forexjpn's trade journal

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:00 am

Out at -12 after price closed over the open of previous green candle on 5min. chart.
I don't usually have the opportunity to do that, but I took the day off today, so I have the luxury of looking at lower TF.
Interestingly, had I entered from the lower TF, I would have seen that momentum was against me. Whatever, lol, next trade..........

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:09 pm

OK, no more fiddling around with trades........if I was working and not looking at the M5 chart, would have stayed in and made it to my TP..............gonna enter my trades and let them go as planned as usual.
Anyway, got in at next retrace after BO, so no complaints
Attachments
ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 18 00.11.gif
ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 18 00.11.gif (22.62 KiB) Viewed 4567 times

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:58 am

First trade for today, missed the first entry (long wick), got in on the second one at 1.4323
Again, want to point out that the trade immediately went into positive pips......that's way I like getting in at the line and not waiting for PA to confirm.
Whether it continues to go up, we'll see, but could have already gotten out for 10pips if I had wanted to.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 21 11.49.gif
ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 21 11.49.gif (25 KiB) Viewed 4505 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 am

Do you have to have the background grid on your charts?

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:20 am

Sorry........got a new netbook, forgot to turn off the grid on this set of charts

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:39 am

*********************Start From Here************************

OK, I'm back....will keep all posts brief, I don't have anything new to add, just thought I'd post some trades and hope it helps someone.

Want to start off again by acknowledging and giving thanks to all that have given me ideas to get where I am today....
MO - trading momentum, Z-lines
ES/PIP, Dragon, Bredin, Dojirock - countless examples and explanations

Trading Theories I have studied and have helped: VSA, WRB Analysis, Supply/Demand
Last edited by forexjpn on Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

forexjpn

G/U

Postby forexjpn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:02 am

Here are a few of my trades from last week.
I trade H1 exclusively, mostly E/U and G/U for FX and ES for Futures.

Brief explanations for my trades:

1. Entered at 50% retrace and exited after next Momo
2. Entered at 50% of Momo (the one I exited on) and put in a TP at next Z-line which I believed to be the extreme of a big Momo from Fri.
(note: if a Momo is not retraced, I move the Z-line to it's body extreme)
3. Entered at the break of Monday's Z-line, stopped out at extreme of Momo........ouch, but I would take that trade any day, so no regrets, move on to next trade
4. Entered at retrace to Momo body extreme and stayed in even after the long wick close.......I felt this was only to clear the way for a bigger move up
5. Entered a second position after the small up bar after the long wick bar (as it confirmed that to me that the long wick bar was not bearish), out at closest Z-line........in hindsight, I left a lot on the table, but I always exit at closest Z-line or next Momo and re-enter
However, this time, I wasn't sure what to make of the huge wick, so stayed out.
6.Entered at 50% retrace, had TP set at 50% of wick, which was about 20pips........was being cautious, because I still wasn't sure what to make of the huge wick........... unfortunately, I didn't give myself enough room for my SL and was stopped out just before price moved waaaaaay up........what evs....lol
Attachments
GU2.png
GU2.png (30.7 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
Last edited by forexjpn on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

forexjpn

Postby forexjpn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:11 am

A question for anyone willing to give their opinion..........on Tuesday (Feb.5) after I was stopped out of my trade, there was a huge down move........however, I couldn't enter based on any of my entry rules. I drew a white line where, I might have been able to enter, but I question whether I would have taken that 'real time'. The other entry (circled) I had, occurred right at Demand/Z-line, so I would have passed on that, because of the high potential of reversal.......

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Last edited by forexjpn on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

forexjpn

E/U

Postby forexjpn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 am

Here are my E/U trades........

1. Entered at 50% retrace, out a Z-line from Tues. Momo
2. Entered at extreme of Momo (because it was not retraced on), out at mini Supply zone from Wed.
Attachments
2013-02-09_1432.png
2013-02-09_1432.png (26.33 KiB) Viewed 3796 times

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:21 am

forexjpn wrote:A question for anyone willing to give their opinion..........on Tuesday (Feb.5) after I was stopped out of my trade, there was a huge down move........however, I couldn't enter based on any of my entry rules. I drew a white line where, I might have been able to enter, but I question whether I would have taken that 'real time'. The other entry (circled) I had, occurred right at Demand/Z-line, so I would have passed on that, because of the high potential of reversal.......

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

EDIT - Ahh sorry forexjpn- wrong chart :oops: - but i will leave the markup here anyway, if you don't mind? , - as it might help others - let me know if you want me to delete it mate - no worries

This is just my take on things - others might see things quite differenty

look at the big picture shipmate - you were in a great trade - but you chose to exit the devil

btw - the hourly chart shows a rose thorn into supply - i wiil post another chart

hope this helps
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Return to “TheRumpledOne”