FOCUS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 am

scratty wrote:
newscalper wrote:
scratty wrote:Price is the same on all timeframes.
no lower follows higher/higher follows lower :roll: it is just a representation of historical price data

paweldobkowski wrote:
newscalper wrote:Higher TF charts follow lower, not lower follow higher.

That is true but there's a little twist to that. Beacause price creates candles NOT the other way around. Of course - the lower You go - the closer You are to a real price movement. Candles are like any other indicator.

Exactly, so if we are discussing what is visible on a timframe chart in the form of price bars, higher timeframe price bars ALWAYS follow lower timeframe price bars. If your only concern is price you'll be looking at a line chart on the tick chart only.

Higher tf bars just take more time to close. That doesn't mean they follow the small ones. Both are there @ the same time closed or not current or historical (different tfs bars are just another representation of Price and TIME) :roll:

Yeah Scratty. I KNOW. I don't know why you're arguing over semantics. When changing TF charts people do so to base analysis on CLOSED bars and to look at past price levels based on CLOSED bars. Price is price NOW and as such the only true representation is the current bid/ask and/or the tick chart. Current bid/ask is current bid/ask on whichever chart you look at, no matter what TF but when you are talking about past levels and bars closing, faster leads slower. Nothing more to be said!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 am

scratty wrote:
newscalper wrote:
no lower follows higher/higher follows lower :roll: it is just a representation of historical price data

paweldobkowski wrote:

That is true but there's a little twist to that. Beacause price creates candles NOT the other way around. Of course - the lower You go - the closer You are to a real price movement. Candles are like any other indicator.

Exactly, so if we are discussing what is visible on a timframe chart in the form of price bars, higher timeframe price bars ALWAYS follow lower timeframe price bars. If your only concern is price you'll be looking at a line chart on the tick chart only.

Higher tf bars just take more time to close. That doesn't mean they follow the small ones. Both are there @ the same time closed or not current or historical (different tfs bars are just another representation of Price and TIME) :roll:

Yeah Scratty. I KNOW. I don't know why you're arguing over semantics. When changing TF charts people do so to base analysis on CLOSED bars and to look at past price levels based on CLOSED bars. Price is price NOW and as such the only true representation is the current bid/ask and/or the tick chart. Current bid/ask is current bid/ask on whichever chart you look at, no matter what TF but when you are talking about past levels and bars closing, faster leads slower. Nothing more to be said!

scratty

Postby scratty » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:44 am

Sorry for the confusion. I interpreted the word "following" as one thing goes first and another thing comes with a delay... just language confusion i think (english is not my mother tongue) :wink:

newscalper wrote:
scratty wrote:
newscalper wrote:

paweldobkowski wrote:

Lose professionally!

scratty

Postby scratty » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:49 pm

When it comes to Market Analysis i like to ask me the question what i shouldn't do before making a move. This helps me to not make a move when the only right thing to do is to WAIT :!:

See the pic below. I ask myself What shouldn't i do right in this situation? - Answer: I shouldn't go long (still moving south) and i shouldn't go short (limited risk/reward): Don't do anything! I can consider a short after a retracement to xy... or a long after stabilization on the ~1.3025 level.

Lose professionally!

scratty

Postby scratty » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Still floating around (with not too big vola on my equity) focusing on not losing money...

This move was nice 8)

Lose professionally!

Humble

Postby Humble » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 am

Would be nice if that indi had an option to turn off the wicks, so as to just show the (1hr) body. The (15min) candles show the formation of the higher time frame wick.

Nice trade.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 am

You mean like this...you can use 3cc indi.....
:D
Attachments
humble.gif
humble.gif (29.2 KiB) Viewed 6428 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

scratty

Postby scratty » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:04 am

i can live with the wicks i just didn't like the static timeframe for the overlay of candles_m_Candles_m_TRO_Modified. So i modified it that i always have the bigger tf overlay when switching tfs. For ex. if im on tf <h1 i have h1 as overlay, on h1 i have h4 on h4 i have the d1 overlay on d1 the w1 on w1 the mn1. This way i have always the higher tf directly on the current tf pic without changing settings...
Lose professionally!

Humble

Postby Humble » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:52 am

dojirock wrote:You mean like this...you can use 3cc indi.....
:D

Yes, chart looks much cleaner. Bredin's indi was designed for a different use and seems to reset itself under some conditions.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

scratty

Postby scratty » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 am

Im proud of this one 8) . Not because of the timing...

...because i overcame a personal weakness (exiting winners too fast) and just holded on for a longer time than usual.

Lose professionally!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”