HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby v8power » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:28 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:For those that didn't know, I wrote a HOLO EA.

Based on the following idea by TRO:
HIGHEST H1 OR M30 (ptg) OPEN of the day
IF M5 OPENS ABOVE... GO SHORT AT HO
LOWEST H1 OR M30 OPEN of the day
IF M5 OPENS BELOW.. GO LONG AT LO
At BE+5.. MOVE SL TO BE+1... AT BE+10 MOVE SL TO BE+5

Had some time to go over HOLO results - TRO rules + TP half @ 10 and rest @ 20.  Not profitable, worse if it is limited to only NY sessions, and worse yet if the trailing stops are used.  I think with a much larger TP or dynamic TP, loosened trails, advanced MM and some filters, it could work, but it wouldn't be the original idea.

If my memory serves me a lot of TRO idea's have been backtested or EA made and failed. But when used by a good trader and at opportune times they are amazing.

I need you to write me some EA's or sell me some of your bots so I can stop trading so much, haha

The problem with EA's and backtests are they are not reality.
That is why I use statistics to show me the edge.

I LOVE STATS!!!!
But I do mine by hand every day for 20 pairs which sucks. But it gives me an amazing edge. I use almost ally your ideas (rat, bz, dtb, buzz)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:33 pm

EURJPYM15.png
EURJPYM15.png (45.94 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
AUDJPYH1.png
AUDJPYH1.png (37.16 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:20 pm

v8power wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
v8power wrote:
If my memory serves me a lot of TRO idea's have been backtested or EA made and failed. But when used by a good trader and at opportune times they are amazing.

I need you to write me some EA's or sell me some of your bots so I can stop trading so much, haha

I LOVE STATS!!!!
But I do mine by hand every day for 20 pairs which sucks. But it gives me an amazing edge. I use almost ally your ideas (rat, bz, dtb, buzz)

Just make sure you fully understand and are honest about the stats - here's a strategy: OnUptick, GoLong. I can show beautiful stats which show all the money you can gather using this strategy. I can show the same for OnUptick, GoShort. So, which one has efficacy? Neither, sadly. Efficacy of the entry would be proven once a broad range of exit rules proved profitable, projected onto out-of-sample data.

Without ALL the rules in place, it isn't a strategy, it's just gambling. Of course, there are many very successful gamblers, but it's a fallacy to think that the stats are driving the success. I found no efficacy in HOLO as an entry over a random entry. So, if you are making money using HOLO, you should take all of the credit, as the subjective decisions you are making are the drivers of the profits.

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:

I LOVE STATS!!!!

Just make sure you fully understand and are honest about the stats - here's a strategy: OnUptick, GoLong. I can show beautiful stats which show all the money you can gather using this strategy. I can show the same for OnUptick, GoShort. So, which one has efficacy? Neither, sadly. Efficacy of the entry would be proven once a broad range of exit rules proved profitable, projected onto out-of-sample data.

Without ALL the rules in place, it isn't a strategy, it's just gambling. Of course, there are many very successful gamblers, but it's a fallacy to think that the stats are driving the success. I found no efficacy in HOLO as an entry over a random entry. So, if you are making money using HOLO, you should take all of the credit, as the subjective decisions you are making are the drivers of the profits.

Oh, I have no concept or idea on this strategy. I was just saying how I subjectively use TRO's older eyes and make money. That's all.

How you been, when is that mustang gonna be on the street?

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:20 pm

v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:
I LOVE STATS!!!!

Oh, I have no concept or idea on this strategy. I was just saying how I subjectively use TRO's older eyes and make money. That's all.

All good - not a Mustang though - '65 Shelby Cobra replica made by Backdraft - it's on the street, but it's a bit much for the street with what is essentially a nascar motor in a 2K lb shell. Fun though - from a stop, could easily die in about 3 seconds :lol:

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:

All good - not a Mustang though - '65 Shelby Cobra replica made by Backdraft - it's on the street, but it's a bit much for the street with what is essentially a nascar motor in a 2K lb shell. Fun though - from a stop, could easily die in about 3 seconds :lol:

I love u :mrgreen: you see the lambo UGR has for sale. 2500hp!!!!! Hell yea. And what is this stuff about to much for the street. YOu need to come to Detroit. We are and always will be the heart of street racing (but yea only 2k shell *censored - swear word* man!!!) You see the special 50th Daytona's by Shelby? They weigh about the same sa yours but you blow them out in power.

I think I m gonna build an "Elenaro" 60 sec car, sunset orange (its my color long story) black stripes with a supped up terminator motor (I love the torque on those things, like a big block).

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Doesn't Houston have Detroit beat for street racing??? I don't even do many car club drives anymore, never mind roll-on racing - a few years back a bunch of guys from my club were doing cannonball run - they had just left SF and the 1st stop was LA... Some rubbernecking guy in a pickup towing a Winnebago jackknifed and flipped. Apparently he was trying to get better looks at the exotics flying by and lost control. Everyone in the convoy was sued and I know at least 3 of them paid their way out of it. Everyone on the drive was culpable because their mere presence was considered contributory/inducement according to the law. So, beware the risks of driving in a group.

Orange Eleanor sounds awesome. Not my choice for motor, though. That's a 3K lb car, so huge torque isn't needed. Termi motor is also very heavy, and with poor weight distribution. Just do an alluminator (Coyote) with a whipple up top. You'll have 700+ to the wheels, all the torque you want, 8K RPM's to play with, smaller and lighter than the old termi. Will run about 20K for the motor. Mine was about the same, but I'm naturally aspirated, carb'd, 9K RPM's, and ~100lbs lighter. I need race gas, though, otherwise I'd be at about 600 to the wheels with a different carb. Mine is a Yates D3.

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Sacrophage wrote:Doesn't Houston have Detroit beat for street racing??? I don't even do many car club drives anymore, never mind roll-on racing - a few years back a bunch of guys from my club were doing cannonball run - they had just left SF and the 1st stop was LA... Some rubbernecking guy in a pickup towing a Winnebago jackknifed and flipped. Apparently he was trying to get better looks at the exotics flying by and lost control. Everyone in the convoy was sued and I know at least 3 of them paid their way out of it. Everyone on the drive was culpable because their mere presence was considered contributory/inducement according to the law. So, beware the risks of driving in a group.

Orange Eleanor sounds awesome. Not my choice for motor, though. That's a 3K lb car, so huge torque isn't needed. Termi motor is also very heavy, and with poor weight distribution. Just do an alluminator (Coyote) with a whipple up top. You'll have 700+ to the wheels, all the torque you want, 8K RPM's to play with, smaller and lighter than the old termi. Will run about 20K for the motor. Mine was about the same, but I'm naturally aspirated, carb'd, 9K RPM's, and ~100lbs lighter. I need race gas, though, otherwise I'd be at about 600 to the wheels with a different carb. Mine is a Yates D3.

I cant say for sure but street light racing, I don't think anyone will beat Detroit. Woodward, Telegraph and Gratiot are stretts built around street raci9ng. Then there is the dream cruise. Largest car show in the world, over 1.5 million last year. its crazy. We never drive in groups. Its light to light, pinks for pinks or green for green.

Alright about me and my past. I use to street hustle before the termi so that's all I know. That motor in in 03 even with that shitty IRS was insane. Then I sold it to my legit money partner and bough me an 02 Camaro z28 sunset orange, threw some black rims, true dual exhaust,cam and spray and made everyone my bitch (why I love that color). Yates D# are sweet but im sure you coulod easily get more then 600 with out race gas if (just my opinion). That's a everyday drive in Detroit. But 8 and 9k rpms aint. *censored - swear word* a cartb, EFI all day, my boy had his term in low 9 off stock motor abd some s**t.

But with that said I still love your car and at 2k and traction you should be in 9 or 8 sec quarter. Low end torque with high reving rpm is just amazing so mad respect on that.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Hey Guys, start a racing thread.
This is HOLO trading.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:41 pm

EURJPYM15.png
EURJPYM15.png (39.95 KiB) Viewed 3942 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”