and the indi on that is the HOLO one. The top red line is the high on the day. The lower (not-quite-as-red) red line is the new highest open on the H1 tf.

We are looking for price to break into that zone, the ''Area of Interest''. The official rule is then that we wait for an m15 or m5 (personal choice - you can even go down to the m1 if you really want) candle to open in that area. Once that happens, we enter as price crosses back over the lower level (in the case of a short, as here).

Now, I don't actually wait for the candle to open in the area any more. I use the ''dipping'' entry I used to use on similar methods back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, which means I simply wait for price to return over the line, not having to have a candle open in there. That's my call.

You go short out of a red zone, long out of a blue one.

I do, as you have seen, use S+D Zones to add weight to any decision to go in and especially down on the lower time-frames, where I will use micro-S+D Zones to fine tune my entries.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:11 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Most definitely the last for the day...probably :lol:

Came out of a TooSlow 1-2-3 set-up.

InkedEURJPYM5asHOLOoutof1-2-3set-up19thDec17_LICROP.jpg

Nice trading buddy.

What is that indicator on your charts? I am always up for playing around with H line Indis. So are you generally using this indi as S&R.

Ok, just checked the linked post and the indi on that is the HOLO one. The top red line is the high on the day. The lower (not-quite-as-red) red line is the new highest open on the H1 tf.

We are looking for price to break into that zone, the ''Area of Interest''. The official rule is then that we wait for an m15 or m5 (personal choice - you can even go down to the m1 if you really want) candle to open in that area. Once that happens, we enter as price crosses back over the lower level (in the case of a short, as here).

Now, I don't actually wait for the candle to open in the area any more. I use the ''dipping'' entry I used to use on similar methods back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, which means I simply wait for price to return over the line, not having to have a candle open in there. That's my call.

I do, as you have seen, use S+D Zones to add weight to any decision to go in and especially down on the lower time-frames, where I will use micro-S+D Zones to fine tune my entries.

Super, I understand. The s+d indi. How is it calculated, what is logic behind it? Do you mind sharing? Sorry if you already went over this. The main levels that have been ingrained in my head for sometime now are currently D1 H/L and previous D1 H/L. I base most of my decision off these levels. Your charts peaked my interest in exploring Holo at h1.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:30 am

Cable opens the day.

InkedGBPUSDM5asHOLOtoopentheday20thDec17CROP_LI2.jpg
InkedGBPUSDM5asHOLOtoopentheday20thDec17CROP_LI2.jpg (233.65 KiB) Viewed 2536 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am

Out...

InkedGBPUSDM5cableexit20thDec17_LICROP.jpg
InkedGBPUSDM5cableexit20thDec17_LICROP.jpg (131.45 KiB) Viewed 2533 times

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
Nice trading buddy.

Super, I understand. The s+d indi. How is it calculated, what is logic behind it? Do you mind sharing? Sorry if you already went over this. The main levels that have been ingrained in my head for sometime now are currently D1 H/L and previous D1 H/L. I base most of my decision off these levels. Your charts peaked my interest in exploring Holo at h1.

I am thinking maybe 10 to 20 pips off the current D1 H/L is the most powerful S+D zone, No?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Leoheart wrote:
Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

I am thinking maybe 10 to 20 pips off the current D1 H/L is the most powerful S+D zone, No?

Hey ho - we're back up and running. Lots of lost posts though. I honestly can't remember if you had seen and replied to the post where I answered this question for you, Leoheart. Soooooo...for the sake of some sort of continuity, this is pretty much how I replied:

Super, I understand. The s+d indi. How is it calculated, what is logic behind it? Do you mind sharing? Sorry if you already went over this. The main levels that have been ingrained in my head for sometime now are currently D1 H/L and previous D1 H/L. I base most of my decision off these levels. Your charts peaked my interest in exploring Holo at h1.[/quote]

I am thinking maybe 10 to 20 pips off the current D1 H/L is the most powerful S+D zone, No?[/quote]

I run the S+D purely from the indicator (one I came to after researching the subject). I can draw my own zones but hey, the indi does it just as well. I treat it like driving an automatic car - I know that the pedal on the right makes it go and the one on the left makes it stop. If I want to know more, i can get off my ass and learn about it, if not, I don't need to.

These guys sum it all up as good as anyone I came across: forexmentoronline (dot) com/ search supply + demand

As for the current D1 H/L making the most powerful S+D zone, well, you would think that - but actually, no. It's the Weekly time-frame that is the big-hitter. Rock-solid. Everything else builds from there.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Oh yeah and also...Your charts peaked my interest in exploring Holo at h1....

As an aside, I have been revisiting my interest in running a HOLO set-up on the Weekly (5-Day) and H4 New H / L levels combo (as well as the Monthly / Daily set-ups).

This is the kind of thing I used to trade in my days working for The Man (and TS' 1-2-3). I also reckon WZ is equally valid up in the big boy time-frames, they're all fractal, after all.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:14 am

This year's been a blast but apparently we need to stop trading for a while at this time of year for some holiday or another, lol.

Only joshing - I'm outta' here and just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

See y'all later. Cheers!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:32 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Oh yeah and also...Your charts peaked my interest in exploring Holo at h1....

As an aside, I have been revisiting my interest in running a HOLO set-up on the Weekly (5-Day) and H4 New H / L levels combo (as well as the Monthly / Daily set-ups).

This is the kind of thing I used to trade in my days working for The Man (and TS' 1-2-3). I also reckon WZ is equally valid up in the big boy time-frames, they're all fractal, after all.

I mentioned in one of the ''lost'' posts that when you think of it, all we're doing here with this is trading a scaled-up Rat Zone. The only variable would be the size of the zone on the Weekly / Monthly.

As I am sure the choice of 20 pips for THE Rat Zone was in no way arbitrary, then whatever formula gave us that number will be able to be applied to the Weekly / Monthly.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:55 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Oh yeah and also...Your charts peaked my interest in exploring Holo at h1....

I mentioned in one of the ''lost'' posts that when you think of it, all we're doing here with this is trading a scaled-up Rat Zone. The only variable would be the size of the zone on the Weekly / Monthly.

As I am sure the choice of 20 pips for THE Rat Zone was in no way arbitrary, then whatever formula gave us that number will be able to be applied to the Weekly / Monthly.

LeMercenaire,

My reply totally got wiped out. But to sum up - I like when you say "all we're doing here with this is trading a scaled-up Rat Zone", because from my limited understand of HOLO - that is what I see. HOLO setups appear to be (for me) within the Ratzone for intraday trading.

You are right friend, Weekly levels are more superior to daily - hands down.

About the Supply and Demand indi that you are using - is it open source? Meaning mq4 file? Curious, I would like to take a look inside, if its ok with you.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”