FOCUS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Thanx Scratz,

What other replies do people have to the question, I'm very curious and really want to know.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

scratty

Postby scratty » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Don't trade short "@ new highs"!

scratty wrote:Hi Dragon

nice to have you back. Hope we will see some more posts from you again :oops:

FROM highs/lows and AT highs/lows is a big difference! I think that some traders here have a confusion with this two things...

:arrow: From highs/lows means the highs/lows are in past and there is a (failing) attempt to go to new high/low areas.

:arrow: At highs/lows means the highs/lows are just happening without a sign of stopping.

Do you agree with this definition dragon?

:idea: So don't just trade the opposite direction when price is hitting new highs/lows: Wait for a failing attempt. :shock:

HINT: Don't follow dragons high lotsize option until you are a timing god like dragen himself. Don't forget: Most traders (including me and you) are not that giftet, so try the small lot-size thing first :wink:

dragon33 wrote:Trade from the highs and lows from a big chart, zoom in on a small chart to catch high potential trades. If it goes wrong cut your loss fast. You can cut fast if you play high lotsize or you can trade scaling positions so you get more room or potential to win the trade
Lose professionally!

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Thats interesting question Tyger, and one had to really think about.

While i was learning MoMo etc there was period where i would lose every trade. Either through not knowing if what iwas doing was correct or just bad placement of stop/loss. etc

What i can conclude from all this is lack of chart exprience, between what iwas been told by Mightyone,TRO, dragon and others and what i was seeing on chart.

looking back just as short as 1 or 2 months i knew about all these things intelluctually and alot things i could see and understand. Somethings i yet to gain chart exprience. So i was relying on safety and confirmation to trade until i gained the expirence to realise that safety and confirmation are a killer in trading.

to answer the question "Why is it so easy to lose consistently" its easy because a person knowledge is ahead of thier exprience curve.

This happens in young up coming footballers for example they understand all rules and have level skill but lack exprience of what it actually means to be a professional footballer.

I get the feeling you are looking for a different answer. But its hard question.
BB
TygerKrane wrote:Scratz, bettlebox, MightyOne, EveryOne: (<--see what I did there? :lol: )
Why is it so easy to lose consistently?
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:15 pm

I like say as price pushes higher in your picture i would only take a short postion in 1 of the 2 cases:

1. if price ran in to old Supply Level and i got signal of momentum increasing to downside on lowertime frame.

2. If price DID NOT run into old supply, I would wait for a new supply area to form,downside, and then trade that, ie let the new supply zone form on higher timeframe and then wait for retracement and then, and only then, look for a signal of momentum increasing to downside on the lower timeframe.

The above 2 cases cover every situation you can think of. Thats what i see.

Took me long time to work that out i would always been in confusion when to take trade straight off bat on lower timeframe and when i should wait for new one to form.

BB

scratty wrote:

FROM highs/lows and AT highs/lows is a big difference! I think that some traders here have a confusion with this two things...

:arrow: From highs/lows means the highs/lows are in past and there is a (failing) attempt to go to new high/low areas.

:arrow: At highs/lows means the highs/lows are just happening without a sign of stopping.

:idea: So don't just trade the opposite direction when price is hitting new highs/lows: Wait for a failing attempt. :shock:

HINT: Don't follow dragons high lotsize option until you are a timing god like dragen himself. Don't forget: Most traders (including me and you) are not that giftet, so try the small lot-size thing first :wink:

dragon33 wrote:Trade from the highs and lows from a big chart, zoom in on a small chart to catch high potential trades. If it goes wrong cut your loss fast. You can cut fast if you play high lotsize or you can trade scaling positions so you get more room or potential to win the trade
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:11 pm

bettlebox wrote:Hi Dragon

just like this. The yellow circles are areas where im actively looking for trade.

Yes indeed, nice picture!
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 pm

MightyOne wrote:And dragon33, it is nice to see you around!

I've missed you :)

Thanx Mighty had a few bizzy years and last year was the most amazing of my live.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:26 pm

The point of what you call a definition is that you never make a decision without a sign of stop or a switch of S/R.
Wait for a failing attempt or a close over and a fail on the otherside after the close over.

Lotsize is the most important part of trading, it can kill you or it make you riche!!!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:29 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Scratz, bettlebox, MightyOne, EveryOne: (<--see what I did there? :lol: )
Why is it so easy to lose consistently?

Because you do not believe what you learn and see. Impatience can be a killer also!!!

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:09 am

And there, w.r.t the timing problem you hit the nail on the head. A failed attempt in which timeframe? Price can be making new highs in one and yet have appeared to have made a failed attempt in a smaller timeframe. Is price still making new highs or is it reversing? Often you see a failed attempt in a smaller TF, take the trade only to get smashed to pieces later on, as happened to me several times this last week on BBs next potential area/areas on EU. Next level up proved to be profitable on Friday but I still finished the week down.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:13 am

scratty wrote:

Scratty - what you're really showing there is lower highs and lower lows in the shorter timeframe and an entry on the second lower high. No problem with that, just make the higher TF chart irrelevent for that purpose and I can personally make that work as long as I also take profit in the shorter TF, when I try to take profit in the higher TF is where I always end up getting whipsawed to death.. Higher TF charts follow lower, not lower follow higher.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”