EVERYTHING That Is - That isn't

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:17 pm

"Men succeed when they realize that their failures are the preparation for their victories." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Going back to "Nobody knows what is going to happen next! NOBODY!"

I think traders fall into 1 of 3 categories:

1.) Those who mostly believe that people can predict what will happen next.

2.) Those that mostly believe people can not predict what will happen next.

3.) Those that mostly believe people can't predict what will happen next, EXCEPT, they are among the gifted that can predict what will happen next, the exception :lol:
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:17 pm

"Focus on Process --

Not on Outcomes"

Thanks for sharing.

We shouldn't be so FOCUSED on something like XX% percent equity gain. If we FOCUS on the PROCESS, the money will come as a result.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:22 pm

"Hey guys! Just thought id add a little something on fitness.. the body does after all feed ur brain I love this guy. and he puts the effort in !"

Getting ready - to get ready :)

START NOW!

I AM STARTING!!! I AM ON THIS!!!
Last edited by PebbleTrader on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:38 pm

The Small-Scale Approach to Achieving Great Things

"It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward." - Old Chinese proverb

:?: :!: Think big. Live to the max. Change the world. :!: :?:

All worthwhile aims, I'm sure you'll agree. These high-flying statements are meant to encourage us to achieve great things with our lives. But, rather than being an inspiration, do such huge goals just leave you feeling overwhelmed instead?

Sadly, many of us never begin developing new habits because we think a positive outcome will take too much effort. Or else, after we do start to improve our lifestyle, we give up far too soon because we don't get what we want fast enough. It's easy to be daunted by the size of the challenge ahead.

Perhaps you're struggling right now because you've set yourself targets that are difficult to reach, however hard you work. Maybe you're focusing on the distant end result and are about to quit at any moment.

If so, you could benefit from thinking small to help you transform your life. I'd like to share my experiences in the hope that you will do exactly that.

Taking On Too Much

"Think big!" may be the war cry of trail-blazing entrepreneurs but, surprisingly, it could be a limiting attitude for you to adopt straightaway.

Break Down the Big Stuff

For me, the stumbling blocks to success were that I allowed myself to be overcome by the size of the task and how long it would take to get there. What really helped was to break down the overall journey into smaller steps and to stop looking as far into the future.

Before you can achieve something in life, you need to decide precisely what it is you want.

Avoid being vague when stating your ideal end result. The more detailed the description of what success looks like from the start, the better you'll be able to divide it up into little steps.

Ask yourself why you want this result. It's extremely valuable to know these reasons because they will keep you motivated during what could be a lengthy journey ahead. Any reason is valid if it matters to you. Write every one down - you can make withdrawals from this 'motivation bank' when the going gets tough.

Decide on an overall time frame. It's essential that you set a realistic time frame for achieving your end result. If you set impossible deadlines, there's a very strong chance you'll fall short. On the other hand, if you have no end date in mind, you'll be tempted to use delaying tactics and never get there.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Anything can happen...

Expect it!
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Be absolutely certain that CERTAINTY DOESN'T EXIST!
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Flowing water takes the path of least resistance.

Do traders do this?

The path of least resistance: Taking the easy way in almost every situation, take shortcuts to everything. The majority of traders invariably seek the fastest and easiest way to get the things they want RIGHT NOW with little or not concern for the long term consequences of their behavior.

Most do what is fun and easy rather than what is NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS.

Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Do not add to a losing position.

Do not increase your trade size after a loss.

There are ways to make this work in your favor and come out at no loss or even ahead. It does work!

HOWEVER

You will be creating a BAD HABIT. If you are a professional trader, in it for the long haul. At some point, 6 months from now, 1 year from now, 10 years from now, when you least expect it, this dangerous habit could result in the mother of all losses.

There is a point where all trades can be cut at a small loss. Why risk a large % of your account for break even?
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Think BIG but start SMALL :!:
Life is just a journey

Return to “TheRumpledOne”