forexjpn's trade journal

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

jrtrading

Re: forexjpn's trade journal

Postby jrtrading » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Very helpful posts, thanks for that. In particular the post about long term trading.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:33 am

jrtrading wrote:Very helpful posts, thanks for that. In particular the post about long term trading.

Thank-you for the kind words..... I must confess that I have drifted back down to H1 as my mainstay. The rest regarding trusting the extreme etc, is still all valid though.
Trading D1,H8 and H4 taught me a lot.....
The most important thing I got from it was forcing myself to start with small lot sizes and building up from there.
Until then, I was basically going around in circles with larger lot sizes that would scare me out of my positions and/or prevent me from entering the next trade.

v8power

Postby v8power » Wed May 18, 2016 3:04 am

Do a combination of all time frames from 15m to daily/weekly. You will love it. Start from the higher time frames and work down doing your anaylsis. Then for example lets say you intiate a trade remember it could actually be 2 (when short term and one long term). Here are some examples. 15m and 1hr

15m with 4hr overlays and daily/weekly high marked off

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Wed May 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks for posting V8.... Am looking closely at all your posts/charts. As I mentioned before, highly appreciated and very inspirational.

v8power

Postby v8power » Wed May 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Well if u want feel free to post your charts and trades. That plus just getting real life expierence with the charts is what made everything click. And if u want I can post mine if u want.

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:46 am

New chapter in my trading:

Planning to log HTF trades, with primary focus on D1...... have been planning to do this for a while but never got around to it.
Ultimate goal is to trade D1 exclusively in the future, hope this gets me there!
For the most part I'll be trading D1 off of D1 (i.e: no dialing down)

Here's the first chart only as reference point of where I'm starting, no trades yet.

Initial thoughts.... Price has reached a key level, will watch and react to PA in this area (amazing insight)

Keep in mind, this is D1, so it may be slow moving.......
Attachments
image.png
image.png (200.23 KiB) Viewed 5179 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm

I promise to try my hardest not to post to much in your thread. But I would look at the MN and take into account the News (this week) and not trying to start a pissing match, but watch around march/april time (tax time). Also watch how the candles form. What r u looking at

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:I promise to try my hardest not to post to much in your thread. But I would look at the MN and take into account the News (this week) and not trying to start a pissing match, but watch around march/april time (tax time). Also watch how the candles form. What r u looking at

Hello Mr. Hyde,
Please post away...... I enjoy reading all your posts!
As for what I'm looking at, I trade D1 bar by bar and react. The only prediction I make is believing that price will reach a particular line I believe to be significant and then I go back to reacting to PA at that line. Right now I'd like to see a green bar form and decide whether I feel price will continue downward or reverse upward. Looking to the left, price seems to have reached a sticky area, so although I like how the last candle formed, I made it a rule to avoid late WRB, particularly ones that close right into S/D areas.
What are your thoughts?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (136.71 KiB) Viewed 5101 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:56 am

forexjpn wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:I promise to try my hardest not to post to much in your thread. But I would look at the MN and take into account the News (this week) and not trying to start a pissing match, but watch around march/april time (tax time). Also watch how the candles form. What r u looking at

Hello Mr. Hyde,
Please post away...... I enjoy reading all your posts!
As for what I'm looking at, I trade D1 bar by bar and react. The only prediction I make is believing that price will reach a particular line I believe to be significant and then I go back to reacting to PA at that line. Right now I'd like to see a green bar form and decide whether I feel price will continue downward or reverse upward. Looking to the left, price seems to have reached a sticky area, so although I like how the last candle formed, I made it a rule to avoid late WRB, particularly ones that close right into S/D areas.
What are your thoughts?

Yea I can see price pushing a little lower, but not much more. I think 125 is a good long term target

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:00 am

My trading is done on another platform, so it doesn't show here, but currently long U/J from 114.53.

Update: out at 114.83 for +30pips
Attachments
image.png
image.png (209.32 KiB) Viewed 5023 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”