DONATIONAL INDICATORS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

sidney18

Postby sidney18 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:33 am

hi,
please could you advise how to use the mmtt method as i have read the bp pages but am still a little stuck...
can we not have an arrow where to enter like with the rat method? as that would be useful!
thanks in advance
sidney

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:03 am

There are arrows and colors that give direction!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

jackm1

MMTT

Postby jackm1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:50 pm

MM_MMTT
MP_MMTT

I would love to have a description as how to use these indi's, in simple english........... :shock:

I know Ave is a man of few words but hopefully Patch or one of Ave's other buddies can cough up some good explanation as how to read this.

I like the concept for sure, behind the MMPT idea, need to test in a real time for a couple of months or so, on some wild pairs............ :wink:

Thanks all.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind. -Aristotle

PTG

Re: MMTT

Postby PTG » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:33 pm

jackm1 wrote:MM_MMTT
MP_MMTT

I would love to have a description as how to use these indi's, in simple english........... :shock:

I know Ave is a man of few words but hopefully Patch or one of Ave's other buddies can cough up some good explanation as how to read this.

I like the concept for sure, behind the MMPT idea, need to test in a real time for a couple of months or so, on some wild pairs............ :wink:

Thanks all.

Hi jackm1

I suppose the best thing to do would be to actually read the thread http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-t ... ystem.html in order to understand the system on which the indicators are based. Lacking that, it is of no use to use the indicators to start with.

The MM_** indicators (MultiMeter) provide an overview of the value of the particular indicator on the timeframe you are actually watching without having to go to the timeframe.

The MP_** indicators (MultiPair) are meant to provide an overview of the indicators' value for the particular timeframe you are looking at on several currency pairs.

I hope this is of help !
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:52 am

Whenever I see a system that looks like it may have some merit, I'll create multimeter, mutlipair and/or a dashboard version. I may even write a trigger that plots an arrow on the screen.

I haven't used the MMTT system. I am busy with THE RAT. But I like to keep my coding skills sharp. And I like to learn new stuff, too.

jackm1

Postby jackm1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks Guys for some low down on the MMTT. However, RAT scalper has been indeed a money maker for me for sometime now.

Thanks Ave for that one.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind. -Aristotle

roger_over

Postby roger_over » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 am

Hi Avery would you be so kind as to list the 2 indi's name in the upper right hand the Rat and the lzz could you also please explain how best to use them with the Rat (I want my screen to look like yours) . I had a look at the MMTT and really did not get it. I really like the Rat ,I have noticed most of your energy is spent with the Rat as well. Would you advise me to study the Buy Zone for dummies? to enhance my Rat trading? I would like to be able to get into longer trades for when I am at my J.O.B. Thank you so much and take your time
Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.
E. B. White

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Those are donational indicators called:

TRO2009_MM_RAT - shows rat triggers
TRO2009_MM_3LZZ - shows 3 Level ZZ Semafor status.

Instead of having to look at multiple charts, you can use the multimeter to know what is occurring on all of the time frames.

One can be a RAT and trade the Buy Zone.

chuchu

Suggestion for a Donational Indicator

Postby chuchu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:11 pm

TRO

I have a suggestion for an indicator which I personally think would be useful.

The idea is to track the occurrences of Level 3 Semafors for recently completed bars.

I believe all current indicators only deal with the Level 3 Semafor status as of the current bar, and then when the bar closes there is a recalculation of the Level 3 Semafor status for the next current bar.

Sometimes when there is a Level 3 Semafor on the 1 HR, there is a turnaround, other times you have consecutive Level 3 Semafors for several hours in a row, and other times there is a pause for an hour or two and then a re-occurrence of a Level 3 Semafor.

Now for those of us that are looking to find the exhaustion point of a trend and looking to trade the retracement, I think it would be useful to know if there have been several Level 3 Semafors in succession (or if not in succession then more than one in the last few bars). This could possibly help in determining if we are at an exhaustion point and if at retracement trade would be appropriate.

I think the good old multimeter indicator could be used. It has 9 dots and so the first dot would be labeled for the current bar, the next one for one bar ago, the next one for 2 bars ago, and so on. Green dots could indicate Level 3 lows to buy off of, Red dots for Level 3 highs to sell off from, and grey dots for bars that did not have any signals.

I think this would be useful for the longer time frames of 30 min, all the way up to the daily time frame.

The other thing that I find useful is to look at a deviation from a SMA in conjunction with Level 3 Semafor. So if I see more than one Level 3 Semafor over the last few 1 HR bars, and a large deviation away from the 20 SMA, I start to look for a retracement trade. This deviation I just eyeball, but do not scientifically measure. The larger the deviation and the larger the number of Level 3 Semafors over the last few bars is a rough indicator of an exhaustion point and a potential retracement trade.

Richard

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Look in the REPAINT THIS THREAD.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”